Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Robochao is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Speedy View Post
    Side question: Which division of Rainbow Animation Group was used for Sonic? From what I understand, they had branches in South Korea, China, and the Philippines.
    I did some excavating on the other overseas animation supervisors and Terry Pike's LinkedIn profile says this.

[top]Overseas Supervisor

[top]DIC Enterprises
    March 1993 – May 1994 (1 year 3 months)SeoulSupervised layouts and animation on Emmy nominated first season of "Where On Earth Is Carmen Sandiego?" and "Sonic the Hedgehog" at Point Production.

Wow, the credits don't mention these guys. Point Production is credited on another DiC show, "Stunt Dawgs" along with Rainbow. Could be an earlier studio name. These credits were crammed together probably to make syndication easier so now that I'm seeing this that means there's even more to discover about this show. "Close Encounter Of The Sonic Kind" for example doesn't look like Rainbow, Hong Ying, Saerom, or TMS. Amazing stuff.

Last edited by Robochao; 02-21-2014 at 06:11 PM. Reason: qqq

Philmister978 is offline Alvight, you vin NTCreature Champion NTCreature2 Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robochao View Post
    I did some excavating on the other overseas animation supervisors and Terry Pike's LinkedIn profile says this.

[top]Overseas Supervisor

[top]DIC Enterprises
    March 1993 – May 1994 (1 year 3 months)SeoulSupervised layouts and animation on Emmy nominated first season of "Where On Earth Is Carmen Sandiego?" and "Sonic the Hedgehog" at Point Production.

Wow, the credits don't mention these guys. Point Production is credited on another DiC show, "Stunt Dawgs" along with Rainbow. Could be an earlier studio name. These credits were crammed together probably to make syndication easier so now that I'm seeing this that means there's even more to discover about this show. "Close Encounter Of The Sonic Kind" for example doesn't look like Rainbow, Hong Ying, Saerom, or TMS. Amazing stuff.

This is news to me. Color me surprised.
    Aw come on, you expect me to put something witty here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philmister978 View Post
    I can kinda see it. But at the same time, I get where you're going with it.

As for the episode, that's "Super Robotnik". They also handled the "Quest For The Chaos Emeralds" four-parter.

As for Rainbow, Hong Ying and Saerom's episodes. To hell if I know. DiC also did this on Inspector Gadget, Dennis the Menace, Stunt Dawgs and Street Sharks after the initial episodes.
    I'm sure those other three studios are hard to tell apart anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Speedy View Post
    So "Super Robotnik" and the four-parter are the only episodes in the series that are obviously animated by TMS? That's a darn shame; they should've done more.
    For a studio, I'm sure they were more pricier. I just can't see DiC buckle down that hard to use them a lot.
    FREE CARTOONS ARE A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2