Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Family Guy to kill off "major character"

Like This Thread!

Family Guy to kill off 'major character' as Ashton Kutcher is lined up for guest role | Metro News

Make your guesses as to how broad a definition of "major character" they're applying here.

If they really have the guts to off a Griffin, then it's obviously Meg.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Even if Meg is offed - it won't save or improve this show for me at all.
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

defunctzombie is offline Stalemate Resolution Associate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Knowing them, they'll kill someone like Stewie only for it to turn out that there was a clone and he can stick around (think what they did to Harry Kim in Voyager).

Meg is too obvious, without Brian there wouldn't be a political outlet, and Peter is a definite no. Lois or Chris I could see happening.
    LATEST ARTICLE: Samurai Jack: Beyond Nostalgia
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    "Fooooooooooolish samurai!"
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My experiences in Japan as told by comics: my tumblr <3

The Talon is offline Ooga Chaka
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I doubt that anyone will seriously be gone from the cast forever, since this is Family Guy after all. But if it is gonna happen, it's probably gonna be Chris. Peter, Lois, Brian, & Stewie are all way too popular to actually kill off from the show for good, & Meg would be way too obvious. Chris hardly ever does anything on the show nowadays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'd have to say Chris. Not really a notable character anymore.

SRB2Unleashed is offline Dragon Ball obsessed
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Herbert I could see getting offed

EDIT: I think it's Brian. He's a dog afterall. He can just be replaced with another political animal.
    Follow me on Twitter: @AwestruckVox

I'm gonna work at Adult Swim one day

RandomMe is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2Unleashed View Post
    Herbert I could see getting offed

EDIT: I think it's Brian. He's a dog afterall. He can just be replaced with another political animal.
    No, please don't kill any character from the main family.

Aquadementia is online now Mutant Snow Goons!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    There’s no knowing what they are thinking, but don’t let that stop you.

Chris and Meg are pretty useless in most episodes. Chris is great for delivering one good line then disappearing for the rest of the show.
    There’s always the chance that Green, Kunis or Borstein want to leave to do other things.

That leaves MacFarlane as half the family, and he isn’t going anywhere. Stewie is safe because getting rid of him would be stewicide for the show. You might think Peter is out of the question since he’s the title character, but if you strike him down he’ll become more powerful then you can possibly imagine. I’ve lost count of how many times he died. I’ve got to wonder how many episodes they could do with ghost dad.

But if it’s a permanent bump-off, it will probably be Brian. They’ve been hinting at him getting old, which is kind of depressing. And he is the most hated family member. Most would say it’s because of his political statements but I disagree. I think it’s because of his statements coupled with the need to immediately make him a hypocrite so they can get a joke in. That and he’s a perennial failure.
    Where it would be a shame to lose Brian is he allows MacFarlane to sing in his natural voice. I respect him for singing in character with Stewie, but he’s not half as good.

If I got to choose, I would pick Joe. He's become a collection of cripple jokes. Writers need to get some rehab because they are using that as a crutch whenever he's in a scene.

Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post
    Knowing them, they'll kill someone like Stewie only for it to turn out that there was a clone and he can stick around (think what they did to Harry Kim in Voyager).
    They did that to both Stewie and Brian last season. Although I guess we were never to mention that again.

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

stephane dumas is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What about major supporting characters like Cleveland, Quagmire, etc...? Could they bit the ones then Seth might decide to kill?

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure it's not going to be Lois or any of the characters voiced by Seth MacFarlane. Peter, Brian and Stewie are all too popular and important to the show; Family Guy couldn't survive without any of them.

My guess would either be Chris or Meg, since neither of them are very prominent on the show and both of their voice actors (Seth Green and Mila Kunis, respectively) are becoming increasingly more involved in outside projects, like acting, other TV shows, movies and so forth. Offing one of their characters would free up the actor to pursue outside interests and not disrupt the flow of the show.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

Michael24 is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Talon View Post
    I doubt that anyone will seriously be gone from the cast forever, since this is Family Guy after all.
    Well, a few seasons ago they opened with that hour-long episode where all the characters were invited to a huge mansion. A few people (including Mort's wife) were killed off by a mysterious murderer, who turned out to be Diane Simmons (who was also killed). MacFarlane confirmed on Twitter the day after that all of those deaths were cannon, and so far none of those characters have been brought back.

