Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley
    Yeah, I gotta say, I'm not thrilled with the addition of Penny. She seems there to fit the role of love interest, which apparently is something no animated movie can do without.
    I don't think Penny's primary function is so much a love interest as it is for the film to have a female character that the girls in the audience can identify with/relate to. If the movie were just 2 guys running around having adventures, it might affect box office sales. If she hadn't been added, there would be people complaining about the movie not having any female characters, so I can live with Penny, just so long as the shippyness isn't overdone. I do like how Penny has 2 parents and her mom is a total TMILF (Toon MILF).
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

kid rabbit is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    film brain on thatguywithglasses.com gave it a good review and I hear penny and Sherman are just hinted at but never officially get together
    so good news for anyone who was worried about that

TenPoundHammer is offline Wanna be on Wheel of Fortune
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "...and in his spare time he invented the fist bump, planking, Auto-Tune, the backside ollie, and zumba." I admit I lol'd.
    My Twitter

We'll leave the light on for you.

http://tehshigelisok.deviantart.com/

Lonestarr is offline Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My main concern is the...how to be diplomatic about this?...modernization of the humor. The 'escape from the Sphinx' gag had me facepalming.

That aside, the film does look decent. As long as it ends with Mr. Peabody firing off a cheesy pun, I'll be relatively satisfied.
    I feel that a big problem with today's society is that we don't listen to our fellow man -- especially when I'm talking.
    "Never be afraid to borrow from those wiser than yourself." - Mr. Jimmy (voice of David Arquette) on "Pelswick"
    "What do I care what some yahoo like Lonestarr posts on the internet?" - President Skroob (voice of Mel Brooks) on "Spaceballs: the Series"
    Links in a chain: DeviantArt | Fanfiction.net | Mr. Cellophane

Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am thinking that I am going to have to wait for the reviews on that one. The trailer that had Mr. Peabody doing zumba had me practically gagging, but the international trailer looked alright. In either case I doubt that this is going to be much better than a second run theater kind of movie for me.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors

CoolEric158 is offline Sibling Rivalry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Speaking of reviews, apparently Mr. Peabody & Sherman has gotten some strong praise from the European audiences. Nothing Lego Movie, but still strong.
    Mr. Peabody & Sherman - Rotten Tomatoes
    Thinking of something to write down.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4