Follow Us:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ILDC is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Scirel View Post
    Titan Maximum.
    Another victim of really good show cancelled by lack of toys. I wonder how many more quality shows will fall because they didn`t have good toys or the toys didn`t sell? Shame.

Also Adult Swim completely needlessly taking the 9PM hour. Booo.
    Wasn't Titan Maximum a Votron spoof made by the Robot Chicken guys? I didn't know comedy shows not marketed to children needed toys to survive.

Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Titan Maximum was a comedy series aimed at adults. Toy companies don't typically target adults. Adult cartoons don't rely on merch to stay on the air. I'm pretty sure that low ratings was the reason why Titan Maximum didn't get a second season..

The situation was similar with AS' Stroker & Hoop; it's ratings weren't good and the show was too expensive to keep producing if no one was going to watch.
    Last edited by Goldstar Neo; 01-03-2014 at 06:29 PM.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Scirel is offline WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar Neo View Post
    Titan Maximum was a comedy series aimed at adults. Toy companies don't typically target adults. Adult cartoons don't rely on merch to stay on the air. I'm pretty sure that low ratings was the reason why Titan Maximum didn't get a second season..

The situation was similar with AS' Stroker & Hoop; it's ratings weren't good and the show was too expensive to keep producing if no one was going to watch.
    Sorry, my brain was dead. As I sometimes Mix up Game of Thrones and Hunger Games, I mix up the titles of Symbionic Titan and Titan Maxiumum, when I really meant the former.
    I am the squid of the vapor surrounding your dreams, sorrow, nightmares, and bootie pants. So watch out about that.

- Raocow

Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One "1 and Done" cartoon that I remember being pretty good was Mighty Orbots, a TMS animated series that aired for a single season (1984) on ABC Saturday mornings before getting completely eclipsed by another super fighting robots cartoon, Transformers.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yup... found another legendary 1-season cartoon! and a huge shame it wasn't continued, I LOVED the humor and the villains haha.. and best part is them answering FANS!!!!!!!!

[top]The Ripping Friends

IJ130: 2003 - 2012
    G2129: 1987 - 2003
    ----------------------------
    LF378: 1998 - 2006
    A250: 1987 - 1998

Corwin Haught is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Clerks cartoon. Good stuff there.

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One show I liked that only got one season was Extreme Ghostbusters. Alot of shows I like that deserved more seasons had two seasons.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3