However, I do have a hard time believing they will kill off one of the Griffins and have it be permanent. Maybe it will turn out that Stewie has actually been his Evil Clone from that one episode all this time, biding his time, and somehow the real Stewie (who Brian shot thinking he was the clone) returns to destroy him and return to his place in the family. That would actually be pretty cool.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Currently Watching: Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Unforgettable.

Tohya is offline deficit omne quod nasciture
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stephane dumas View Post
    What about major supporting characters like Cleveland, Quagmire, etc...? Could they bit the ones then Seth might decide to kill?
    If they went that route it would def have to be Cleveland right. Quagmire seems rather untouchable while killing off Cleveland would be symbolic at this point (with the cancellation of his show). I dont think they'll touch the main cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    My guess would either be Chris or Meg, since neither of them are very prominent on the show and both of their voice actors (Seth Green and Mila Kunis, respectively) are becoming increasingly more involved in outside projects, like acting, other TV shows, movies and so forth.
    I doubt Green would want out at this point. Doesnt look like Dad's is gonna stay on the air for much longer. And I dont think Kunis is invovled in any other projects (certainly not TV).
    "If that's what it means to be wise, I guess that means I'll be fool all my life" - Naruto, after Jiraiya has told him to wise up and give up on his friend.

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The character that's gonna get killed off is one of the Griffin family members since the link says it's gonna be one of them, so it's not gonna someone like Quagmire or Joe.
    While there's a chance they'll kill of Chris that would pretty much get rid of Herbert too.
    But my guess would be one of these three Meg, Brian, or Lois.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It'd be too typical for it to be Meg, if it's a death that sticks then I'm thinking Chris. Dad's may not work out for Green but he's got Robot Chicken and some other projects.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

RandomMe is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBeast View Post
    The character that's gonna get killed off is one of the Griffin family members since the link says it's gonna be one of them, so it's not gonna someone like Quagmire or Joe.
    While there's a chance they'll kill of Chris that would pretty much get rid of Herbert too.
    But my guess would be one of these three Meg, Brian, or Lois.
    Don't kill Chris, kill Herbert!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's likely Chris, but it could maybe be Brian. Peter, Lois, Stewie and Meg are all slated to appear in the Simpson crossover in 2014. Chris and Brian aren't mentioned, but I still imagine in my head a skit of Brian trying to communicate with Santa's Little Helper(The Simpsons' dog). Since Stewie is paired up with Bart in the special, Chris can not be paired up with anyone. Chris has generally has been an underused character in recent seasons, but I still can't see ruling out the "back to life" conclusion as a possibly though.

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just remembered something about the Griffins getting a new dog so might give a clue to Brian getting killed off or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wi-fi Calcium View Post
    It's likely Chris, but it could maybe be Brian. Peter, Lois, Stewie and Meg are all slated to appear in the Simpson crossover in 2014. Chris and Brian aren't mentioned, but I still imagine in my head a skit of Brian trying to communicate with Santa's Little Helper(The Simpsons' dog). Since Stewie is paired up with Bart in the special, Chris can not be paired up with anyone. Chris has generally has been an underused character in recent seasons, but I still can't see ruling out the "back to life" conclusion as a possibly though.
    The Simpsons crossover could take place before the family kill off.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well they already killed off a bunch of recurring characters in And Then There Were Fewer.

Also didn't they already explain that they need Meg to be the center of their ridicule so the family doesn't fall apart?
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

trance2009 is online now Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They won't kill off anyone in the main cadt unless there's some fake out or means of bringing them back. This ain't Breaking Bad.

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cleveland returns to Quahog, then they kill him off immediately.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast