Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Kyle's now a bald kid!

CartoonFridays is offline Promoted to detective.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Booooooooooorrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiing
    Young lady, I'm an expert on humans!

Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What's keeping Kyle from punching Cartman? Heck, even Token punched him after mistreating him.
    I don't mind how Cartman's a sociopah, that's his thing, but even sociopath characters like Roger from American Dad get what's coming to him every now and then. Cartman gets off scott free too many times harming and humiliating the main characters.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

WickedChild is offline Kissing the shadows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Ultra Mike View Post
    He... farts on him. A lot.
    I get what you're saying but this one didn't bother me as much as some of the other runners we've seen in recent seasons. Like the Vagisil thing in the NASCAR episode. That one got really lame quickly, but this one for some reason wasn't that bad. I think it's because it's actually on a character dynamic that's still pretty funny (even if overdone), instead of some random pop culture riff. The times where they come up with some premise to riff on a popular thing (like Lucas and Spielberg with the Indy thing - you know what I'm talking about) and run it into the ground, it's both lazy and annoying because it's like a bad SNL skit run ad nauseam. Whereas when it involves the boys, at least we're hopefully getting good character moments, which I do think we're at least getting here.

You're right though, there was a lot of potential wasted. But sadly this shouldn't be surprising anymore. Still, this one was pretty funny.

Does anyone else find it kind of disturbing that every kid in South Park has the exact same iPhone? It feels like Apple pandering, which they've done a lot of recently. I don't know why, but it feels wrong. Maybe because Apple is something SP should be mocking, not promoting. I know Apple pays to have their stuff in a lot of shows and movies, do they do that for SP as well? They couldn't at least have them have different colors or something? It just seems disturbingly conformist for a show a subversive as this. Also, how the heck does Kenny afford an iPhone?

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    What's keeping Kyle from punching Cartman? Heck, even Token punched him after mistreating him.
    I don't mind how Cartman's a sociopah, that's his thing, but even sociopath characters like Roger from American Dad get what's coming to him every now and then. Cartman gets off scott free too many times harming and humiliating the main characters.
    The same reason Schultz said Charlie Brown could never retaliate. It wouldn't be as funny.

Zipp_Rezzeppa is offline No dice, Cowboy!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally caught up with the last two episodes... They seemed to hit on something with their broadway musical... Maybe they should wrap up South Park and just concentrate on that.

Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 17.7(Episode 243): "Black Friday"

A new episode airs tonight at 10 PM Eastern. Here is the synopsis:

The boys try to figure out how to beat the rush at the mall for deals on gaming systems.

Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    80% off for the first 20 people?!
    Man, if that happened in real life, people would seriously get killed.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, Stick of Truth returns.

LordTerminal is offline The old-school DK is back!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They're in the LoTR garb again. Stick of Truth advertising mayhaps?

As a gamer, this hits way too close to home for me. Makes me glad to stick w/ the WiiU. All the good stuff on XBoxOne and PS4 aren't even launch titles.

"Sony people don't think with logic." - Thank you Eric Cartman for saying what I've been saying since 2007.

I'm getting Dead Rising flashbacks. Funny considering DR3 is an XBone lauch title.

I'm surprised it's Sony being depicted as the dying breed and not Nintendo.

"You know what you get when you preorder a game?" Again, Eric Cartman knows his gaming industry.

I find it ironic that he's dressed like Zelda yet supporting an army of Sony fanboys.

Uh oh, this is the annual two-parter this season.

I think it's obvious that if the next console war happens to act just like this in real life, Nintendo will win because Sony and Microsoft are too busy trying to have their fanboys kill each other to actually effectively run a video game company. Sadly how the industry works in real life is far more wrist slittingly depressing.
    Last edited by LordTerminal; 11-13-2013 at 10:33 PM.
    If anyone comes up and asks "Are you a spy?" just say "Yes! Can't you read? But I'm undercover!" - Don Patch

He who is tired of Weird Al, is tired of life. - Homer Simpson