Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jackie Chan Adventures

Like This Thread!

Been binging this on Netflix. Haven't watched the show in several years, and it's nice to see that it holds up and is still pretty entertaining. One of my favorite shows that aired on Kids WB.

So, which story arc is your favorite? Who's your favorite character? Who's your favorite villain? Which talisman power would you want?

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

PapaGreg is offline Getting off from violence
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Favorite Arc, Demon Arc. I like the varying locations and the designs were pretty cool. Favorite Character Toru I really like his heel face turn and thought his journy from a henchman, co worker, apprentence to mystic was pretty interesting, Favorite Tailisman dog, favorite villian the pizza and monk group( there is something about evil groups that work together well that I really like)

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Which talisman power would you want?
    Who wouldn't want the Dog Talisman?

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I remember watching this show back on Kids' WB too. It was a lot of fun, even though I mostly only enjoyed the first three seasons. I think that I liked season two the most. The Demon Sorcerers arc built up from the conclusion of the first season, most of the demons had good designs and the season finale was handled pretty well if I recall correctly. I think that I liked Jackie and Uncle the most. Jackie was a likable lead and Uncle was just the cool wise teacher figure. Season one Valmont and Shendu from the first two seasons were my favorite villains. Both were pretty intimidating, but they became less threatening as the series progressed, especially Valmont. As for the tailsman power, I'd probably want either the dragon just because of how powerful it is or the snake because of how useful invisibility could be. Plus, I was born in the year of the snake, so that would be a nice fit. The Dog Tailsman is definitely the most useful in providing immortality, but I wanted to go with something different.

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jackie Chan Adventures was a fun show. It started to wane a bit for me after season 3, but I could still watch it and not complain. All of the characters were pretty well done, though Jade could get annoying at times.

As for favorite talisman power, there's so many good ones to choose from. I've always liked the Rooster power because levitation/telekinesis has always been one of my favorite magic/super powers, and coincidentally I was also born in the year of the Rooster, but I also liked the Rabbit, Dragon, Pig and Monkey powers as well. The Horse talisman would also be good to keep around whenever someone in the house got sick.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My fav of the show was the The Oni Masks especially when it explained the origins of the Shadowkhan. As for a talisman i would go with the Snake Talisman, would be good for a few things lol.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Gatordragon is offline El Zombino - level 1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ah, Jackie Chan Adventures. I used to enjoy watching this show as a kid. It was one of my favorite shows on Kids WB. This thread is making me want to watch it again.

My favorite story arc was the one with the talisman powered animals. I liked Dal Long Wong (or however you spell his name) and his trio of demon henchmen.

My favorite character was Uncle. Uncle is one cool old guy, with his magic and his two finger slaps to the head. I actually started doing that to my brother for a few weeks.

It's a tough call for which talisman I want, but I would choose the rooster talisman. Yeah I was born in the year of the rooster, but I would love to fly and make other things float as well.

El Zombino of the Huracan clan from Urban Rivals

For little brother, Jorgito, life is above all a tale of opportunities. So what better time to put this to the test than during the Festival of the Dead in Los Santos? Jorgito and his sister have concluded that, OK, you may not be able to negotiate with death, but you can make some damn good money out of it!

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The last season was garbage with those three wannabe rappers.

Radical is offline The Face of Evilness & Sadism!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jackie Chan Adventures made by the awesome Jackie Chan was a pretty enjoyable/entertaining action show which great action, comedy, great fight scenes, and nice story arcs.

The Heroes and Supporting Characters: Both Jackie Chan and Uncle Chan are awesome likable enjoyable heroes while Uncle is so funny along with his great "One more thing" catchphrase.Captain Augustus Black, Tohru, El Toro Fuerte, Paco, Viper, and Future Adult Jade were all pretty awesome supporting characters which both El Toro Fuerte/Viper/Future Adult Jade have their best fights next to Jackie/Uncle.

The Villains: Both Valmont, Finn/Ratso/Chow/Tohru/Hak Foo, Shendu, Drago, The Demon Sorcerers: Po Kong/Tchang Zu/Hsi Wu/Tso Lan/Dai Gui/Bai Tsa, Daolon Wong, Gan/Ren/Chui, Tarakudo, Ikazuki/The Oni Generals, Strikemaster Ice, DJ Fist & MC Cobra, Evil Jackie Chan, Bartholomew Chang, Vanessa Barone, The Monkey King, Chi Vampire/Jiangshi, and Springheel Jack(with Vincent Vladislav Argost's voice,sweet) were all my favorite awesome interesting villains as much as I'm a big fan of evil dragons/demons/trolls, hehehe.I do feel sorry for Valmont/Finn/Ratso/Chow/Hak Foo though when they were less threatening.Both the Demon Sorcerers/Dark Chi Warriors have awesome designs.Both Jim Cummings & James Hong were marvelous as Hak Foo and Daolon Wong.Cool that Bartholomew Chang is a parody of the evil Han from Bruce Lee's movie, Enter the Dragon.

