Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RandomMe is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Until 2005, most of the Dial M For Monkey episodes. The only one I've seen until then was Peltra.
    Ditto with The Justice Friends, although I have never seen it overall until 2005ish.
    And what about the episode "Last But Not Beast"? I believe that I've only seen it ONCE AND ONLY ONCE, so for most of my childhood, the "Go, Dexter Family Go!" song was heard for the first time on "Go, Dexter Family Go!", and not "Last But Not Beast".

DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    On the subject of Pokémon, I also know that "Memories are Made of Bliss!", the DP finale, has only aired three times in the US; its original airdate, once during a weekday run, and once on Boomerang. Because of the way they do Sunday reruns, it was skipped over so they could run "In The Shadow of Zekrom!", the BW premiere. After one complete weekday run of Sinnoh League Victors, they started DP over from "Following a Maiden's Voyage". After that, I think after the Ash vs. Paul episodes (or maybe even during them), they started showing BW on weekday mornings. So that episode only aired twice on CN, but aired once more on Boomerang.

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Adventure Time's "A Glitch is a Glitch" is an example that comes to mind. As far as I'm aware, unlike the rest of the recent episodes, I'm not sure if it's actually been rerun at all since its intital airing (and even if it was, certainly not as much as its accompanying short, Isle de Senorita). Looks like that's hopefully changing though, as CN is finally rerunning it tonight at 6pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak Masaki View Post
    Its extremely rare to see the Phineas and Ferb episodes "Ready for the Bettys/The Flying Fishmonger". Ive heard speculation that since Ready for the Bettys is more of a Candace/Stacy episode its not aired that much, but that doesnt explain other candace-heavy episodes like Spa Day or Run Candace Run from airing.
    The reason why "Ready for the Bettys" hasn't aired (in the US) as much as the rest of the season 1 episodes is, from what I've heard, because there actually is a band called The Bettys. The writers were unaware of the band's existence until a while after the episode had already premiered, and Disney ended up pulling all further airings of it to avoid legal action from the band (though it's still available on iTunes and Netflix). "The Flying Fishmonger" was unfortunately pulled as well because it's the accompanying segment.
    Last edited by veemonjosh; 11-18-2013 at 04:02 PM.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 6/30 - Anime of Yesteryear Goes to Japan!)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Peter Paltridge is online now Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Who knows why, but the second season "Timon and Pumbaa" episodes did not air more than once in syndication. Instead, they repeated the Season One episodes instead from December forward. Kinda frustrating; I enjoyed those eps and kept looking for a chance to tape them. It didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    One episode of Tiny Toon Adventures that I almost never see airing on the various channels that have aired the show is "Going Places", aka the field trip show featuring the shorts "When You're Hot...", "That's Art, Folks!" and "Slaughterhouse Jive". I only recall seeing that episode once or twice on Fox Kids and each time the series has resurfaced in syndication on various cable networks, this continues to be one of the least frequently repeated TT shows. I never seem to see the episodes "Special Classes Day" or "Music Day" being shown on TV that much either.
    "Going Places" was one of the five Season 2 episodes I mentioned earlier. So the tradition of its rarity has continued, huh?

What adds to it is, it's such a weird episode, so having it randomly show up on the bluest of moons makes it feel even stranger.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: At long last, site updates are resuming! And We Bought A Retrode!

MadMan400096 is online now Half-Elf Maid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember being confused when the first season SpongeBob episodes "SpongeBob ScaredyPants"/"I Was a Teenage Gary" and "SB129"/"Karate Choppers" for some reason stopped showing up in reruns. The latter eventually made it back to rotation, but the former, being a Halloween episode, was stuck to that holiday. If I had to theorize, parents probably looked down on "Karate Choppers" for its imitable (albeit exaggerated) physical violence (I remember copying the "karate" in my 1st grade class and getting suspended for it).

HUBTigers87 is online now Sign Holder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TenPoundHammer View Post
    I hear that CN almost never airs "The Unicorns Have Got to Go" from Regular Show anymore.
    That one, and I don't see "Prank Callers" -- both (or at least Unicorns) played one time during the summer. I have 2 links from zap2it taking me to their episode pages so I can keep watch if it gets scheduled within the next two weeks. I still keep missing and have yet to see them both.
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | GO WINNING TEAM!

Let the bag out of the cat.

Zorak Masaki is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I havent seen any MAD episodes from the first two seasons lately either.

Kuromi_Star is offline Neko mimi mode
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HUBTigers87 View Post
    That one, and I don't see "Prank Callers" -- both (or at least Unicorns) played one time during the summer. I have 2 links from zap2it taking me to their episode pages so I can keep watch if it gets scheduled within the next two weeks. I still keep missing and have yet to see them both.
    I also only saw it once during the summer and not since. I suppose the episode is sort of risque as far as humor/stereotypes go, though I haven't heard any specific complaints about it

Peter Paltridge is online now Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorak Masaki View Post
    I havent seen any MAD episodes from the first two seasons lately either.
    I don't think you can blame them for that one. Parodies get old fast.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: At long last, site updates are resuming! And We Bought A Retrode!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a few "Kim Possible" examples of this. Of course, most episodes have not aired on US television since it was removed from airing in 2010.

Bueno Nacho: This episode did not air between December 1, 2003 and August 2, 2004.
    Tick-Tick-Tick: This episode did not air between December 1, 2003 and August 3, 2004.
    The New Ron: This episode did not air between March 12, 2004 and November 28, 2004; It also did not air between September 5, 2007 and April 26, 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    I don't think "Kon Ducki" was reran for months, because I missed its original airing and didn't see it until season 3 was going on. I thought it was new.
    Sort of. In that time frame, it was repeated in May 1992, October 1992 (Plucky Duck Show) and June 1993.

Who knows why, but the second season "Timon and Pumbaa" episodes did not air more than once in syndication. Instead, they repeated the Season One episodes instead from December forward. Kinda frustrating; I enjoyed those eps and kept looking for a chance to tape them. It didn't happen.
    Yes, this is true. Though, some of the pairings were different.

I remember being confused when the first season SpongeBob episodes "SpongeBob ScaredyPants"/"I Was a Teenage Gary" and "SB129"/"Karate Choppers" for some reason stopped showing up in reruns. The latter eventually made it back to rotation, but the former, being a Halloween episode, was stuck to that holiday.
    Yes, there was one point when Nick only aired SB129 on New Year's Eve.
    (Insert plug here)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast