0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

I saw it earlier today and I thought it was great even though I never played with Lego. It reminded me a lot of Wreck It Ralph by the way the humor was. I am sure there were a lot of Lego jokes that flew way over my head, but there was still enough other humor to make it enjoyable.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spaceship!

That is all.

Lemanic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    A good movie that sets the bar high. Think "The Neverending Story" meets "Team America". A love letter to the Occupy movement. Let's see if it stays that way till the sequel, because I'm on nails now. WB is still gonna push for the Hong Kong Phooey and Captain Planet movies, you know.

And I'm sorry, but I hate that song. I'm not a pop-EDM fan really and that song confirmed it for me once again. And I hate overpriced coffee too. And mindless sitcoms and everything this movie reassures me with. Gaaaah!

Let's discuss the topics this movie brings up, shall we?
    Last edited by Lemanic; 02-20-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Ed Liu is online now Come to our macaroni party
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Lego Movie 2 scheduled for May 26. 2017.

On the one hand, I have no idea how they're going to do a sequel to this movie. This is a movie that really doesn't seem to lend itself to a sequel at all. On the other hand, I had no idea how they were going to make a movie based on Legos at all, and reacted with a non-trivial amount of eye-rolling when I heard they were. I'm as surprised as anyone that I liked it enough to think that currently, it's the movie to beat for Best Animated Feature of 2014. With Pixar out of the running and nothing from DreamWorks feeling any more inspired, Big Hero 6 is the only known wildcard.

So I'll try to keep a more open mind about this news than I did about the original movie. Hey, if nothing else, we get more cool toys.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

Moto Pete is offline Do You Believe!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fight the Duplo Blocks!
    2008, 2010 & 2011 TOONZONE FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION
    Owner: Moto Pete

****** Now 2009 Guidelines compliant ****

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So they nabbed a choice summer spot.

CyclonatorZ is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Liu View Post

On the one hand, I have no idea how they're going to do a sequel to this movie. This is a movie that really doesn't seem to lend itself to a sequel at all. On the other hand, I had no idea how they were going to make a movie based on Legos at all, and reacted with a non-trivial amount of eye-rolling when I heard they were. I'm as surprised as anyone that I liked it enough to think that currently, it's the movie to beat for Best Animated Feature of 2014.
    Well, they've scheduled it three years later rather than the usual two, so it at least sounds like Warner Brothers is trying not to rush it. And Toy Story really didn't need sequels either, but look how that turned out.

"Two thousand five hundred tons of awesome!" Dr. Newton Geiszler, accurately summing up Pacific Rim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On the one hand, I have no idea how they're going to do a sequel to this movie. This is a movie that really doesn't seem to lend itself to a sequel at all. On the other hand, I had no idea how they were going to make a movie based on Legos at all, and reacted with a non-trivial amount of eye-rolling when I heard they were. I'm as surprised as anyone that I liked it enough to think that currently, it's the movie to beat for Best Animated Feature of 2014. With Pixar out of the running and nothing from DreamWorks feeling any more inspired, Big Hero 6 is the only known wildcard.

So I'll try to keep a more open mind about this news than I did about the original movie. Hey, if nothing else, we get more cool toys.
    I can not wait for these sequel, I hope that Phil Lord and Chris Miller return to director the sequel. They did a wonderful job, for the second time (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs).
    This is definitely the next "Toy Story" franchise, in terms of quality, critical and commercial success.
    The LEGO movie will most likely win that award (Animated Feature of 2014).

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Boxtrolls would be another potential wildcard (as would Anomalisa or Kaguya if they're released this year).
    I'm a writer at a new Boston blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/
    I also directed this short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2ruy_z9io

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    2017 is a longer wait than I thought, but I'm glad the WB has enough confidence in the potential franchise to give it a summer slot.
    I am cautious about the sequel in terms of optomisim. Phil Lord and Chris Miller are not set to direct the sequel, so this could end up being "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2" all over again. A movie with great animation but weak writing and story.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

HellCat is offline Travelling hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's my concern too. The LEGO Movie could easily have failed in anyone else's hands. Piggybacking on a great movies success with an inferior sequel is never good.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HG Revolution View Post
    Boxtrolls would be another potential wildcard (as would Anomalisa or Kaguya if they're released this year).
    Ooh, forgot about Boxtrolls. Somehow, I feel like stop motion gets critical acclaim but gets ignored by audiences and the Academy. The fact that Lego Movie is CGI that's meant to look like stop motion may also be something to consider, though I'm tossing back and forth between whether that's good or bad on balance.

Anyway, I guess the Best Animated Oscar race is a bit more up in the air than I had thought, but I still say that Lego Movie has set a surprisingly high bar as of now.

"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cool "making of" article at fxguide.com, which details some of the lengths the crew went to for authenticity's sake. Pretty cool stuff, and one BTS videos that I hadn't seen before.

-- Josh Billings

CoolEric158 is online now Sibling Rivalry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After seeing this, I'm gonna say something that could be quite controversial: The Lego Movie is the best movie Shaquille O'Neal has ever been in.

But in all seriousness, WOW! What started as a movie I didn't care about at all whatsoever has become one of my favorite animated movies in years. The story is clever and charming, the message is one of the best I've heard in years, the dialouge and visual gags are hilarious, the animation is top-notch, the voice cast is absolutely perfect, every character is memorable and likable (all hail the great Unikitty! :3); just...everything!

My only issues are that the sentimental moments are pretty sappy, and one part near the end makes no sense, which I'll go into in the spoilers below:

Spoiler:
    When Emmet is in the real world, and is able to move, how does that work? Is this Toy Story rules, where they all have intelligence? Is the kid using his imagination to make it move? What?
    Thinking of something to write down.

CoolEric158 is online now Sibling Rivalry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For those wondering, Lego Movie 2 has a different director than Lord and Miller. It'll be going off to Chris McKay, animation co-director for the movie, as well as being a director for the third Star Wars Robot Chicken special. I'm surprisingly fine with this.
    Thinking of something to write down.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolEric158 View Post
    For those wondering, Lego Movie 2 has a different director than Lord and Miller. It'll be going off to Chris McKay, animation co-director for the movie, as well as being a director for the third Star Wars Robot Chicken special. I'm surprisingly fine with this.
    The sequel now has a chance of being good. I'm so happy!

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3