Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    TheBombFunn is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Where the heck is Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends?!?!?

Silverstar is online now Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why are Drawn Together and Iron Man: Armored Adventures on this list at all? Yeah, they had fans, but were either of these shows really that significant, enduring or groundbreaking? Other shows like Bob's Burgers and Gravity Falls are just too new, especially to be placed on the same list as iconic shows like The Flintstones, Rocky & Bullwinkle and Looney Tunes.

Ideally, TV Guide should place these shows on separate categories, like by era, rather than lumping them all together solely on the criteria of "this is popular", "this is hot right now" and "we, the editors, like this one".

It's like Homer Simpson said in "Bart VS Thanksgiving", "If you just put every flash-in-the pan cartoon in there, you turn the whole (thing) into a farce." Yeah, the list Darklordaviator linked to is better.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What no Gary Coleman show, that is it, this list is tainted.

Now seriously, I don't know if I put Looney Toons on the list, as this list is only basing it on the 60's made of tv shorts, and not the classic 40's and 50's shorts, no offence but the quality is subpar compared to its glory years.

I am glad Avatar: The Last Airbender and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic made it, I am surprised but in the good way Jem and the Holograms made it, it is nice for it to finally get some recognition.

I am disappointed non of the classic Disney cartoons like Ducktales, Gummi Bears made the list, and this list had a anti anime bias, I don't expect the great animes like Fullmetal Alchemist to make it, but mainstream shows like Pokemon, Speed Racer, and Sailor Moon of the list?

No list is perfect, there is always going to be complants.

Aquadementia is online now Mutant Snow Goons!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's a rather thrown together list. After the first 10 it seems like they had trouble thinking of 50 more. I gave it a second look to see if they were all cartoons and they didn't have "Everybody Loves Raymond" snuck in there.

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

Corwin Haught is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomMe View Post
    Also, I want to see... where did they actually place Adventure Time. 30th place, maybe?
    Everything past the top 10 is unranked.

dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Arthur, Tiny Toon Adventures, and T.U.F.F. Puppy didn't make the Top 60!

Golfkid is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dth1971 View Post
    I agree about Aurthur. It's been around since about when Pokemon started and people know Arthur by the books as well.
    My Fanfiction Profile:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2405635/amk8930
    Learning About Love and Each Other: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7932061/...and_Each_Other
    Sorry if you don't like the stories I write.

Playstation 3/Wii username: amk8930

Mark_Kochan is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well good to see Daria, Avatar and so forth on it.

I'd have to say that Family Guy wouldn't have been on my list, not because it isn't something I have watched, I have watched it, but because I wouldn't consider it groundbreaking or... timeless? enough.

Iron Man didn't seem that great to me, but then again superhero cartoons are their own genre altogether, like with anime or 'adult cartoons' like Family Guy.

It is good to see Phineas and Ferb on the list. But overall I think it is a so-so list. Then again how can anyone list the 'best cartoons of all time'? How do you measure their worth? Popularity? Endurance over time? Likeable/famous characters? This list seems fairly pointless.

ShadowBeast is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm seeing shows that shouldn't even be in the top 100, I mean Iron Man: armored adventures really?
    This list looks very poorly done and whoever made this just put in a bunch old cartoons and grabbed a few new ones so no one's the wiser.

Quote Originally Posted by dth1971 View Post
    Of course TUFF Puppy didn't make the list, it had potential but could never reach it.
    Tiny Toons while a great cartoon was pretty much a next generation of Looney Tunes characters which sadly leaves it in it's shadow.

The ShopSoldier is online now DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This list fails. Royally and stupendously!

None of those shows on the top are even that memorable anymore, IMHO - also, any list having Spongebob in a top position below classy fare like Regular Show and Adventure Time, as well as MLP : FIM deserves to topple on its butt. Royally. Also (IMHO), any list NOT having LPS (2012) and Pound Puppies (2010) at least as honorable mentions DEFINITELY ain't worth the time of day for me - they at least deserve that much for being decent alternatives to FiM for me!

And though I'm not a huge fan of anime in general today, there are plenty of timeless classics that could be on top, as well - by that, I mean Top 20 to even Top 10 fare.

And, as someone who did thoroughly enjoy Iron Man: Armored Adventures for being something a it different from the usual stuff for him, I know it ain't that good or worthy of such nonsensical praise. Nor is anything that's still running on Fox!

The End.
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast