Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I only watched this show because my brother was a fan. It is nice to see it hold up though. A while back he and I got into a conversation about this and we both agreed it was likely going to be one of those shows that are only good for the nostalgia.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors
    Want to read some movie reviews? Check out the blog
    http://animatedmoviegoddess.blogspot.com/

Dr. Daedalus is offline I presume
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Unfortunately I missed this show because I didn't get Kids WB, and missed its reruns on CN and XD. Luckily, it appears to be playing on Crackle's official site, or at least some of it. As a Jackie Chan fan, I may have to check it out.

ShadowBeast is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I loved this show when it was on. The only thing that bugged me was Jade, the last season, and that Shendu never used the voice he had when he first got all of the talismans.

StellaMagic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was one of my fave shows too. I like the Demon Arc and Oni Arc, and my favorite character is Drago. In fact, I've been writing a fanfic follow-up over the past few years called the J-Teens which features Drago.

Peter Paltridge is online now Steve was delicious
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This is how long it's been: my uncle's dog recently died. My cousin had named the dog Tohru, after the fat bodyguard from JCA. The dog was 13 years old.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: So it's finally here! Rereleased for you! If you have a Wii U you can join in too! But some of the games are simply the worst! If they trip ya, it's gonna hurt! Check out the 12 Worst Parts of Donkey Kong 64....

StellaMagic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've finally figured out what the Demon Sorcerer's name mean based on research:

Tso Lan- "Wise Orchid"
    Po Kong- "Hunger Void"
    Tchang Zu- "Smooth Storm"
    Xiao Fung- "Morning Wind"
    Shendu- "Fierce Spirit"
    Dai Gui- "Idle Spirit"
    Bai Tsa- "Pure Water"
    Hsi Wu- "Small Courage"

the_joker is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was a fun show, and it also holds up well. Though the quality dipped somewhat in season 3 and more so with seasons 4 and 5, but they were overall watchable. That means the first 2 seasons were the best for me, though I'm not sure which I prefer.

Jackie Chan is probably my favorite character since he was an archaeologist who happens to be a good martial artist and gets himself dragged into a bunch of strange situations.

Jade was fun at first, but she seemed to have stolen Jackie's spotlight as the show went on. Jackie even seemed to be very out of focus during the last seasons even though his name was in the title. Jade was annoying at times, and there were episodes I preferred to just be about Jackie and not involve Jade at all.

The Dark Hand and Shendu were my favorite villains, and it's too bad Valmont decayed over the course of the show, but it was somewhat reasonable since he couldn't keep his criminal empire together, but his decline was still disappointing in some way.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just watched the whole series for the first time in years on Netflix (though I skipped a lot of the filler). Some episodes I've never even seen before, like episodes of season 4 and all of season 5.
    Even though the show dipped in quality a little in seasons 3-5, and Jackie seemed less focus as a main character as magic became more prominent, this was an overall really solid show that still holds up today for the most part. It's also has to be the most successful animated cartoon inspired by a celebrity
    And even though Jade became increasingly more annoying, I gotta say I'm glad that we got a feisty young girl as a sidekick. IIRC, that's usually a role filled by a male character.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    (though I skipped a lot of the filler).
    Which ones?
    (Insert plug here)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12