Quantcast
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Gatomon41 is offline Deo confidimus.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Probably not going to happen, but if they get rid of Lois it would be so amazing.
    "Truth suffers, but never dies." - Saint Teresa Of Avila

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.” - Salvor Hardin, Asimov's Foundation.

Pro vita quad spes.

RandomMe is online now Stave it off
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikun View Post
    Cleveland returns to Quahog, then they kill him off immediately.
    This may happen...

ShadowBeast is online now Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatomon41 View Post
    Probably not going to happen, but if they get rid of Lois it would be so amazing.
    Lois has become so annoying now I wouldn't mind seeing Stweie finally killing her.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomMe View Post
    This may happen...
    It could but the article says it's a Griffin family member that's getting killed.

Daffyfan2003 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've read most of the posts here and I agree with a lot of the comments. I don't think they'd go with Lois because of her role on the show and in the opening theme, etc. Like some people said either Chris or Meg would be probable and with Meg being the obvious choice, it would more likely be Chris. I don't think they'd get rid of Herbert though because he has done other things on the show besides 'hitting on' Chris, but that's possible. Again, Brian may be a possibility because of his age, but because of the role he plays on the show with his political issues and being a sidekick to Stewie, I don't know. I guess my money would be on Chris.
    Stewie: (Looking at the family in the pilot episode) What's with Meg's voice? She sounds like someone who's about to give up on a huge opportunity.

CartoonNetRulzz is offline a.k.a. BlooMac
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I also think it's going to be Chris, mostly because he doesn't have a major role in the show and he's not mentioned in The Simpsons/Family Guy crossover. (I highly doubt the crossover would take place before one of the Griffins is killed.) Brian isn't mentioned either, but he might just not have a major role in the episode, plus he's an important character in the series.

Radical is online now The Face of Evil & Sadism!!!!!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If they kill off Meg, it will be satisfying for me as much as I dislike her, but if its poor Chris, I'll miss him as much as he made me laugh sometimes and has his moments/great chemistry with Herbert when he's not a punching bag.Peter will stay since he's the funny main character/protagonist, Lois the female main protagonist/lead, and Brian/Stewie will be staying since they're really popular/important/hilarious.
    Last edited by Radical; 10-04-2013 at 03:09 AM.

ShadowBeast is online now Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    If they kill off Meg, it will be satisfying for me, but if its poor Chris, I'll miss him as much as he made me laugh sometimes and has his moments/great chemistry with Herbert when he's not a punching bag.Brian and Stewie will be staying since they're really popular/important/hilarious.Agreeing with Daffyfan2003, I hope they don't get rid of Herbert since I've enjoyed his epic moments like in German Guy/12 and a Half Angry Men besides his funny lusting Chris scenes.
    Killing off meg might be doing her a favor since the family treats her like garbage anyway.

WickedChild is offline Kissing the shadows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My money is on Brian as well. I think if they're going to do it, they're going to go all the way, and have a death that would really carry some kind of meaning. Killing Chris or Meg would likely just be shrugged off by most viewers, at least after the shock of killing a family member passes, since they're basically background characters at this point. There would be a stronger reaction if Quagmire or Joe was killed than either Chris or Meg. And if this is true, Brian would be the most logical choice. As some have mentioned, they've made a point of playing up his age recently, but he's also generally seen as the most "human" character on the show (in terms of how deeply they explore his character and beliefs, while everyone else is mostly caricature). If he's the only character on the show that they allow to display genuine emotion insight, it only follows that he would be the one to face a real death. Again, assuming that this is actually supposed to carry some meaning behind it. If it's just for shock value or easy joke fodder, all bets are off.

I know it probably won't happen, but god I would love this show so much more if they killed off Lois. She's just become the most mean, unlikable character in animation these days. But not mean in a funny way like Cartman or Bender, just mean in a *****y, annoying way.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Yeah if they are going to kill anyone I'd say it would either be Meg of Chris. See though I agree Lois can be a pretty hateful nasty character (then again so is most everyone else in Family Guy as it seems like every other joke in that series is a bitter, poison filled slam against someone else for no real good reason) she is also the only female character the creative staff have any interest in constantly using with Meg mostly as a punching bag and well every other female character not really having any significtant weight in like 90% of the plots. Besides nearly every plot involves having Lois tagalong in some form or another regardless if it's needed and I don't seem them dropping that. Peter and Stewie are really where most of the comedy in the show lie and you can't obviously get rid of that and Brian is too much of an anchor to them. Really half of what makes Stewie so "funny" is because of his dynamic with Brian so I don't see them losing that and really Brian is the only one they usually bother coming up with more new plots for as a lot of the other characters have more cycled plots. Also can you really keep saying "they keep saying he's getting too old" as a point when not only does no one in this show really age, but they've also said the same about Lois and Peter as well so it's not really a sign of him dying as much as it is just another running gag.

So who would go between Meg or Chris? Hard to say as yeah both are the least important characters and both really have little weight in the story or only like a plot or two per season, but in the end I'd say it would be Chris over Meg. Obviously the creative staff still like torturing her and would keep her around more for that and really seems like the only thing they do with Chris besides his conflict with the family occassionally (usually lately with Meg) are token "girlfirend of the week" storylines that have long since run their course. So I would say him but eh don't know how much they'd really go through with killing one of the main 6 off. Guess we'll see but for now going with Chris.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Peter Paltridge is online now It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'd be so impressed with the show if it had the guts to kill off Lois; others have mentioned she's become unlikeable, and I agree....and making Peter single would open up a whole new set of story possibilities.

Meg would be too predictable, Chris would be a letdown, and either Stewie or Peter would be suicide (plus, they can't kill a baby anyway). If they get rid of Brian, Stewie would lose his comic partner, and we'd never have another Road episode.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Why are so many TV romances so terrible? Why do writers pair up the wrong couples time and time again? This week we analyze why Love Is Hard -- and come up with a solution to make it softer!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast