Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Peter Paltridge is online now Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Family Guy to kill off "major character"

Like This Thread!
    Family Guy to kill off 'major character' as Ashton Kutcher is lined up for guest role | Metro News

Make your guesses as to how broad a definition of "major character" they're applying here.

If they really have the guts to off a Griffin, then it's obviously Meg.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Rampaging through Portland soon, and on the Internet now....it's the Super Summer Issue of BANG, crammed with quality entertainment including a brand-new Mulberry story! Watch out for that tree!

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Even if Meg is offed - it won't save or improve this show for me at all.
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

defunctzombie is offline I have chortles!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Knowing them, they'll kill someone like Stewie only for it to turn out that there was a clone and he can stick around (think what they did to Harry Kim in Voyager).

Meg is too obvious, without Brian there wouldn't be a political outlet, and Peter is a definite no. Lois or Chris I could see happening.
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie

The Talon is online now Written in the Stars
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I doubt that anyone will seriously be gone from the cast forever, since this is Family Guy after all. But if it is gonna happen, it's probably gonna be Chris. Peter, Lois, Brian, & Stewie are all way too popular to actually kill off from the show for good, & Meg would be way too obvious. Chris hardly ever does anything on the show nowadays.

MadMan400096 is online now Half-Elf Maid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'd have to say Chris. Not really a notable character anymore.

SRB2Unleashed is offline Dragon Ball obsessed
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Herbert I could see getting offed

EDIT: I think it's Brian. He's a dog afterall. He can just be replaced with another political animal.
    Follow me on Twitter: @AwestruckVox

I'm gonna work at Adult Swim one day

RandomMe is offline She partied without dancing
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2Unleashed View Post
    Herbert I could see getting offed

EDIT: I think it's Brian. He's a dog afterall. He can just be replaced with another political animal.
    No, please don't kill any character from the main family.

Aquadementia is offline Mutant Snow Goons!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    There’s no knowing what they are thinking, but don’t let that stop you.

Chris and Meg are pretty useless in most episodes. Chris is great for delivering one good line then disappearing for the rest of the show.
    There’s always the chance that Green, Kunis or Borstein want to leave to do other things.

That leaves MacFarlane as half the family, and he isn’t going anywhere. Stewie is safe because getting rid of him would be stewicide for the show. You might think Peter is out of the question since he’s the title character, but if you strike him down he’ll become more powerful then you can possibly imagine. I’ve lost count of how many times he died. I’ve got to wonder how many episodes they could do with ghost dad.

But if it’s a permanent bump-off, it will probably be Brian. They’ve been hinting at him getting old, which is kind of depressing. And he is the most hated family member. Most would say it’s because of his political statements but I disagree. I think it’s because of his statements coupled with the need to immediately make him a hypocrite so they can get a joke in. That and he’s a perennial failure.
    Where it would be a shame to lose Brian is he allows MacFarlane to sing in his natural voice. I respect him for singing in character with Stewie, but he’s not half as good.

If I got to choose, I would pick Joe. He's become a collection of cripple jokes. Writers need to get some rehab because they are using that as a crutch whenever he's in a scene.

Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post
    Knowing them, they'll kill someone like Stewie only for it to turn out that there was a clone and he can stick around (think what they did to Harry Kim in Voyager).
    They did that to both Stewie and Brian last season. Although I guess we were never to mention that again.

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

stephane dumas is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What about major supporting characters like Cleveland, Quagmire, etc...? Could they bit the ones then Seth might decide to kill?

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure it's not going to be Lois or any of the characters voiced by Seth MacFarlane. Peter, Brian and Stewie are all too popular and important to the show; Family Guy couldn't survive without any of them.

My guess would either be Chris or Meg, since neither of them are very prominent on the show and both of their voice actors (Seth Green and Mila Kunis, respectively) are becoming increasingly more involved in outside projects, like acting, other TV shows, movies and so forth. Offing one of their characters would free up the actor to pursue outside interests and not disrupt the flow of the show.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast