Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Did Murder Police gets revamped for ADHD as Axe Cop?

ILDC is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dth1971 View Post
    Did Murder Police gets revamped for ADHD as Axe Cop?
    Murder Police got scrapped months after Axe Cop aired, which was based on a webcomic in the first place.

gmster is offline Delicious.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks View Post
    People hate Adult Swim(Except for Toonami).
    Completely untrue.

aegisrawks is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You are right.I meant the people that criticize Family Guy are the same ones who are sick of Adult Swims comedies that arent The Boondocks or Venture Bros.

Wan
    Wan is offline The First Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Seth MacFarlane isn't the creator of Bordertown and the show will focus on the relationship between the American man and the Mexican immigrant. So it won't be a standard family sitcom.

ToonReel is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wan View Post
    Seth MacFarlane isn't the creator of Bordertown and the show will focus on the relationship between the American man and the Mexican immigrant. So it won't be a standard family sitcom.
    To be fair American Dad was initially designed with political undertones and to focus primarily around Stan and Hayley's rivalry, it eventually evolved into the standard 'Bumbling dad screws up and learns how to be a better parent' formula even more so than Family Guy and The Cleveland Show.

Wan
    Wan is offline The First Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonReel View Post
    To be fair American Dad was initially designed with political undertones and to focus primarily around Stan and Hayley's rivalry, it eventually evolved into the standard 'Bumbling dad screws up and learns how to be a better parent' formula even more so than Family Guy and The Cleveland Show.
    American Dad also had the same style as Family Guy but eventually evolved to find its own voice.

nakak is offline Don't break a Pinkie Promise.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lalo Alcaraz wrote on Facebook that they hired him as one of the writers on this show. Alcaraz is a Latino cartoonist best known for La Cucaracha, which runs in newspapers.

So, at the very least, they have a Latino writer on this staff. Especially since Alcaraz frequently does cartoons on the racist BS immigrants have to deal with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Picture from one of the writer's Facebook page:

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post

I understand the man's not popular among animation purists, but does every post have to be "he's terrible make him stop"? Thousands of people, myself included, enjoy his shows. Sure, they can get off color at times, but so is South Park and half the shows on Adult Swim. Clearly all the internet grumbling isn't affecting Fox's decisions, so why waste the effort?
    You want to know why this happens? I'll tell you. This thread's title is a dog-bites-man story. People complain because Fox continues to lean on him and his brand of humor, which has had a near stranglehold on the network and excessive influence on this genre for years and is a devolution from what The Simpsons accomplished in television. It's not just that you have a show you like and other people just have to get over it already and move on, which is what the South Park scenario is. You get endless servings of this while with the very rare exception, everyone else just has to cling to The Simpsons and reruns of fondly remembered sitcoms that were conceived in the 1990s. That's why the internet doesn't leave it alone (and not just "purists", whatever that means). Normally I get sick of this kind of thing too, but in this case? For once I can actually understand.

It makes perfectly good business sense for Fox. It's also very sad.

Hate was mistaken in regard to the attempt at restarting The Flintstones though. I know I'd have taken that over this imminent barrage of stereotype jokes any day.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Classic Speedy is online now It's not Regis!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nakak View Post

Well... at least the designs aren't a rehash of Family Guy, American Dad, and Cleveland Show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's a brief interview with one of the show's writers.

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nakak View Post

Let the painful comments about how it looks alone begin - then again, most of the cartoons I like (most of them surprisingly from Canada as of late)... have (semi-) ugly artsytles, anyway, IMHO.

Even if the artstyle is pleasing to me, that doesn't change the fact that that Flintstones Remake is looking more and more like a better idea by the second I learn more about this show, sadly.
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

cartoonscartoons is offline I cant help it, if I'm lucky
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post
    I write this post as a regular member, not a moderator.

I understand the man's not popular among animation purists, but does every post have to be "he's terrible make him stop"? Thousands of people, myself included, enjoy his shows. Sure, they can get off color at times, but so is South Park and half the shows on Adult Swim. Clearly all the internet grumbling isn't affecting Fox's decisions, so why waste the effort?

Flamebait towards MacFarlane seems to be accepted on the internet, but I think everyone's missing the big picture- don't like it? Don't watch it and move on. I don't like One Piece, but I'm not blasting it on every anime forum because I think it's full of filler or because the dub is bad.
    ...Except you just brought it up to criticize it, under the guise of using it as an 'example'.

And, One Piece is probably one of the most 'filler-lite' animes of our time.

Utronix is offline Creator Of Early Hours
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As a big fan of Seth I'm really looking forward to seeing this. However, Family Guy has got pretty stale the past few series. The last new episode I watched was really poor. Only laughed once

Hopefully this will be a huge revival of his comedy (and the writers) taking him back to the beginning of his cartoon reign!

UTRONEX
    The Social Network For Geeks

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoonscartoons View Post
    ...Except you just brought it up to criticize it, under the guise of using it as an 'example'.
    This isn't fair. The point argued was that criticism was & is too pervasive and persistent, not that complaining can't exist.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Kindness King is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think this counts as a Seth MacFarlene show. It looks more like a friend of his made it, and he signed off on it. I'm guessing this guy did 3-South (which I didn't like), but as long as it's funny and the writing is good, I'll watch it.
    More harm has been done by people panicked over societal decline than societal decline ever did.

-xkcd.com

HUBTigers87 is offline Michyl
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forget what the premise is, I'm just surprised, that save for Murder Police, the show title doesn't involve a male household member. The 'Cleveland' Show, Family 'Guy', American 'Dad'...
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | MLB Spring Training

Survivors. | 1000th post: 3/13/14 @ 1:16am

Aquadementia is online now Mutant Snow Goons!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoonscartoons View Post

And, One Piece is probably one of the most 'filler-lite' animes of our time.
    Maybe you do raise a point. People shouldn't keep bringing up a show at every opportunity to bash it.
    Don't be going "This show has a nice color scheme, unlike One Piece." Unless there's a direct connection, like they are done by the same artists.
    Or "I enjoyed a swim to-day. #takethatluffy"

But defunctzombie hasn't been doing that. I checked.
    I do see a lot of Family Guy and MacFarlane stingers though.

Edit: Maybe I should mention I think One Piece is fine. Although I haven't had a chance to watch it recently.

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

Zorak Masaki is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whats with all the tiny eyeballs in that picture? Hopefully that wont be the final design.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2