Favorite Story Arcs: Both the Demon Sorcerers Arc, the Talismans Quest Arc, and the Oni Masks Arc were my top favorite awesome arcs ever especially making Daolon Wong a great major villain with great major screentime.

Favorite Talismans: I choose both Rat, Rabbit, and Dragon which Animation on giving inanimate objects to life, Super Speed, and Combustion powers are pretty awesome/fun.

Worst Unlikable Character that I dislike: Jade Chan was such an annoying unbearable/unlikable brat/nuisance for poor Jackie who got on my nerves as much as I wanna punch her.
    Last edited by Radical; 01-29-2014 at 01:50 AM.

Neo Yi is offline The Great "Lord" Starscream
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Definitely the second season when Shendu and his Demon brothers and sisters were involved. The stakes were much higher than the first and the ending with the book that altered the universe was an amazing finale to it. I don't care much for the filler episodes in Season 2 and by the time Season 3 aired, it became too tedious for me to sit through as much (I was really struggling during Season 4 and I skipped large portions of Season 5,) Season 2 was definitely what I considered the high pinnacle point of JCA.

As for Talisman...god, I am tempt to say the Dog Talisman because total immortality, yo.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    "Dawn's breaking on Cybertron." I review Windblade #1. Spoiler-free!

Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I only watched this show because my brother was a fan. It is nice to see it hold up though. A while back he and I got into a conversation about this and we both agreed it was likely going to be one of those shows that are only good for the nostalgia.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors

Classic Speedy is online now It's not Regis!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Unfortunately I missed this show because I didn't get Kids WB, and missed its reruns on CN and XD. Luckily, it appears to be playing on Crackle's official site, or at least some of it. As a Jackie Chan fan, I may have to check it out.
    "Ah, crusty pants, a filthy wall, good morning!"

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I loved this show when it was on. The only thing that bugged me was Jade, the last season, and that Shendu never used the voice he had when he first got all of the talismans.

StellaMagic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was one of my fave shows too. I like the Demon Arc and Oni Arc, and my favorite character is Drago. In fact, I've been writing a fanfic follow-up over the past few years called the J-Teens which features Drago.

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is how long it's been: my uncle's dog recently died. My cousin had named the dog Tohru, after the fat bodyguard from JCA. The dog was 13 years old.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

StellaMagic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've finally figured out what the Demon Sorcerer's name mean based on research:

Tso Lan- "Wise Orchid"
    Po Kong- "Hunger Void"
    Tchang Zu- "Smooth Storm"
    Xiao Fung- "Morning Wind"
    Shendu- "Fierce Spirit"
    Dai Gui- "Idle Spirit"
    Bai Tsa- "Pure Water"
    Hsi Wu- "Small Courage"

the_joker is offline Member Last Line Of Defense Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was a fun show, and it also holds up well. Though the quality dipped somewhat in season 3 and more so with seasons 4 and 5, but they were overall watchable. That means the first 2 seasons were the best for me, though I'm not sure which I prefer.

Jackie Chan is probably my favorite character since he was an archaeologist who happens to be a good martial artist and gets himself dragged into a bunch of strange situations.

Jade was fun at first, but she seemed to have stolen Jackie's spotlight as the show went on. Jackie even seemed to be very out of focus during the last seasons even though his name was in the title. Jade was annoying at times, and there were episodes I preferred to just be about Jackie and not involve Jade at all.

The Dark Hand and Shendu were my favorite villains, and it's too bad Valmont decayed over the course of the show, but it was somewhat reasonable since he couldn't keep his criminal empire together, but his decline was still disappointing in some way.

Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just watched the whole series for the first time in years on Netflix (though I skipped a lot of the filler). Some episodes I've never even seen before, like episodes of season 4 and all of season 5.
    Even though the show dipped in quality a little in seasons 3-5, and Jackie seemed less focus as a main character as magic became more prominent, this was an overall really solid show that still holds up today for the most part. It's also has to be the most successful animated cartoon inspired by a celebrity
    And even though Jade became increasingly more annoying, I gotta say I'm glad that we got a feisty young girl as a sidekick. IIRC, that's usually a role filled by a male character.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    (though I skipped a lot of the filler).
    Which ones?
    (Insert plug here)