Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
    MadMan400096 is online now Half-Elf Maid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmster View Post
    In that case, Eyeshield 21 would be perfect. Viz only dubbed a few episodes for Toonami Jetstream before it was shut down. Last I heard, Sentai Filmworks had the license and released the first 52 episodes on subtitled-only DVDs. Saban should reach out to them and get a new dub produced for the block.
    Yeah, that would be a pretty good gateway for Sentai anime to air on TV (i.e. Vortexx, Nicktoons, Toonami, and not counting Anime Network, a sister operation, and Neon Alley, which, for all intents and purposes, isn't technically a network). If Eyeshield 51 were to come, it could lead to my own programming wish being realized!

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wouldn't Eyeshield 21 need some big edits to get on Vortexx? I remember the Jetstream dub having a bunch of complaints about censorship, so a broadcast version would only fair worse.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

gmster is offline Delicious.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Takao View Post
    Wouldn't Eyeshield 21 need some big edits to get on Vortexx? I remember the Jetstream dub having a bunch of complaints about censorship, so a broadcast version would only fair worse.
    There's nothing super violent about it, other than on-field action. I have no idea where you heard that from.

DonkeyKongSong is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've never seen Eyeshield 21, but I really can't imagine what would need to be censored in a show like that, unless there's excess fanservice or language.

Speaking of old VIZ dubbed sports anime, how about The Prince of Tennis? 50 episodes were dubbed, but I don't know if it has an ongoing story/goal or is just episodic. If the latter, then it probably wouldn't be a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Takao View Post
    The Viz dub skipped and merged a bunch of episodes together, that's probably what you're thinking of.
    Last edited by gmster; 12-22-2013 at 08:37 PM.

aegisrawks is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think he meant Hiruma's guns and so on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks View Post
    I think he meant Hiruma's guns and so on.
    Hiruma's weapons are visual gags played up for comedy. They're not an issue.

aegisrawks is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually agree,just paint them green and they are ready to go.

RunoMisaki573 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Justice League Unlimited and The Spectacular Spider-Man: Animated Series got their pilot episodes reran last week. If it happens that Sonic X airs a rerun of the earlier episodes instead of the next Metarex Saga episode, then Vortexx will get very messed up. We're all hoping Sonic X finishes its run once then get replaced by something else because that show has a lot more episodes than JLU and TSSM:AS combined.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RunoMisaki573 View Post
    Justice League Unlimited and The Spectacular Spider-Man: Animated Series got their pilot episodes reran last week. If it happens that Sonic X airs a rerun of the earlier episodes instead of the next Metarex Saga episode, then Vortexx will get very messed up. We're all hoping Sonic X finishes its run once then get replaced by something else because that show has a lot more episodes than JLU and TSSM:AS combined.
    The reason they played the first episode of JLU again was because they finished airing all of the episodes for those seasons again. They went back to the pilot episode for Spectacular Spider-Man was probably because they wanted to save on the rest of season two for after the holiday season. Same reason why Zexal aired reruns most likely. There's no reason why they'd air an earlier episode of Sonic X. People want it to be replaced with something else because of how ridiculously overplayed it is and that timeslot could be better used for Digimon Fusion.