Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The ShopSoldier is online now DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I'm waiting for the reviews on this one - if only because Dreamworks could use a good film to start the year off with if we must have one from them at all.
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I want this film to do SO well. I hate seeing these recent reboots get such bad reviews.
    I'm a Writer, first. THEN I'm an artist.

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It doesn't really have the level of glitz and gloss you'd expect. Looks barely above the level of a DTV. That's probably why it's being burned off in March instead of getting a summer tent pole spot,
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

The ShopSoldier is online now DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darissa Townes View Post
    I want this film to do SO well. I hate seeing these recent reboots get such bad reviews.
    They'd do well if there was more heart, blood, sweat, and tears put into these things - Barely anybody likes remakes/reboots as it is, sadly.

It's hard to get one's hopes up over these things. THAT I know for a fact. And from personal experience(s) (especially as of recent)...

However, I do understand where you are coming from with so much negativity in the media - that's the internet for you, unfortunately.
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

trance2009 is online now Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do think they nailed how goofy the historical figures acted on the show.

Gorbash is offline Munchings & Crunchings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did they really have to bring a love interest into the story? That just screams of cliche.
    Who needs a signature when you have a floating head? I do!

There's a presentation about being stupid down by the way, you should check it out if you know what you're doing.

ShadowBlinky is online now West Combo of Scooby & Scrappy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash View Post
    Did they really have to bring a love interest into the story? That just screams of cliche.
    THANK you. I'm actually rather disappointed about that.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Seems like the love interest drives the plot and convinces Sherman to misbehave, something he'd not ordinarily do. Might be a pretty conflict-free movie, on the Sherman and Peabody side, without her. Also unrelentingly male, which might hurt it at the box office.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Gorbash is offline Munchings & Crunchings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Seems like the love interest drives the plot and convinces Sherman to misbehave, something he'd not ordinarily do. Might be a pretty conflict-free movie, on the Sherman and Peabody side, without her. Also unrelentingly male, which might hurt it at the box office.
    There's gotta be other ways to do that. They could try a relationship story between Peabody and Sherman with Sherman causing the mischief on his own.

It's just seems so safe to use a love interest to drive the plot. Even if it is done well, it just is safe. If Merida could cause trouble without a love interest then so could Sherman.
    Who needs a signature when you have a floating head? I do!

There's a presentation about being stupid down by the way, you should check it out if you know what you're doing.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash View Post
    There's gotta be other ways to do that. They could try a relationship story between Peabody and Sherman with Sherman causing the mischief on his own.

It's just seems so safe to use a love interest to drive the plot. Even if it is done well, it just is safe. If Merida could cause trouble without a love interest then so could Sherman.
    Sherman is a well-trained pet boy, though. He's not a Bart Simpson type that would misbehave for no reason. You'd have to come up with another believable reason to drive conflict.

And there's still the girl element. They need to get a female character in there somewhere, if they didn't do it this way they'd have picked one up in the past.

I'm very humble, too.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast