Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast
    DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    I'd be fine if Slam doesn't come back anytime soon since I like the current lineup, but that isn't going to happen. I could see them replacing JLU with Slam after it finishes its run. Sonic X is a possibility too, but that might take a bit longer to finish the rest of the Metarex saga.
    I'm not a huge wrestling/WWE/Slam fan either, but I think it was confirmed a few pages back that Slam is getting a season 2, so it will be back on the lineup. The only reason it's not on now is because WWE and reruns usually don't mix well, so WWE likely told Saban not to rerun it.

EDIT: Yep, right there on the site, it says, "New season: Coming soon!" WWE Saturday Morning Slam | Vortexx on the CW

Ryan Neely is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSong View Post
    EDIT: Yep, right there on the site, it says, "New season: Coming soon!" WWE Saturday Morning Slam | Vortexx on the CW
    Old news.

Sunnydee is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They also have to add Digimon Fusion this fall which I assumed would take JLU's place.

To be honest, I could do without Digimon and Slam. Like Light Lucario, I like the current line up. Although I haven't been watching Sonic X so I'd be okay if something new came in at 8 am.

MadMan400096 is offline Half-Elf Maid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    I'd be fine if Slam doesn't come back anytime soon since I like the current lineup, but that isn't going to happen. I could see them replacing JLU with Slam after it finishes its run. Sonic X is a possibility too, but that might take a bit longer to finish the rest of the Metarex saga.
    My problem is that they appear to be delaying the inevitable, both with Slam returning and JLU leaving. Though with PR:LG possibly coming back as well (it's under "Episodes on Vortexx", while everything else not currently running is under "Episodes on MyVortexx.com"), I guess it could be possible to boot the DM rerun as well, and possibly put Sonic X as a lead in for ZeXal, which will probably need all the help it can get right now, since it's college football season, and the 11 AM hour is the most liable to be replaced (though it's usually rescheduled), and reruns for an even older series of a franchise that's been dead in the water for years probably won't help, even if it's the most popular.

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Neely View Post
    Somebody made this... https://www.youtube.com/user/bdamanofficial/videos. Also the episodes have been taken off the other BDC channel
    I made that Youtube channel to prove how easy it is to fake these things. Since then, B-Daman Crossfire has been confirmed to air on YTV in Canada.

That other channel has received copyright claims from Vortexx Entertainment Ventures LLC, pretty much ending any doubt on its official status:

I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan400096 View Post
    I guess it could be possible to boot the DM rerun as well, and possibly put Sonic X as a lead in for ZeXal, which will probably need all the help it can get right now, since it's college football season, and the 11 AM hour is the most liable to be replaced (though it's usually rescheduled), and reruns for an even older series of a franchise that's been dead in the water for years probably won't help, even if it's the most popular.
    Contractual obligations to Konami prevent them from disrupting the Yu-Gi-Oh hour. They probably couldn't remove DM even if they wanted to.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 7/21 - Macross: Do You Remember Love?)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

MadMan400096 is offline Half-Elf Maid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    Contractual obligations to Konami prevent them from disrupting the Yu-Gi-Oh hour. They probably couldn't remove DM even if they wanted to.
    It's possible that the contract only guarantees that The CW will be the only home for new episodes of the franchise. The deal for the hour was probably only for the first year of Vortexx, and we're now in Season 2. Besides, it's airing on Nicktoons, so I doubt Konami would mind too much.

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nicktoons isn't in a tonne of homes.

Speaking of which, that kind of rules out any hope of new Power Rangers shows on The Hub. Not only would that clash with the fact that it's a Hasbro owned channel promoting Bandai toys, but Hasbro Studios is putting stuff on Vortexx because The Hub's just not in as many homes as they'd like. I suspect the reason why Kaijudo hasn't been picked up yet is because it pulls abysmal numbers on The Hub, which is honestly pretty sad.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    They also have to add Digimon Fusion this fall which I assumed would take JLU's place.

To be honest, I could do without Digimon and Slam. Like Light Lucario, I like the current line up. Although I haven't been watching Sonic X so I'd be okay if something new came in at 8 am.
    I wouldn't mind Digimon joining the lineup, but I could do without Slam. I knew that it was already returning at some point with a new season, but I'm not a wrestling fan and the current lineup generally works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMan400096
    My problem is that they appear to be delaying the inevitable, both with Slam returning and JLU leaving. Though with PR:LG possibly coming back as well (it's under "Episodes on Vortexx", while everything else not currently running is under "Episodes on MyVortexx.com"), I guess it could be possible to boot the DM rerun as well, and possibly put Sonic X as a lead in for ZeXal, which will probably need all the help it can get right now, since it's college football season, and the 11 AM hour is the most liable to be replaced (though it's usually rescheduled), and reruns for an even older series of a franchise that's been dead in the water for years probably won't help, even if it's the most popular.
    I doubt that they'll get rid of the DM rerun. They're obligated to air an hour of Yu-Gi-Oh! due to their agreement with Konami. They might be able to replace DM with a rerun of another series or a new episode of Zexal, but I doubt that they could replace it with another non-Yu-Gi-Oh! series. It's not a good timeslot and it isn't getting great ratings, neither are new episodes of Zexal for that matter, but it isn't going to be replaced. I also wouldn't consider the franchise dead in the water. It certainly hasn't been that popular, especially the anime spin-off series, but it still produces new anime, new manga, new cards and is re-releasing the DM series on DVD and Blu-Ray. It isn't popular, especially the anime, but I wouldn't say that it's dead in the water exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMan400096
    It's possible that the contract only guarantees that The CW will be the only home for new episodes of the franchise. The deal for the hour was probably only for the first year of Vortexx, and we're now in Season 2. Besides, it's airing on Nicktoons, so I doubt Konami would mind too much.
    I don't know if there's anything in the contract, that we've read anyway, that indicates that the hour deal was only for the first year of the Vortexx. While it's true that the series is airing on Nicktoons, it isn't in a lot of homes. If it was airing on Nick, then maybe Konami would be fine would be more okay with that, but I'd doubt that they'd be fine with DM getting that little exposure.

Sonic_Eclipse is offline Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan400096 View Post
    I thought Vortexx was obligated to dedicate an hour of its programming to Yu-Gi-Oh! as mandated by the Konami agreement, which expires in 2015. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly.