Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    RandomMe is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

It's official: KidsCo is on the verge of death. In 5 and 3/4 hours, we will not only enter 2014, but witenss the end of a channel. DIno Squad's intro will be the very last show, as I already said, and then, the channel closes.
    Clix lists Dino Squad as airing until 00:44.

josie is offline Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Arrow :D View Post
    Josie, which languages appear in the coming up next-bumpers?

KidsCo AU: something in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Malaysian, Indonesian and 2 other languages. (I think Korean and Filipino?)
    KidsCo CEE: Next (English), EπˇÁεvo (Greek), K÷vetkezik (Hungarian), Дaлee (Russian), Urmează (Romanian), Az sonra (Turkish).
    KidsCo EMEA: Next (English), A continuaciˇn (Spanish), Suivant (French), Danach (German), A seguir (Galician), Cлeди (Bulgarian).

KidsCo AU was airing Future is Wild at 23:30 CET. Maybe they are gone nuts and replaced KidsCo CEE with KidsCo AU or something? KidsCo AU is now airing Back to the Future.

Yes, they show the languages you listed next to KidsCo CEE, there's a lot of them and they change quickly.

RandomMe, I really hope they give us back Disney XD. I asked them for it on SBB forum but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't replace it with anything.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Yes, they show the languages you listed next to KidsCo CEE, there's a lot of them and they change quickly.

RandomMe, I really hope they give us back Disney XD. I asked them for it on SBB forum but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't replace it with anything.
    Only time will tell.
    And that time is really short: 159 minutes left over here and 99 minutes left where you live!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Nothing special on the channel's website, even though the channel airs that promo with that catchy theme.
    The website lists "Zuzu and the Supernuffs" as the channel's last show, in the EMEA region.136 minutes to 2014 and the end of KidsCo over here and 76 minutes in Central Europe.

MadMan400096 is online now Social Outcast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who finds it funny that the discussion in this thread is less about forumgoers talking about the US-based Sprout's future (since I'm assuming the majority of people here are American, myself included), and more international users about counting down to the doom of some obscure international channel that was never even available in most major English-speaking countries?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan400096 View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it funny that the discussion in this thread is less about forumgoers talking about the US-based Sprout's future (since I'm assuming the majority of people here are American, myself included), and more international users about counting down to the doom of some obscure international channel that was never even available in most major English-speaking countries?
    Basically the focal point for the next 1-2 hours will be KidsCo.
    Actually, why don't they rename PBS Kids Sprout as just Sprout? Or did they rebrand it without noticing?
    The only major English-speaking country where KidsCo was available was Australia. They will keep KidsCo until February 14th, but they will only air the Syfy Kids shows.

MadMan400096 is online now Social Outcast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomMe View Post
    Basically the focal point for the next 1-2 hours will be KidsCo.
    Actually, why don't they rename PBS Kids Sprout as just Sprout? Or did they rebrand it without noticing?
    The only major English-speaking country where KidsCo was available was Australia. They will keep KidsCo until February 14th, but they will only air the Syfy Kids shows.
    It wasn't just the past few hours. The past page or two has been entirely dedicated to KidsCo.

Also, Sprout was already phasing out the PBS connection by the time of NBCU's full takeover, so the rebrand was more or less seamless.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It wasn't just the past few hours. The past page or two has been entirely dedicated to KidsCo.

Also, Sprout was already phasing out the PBS connection by the time of NBCU's full takeover, so the rebrand was more or less seamless.
    KidsCo is almost dead, so let's just change the point of the conversation to Sprout.

Aquadementia is online now Mutant Snow Goons!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The channel disappearing has a bigger, more immediate impact. That's where the news is now.

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

Looney Tunes Fan is offline Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What KidsCo channels are shutting down tonight?
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

josie is offline Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    KidsCo is gone. Here's whats on their screen

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    @Looney Tunes Fan: There were five KidsCo channels: KidsCo EMEA, KidsCo South Africa, KidsCo CEE, KidsCo Asia and KidsCo Australia. Four versions just closed down and KidsCo Australia will stay on for a little longer, until February 14th.
    Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    KidsCo is gone. Here's whats on their screen

Did they cut out straight into that test card?

josie is offline Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^ I don't know, I didnt see it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    This is how it closed down in Russia. "Final minutes of KidsCo's broaqdcast in Russia. and it's closure". A generic next bumper for KidsCo appears at 6:41.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    @MadMan400096: RandomMe loves counting down, I think. He did the same with other channels that closed down.

@RandomMe: KidsCo Australia, KidsCo South-Africa and KidsCo Asia are the same channel They just gave it 3 websites. (CN EMEA also has 2 websites, remember?)

I hope other channels will pick up Inspector Gadget, Grossology, Jacob Two-Two and Count Duckula. I like these shows and I want to see them in English or Dutch on my television (not in French)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Arrow :D View Post
    @MadMan400096: RandomMe loves counting down, I think. He did the same with other channels that closed down.

@RandomMe: KidsCo Australia, KidsCo South-Africa and KidsCo Asia are the same channel They just gave it 3 websites. (CN EMEA also has 2 websites, remember?)

I hope other channels will pick up Inspector Gadget, Grossology, Jacob Two-Two and Count Duckula. I like these shows and I want to see them in English or Dutch on my television (not in French)
    @Red Arrow: On December 2nd, I believed that CN HQ was about to close with The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. I though that the channel would leave Portugal at that point. Josie said "Last 45 minutes of Cartoon Network HQ in Portugal. Enjoy them, RandomMe".
    The next day, I woke up and they were airing Regular Show (the episode was A Bunch of Baby Ducks). The switch happened two hours later (I was at school). Only when my first term ended I discovered that CN HQ was still on Vodafone, and until the end of the month.
    Also, what will happen to Count Duckula and Danger Mouse? Will they return to Boomerang? Presumably so.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne2 View Post
    According to a commerical that just aired on Kidsco Australia. The final air date is 14th of Feb 2014. From Monday 16th December. It will be nothing but Sci Fi Kids shows:
    -Back to the Future
    -Future is Wild
    -Z Squad
    -Matt Hatter Chronicles
    -Sendokai Champions
    @TheGreatOne2: ADDENDUM: I just went to the FOXTEL website and they aired Zuzu and the Supernuffs today. Probably by accident?

M622 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a theory on why NBCuniversal is doing this. They want sprout to become a regular kids channel to make it be the next kidsco. I mean,when you think about it, it makes sense. now that NBCuniversal bought the entire channel, the can do what ever they want with it. And with no interference, they can enter the kids and family market without all preschool Stuff, and expanding sprout into the international market , thus making it into the next kids co. Basically NBCuniversal rebooting kidsco from scratch.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M622 View Post
    I have a theory on why NBCuniversal is doing this. They want sprout to become a regular kids channel to make it be the next kidsco. I mean,when you think about it, it makes sense. now that NBCuniversal bought the entire channel, the can do what ever they want with it. And with no interference, they can enter the kids and family market without all preschool Stuff, and expanding sprout into the international market , thus making it into the next kids co. Basically NBCuniversal rebooting kidsco from scratch.
    They could give it another name.
    Australians: the Syfy Kids block now makes sense in context. Syfy has arrived to Australia, replacing SF, which replaced Sci-Fi seventeen months ago.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3