Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1008
    Ryan Neely is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks View Post
    I know right?

Also, its weird that the Middle East had no problems with CrossFight B-Daman (The Show's uncut form) Natsumi's short skirt. Maybe they edited it on their own...
    What's so bad about a short skirt? Does it really need to be censored? It's not like I care, but it's weird how they have to do that on the CW.

aegisrawks is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I dont care either, but in the Middle East, short skirts are a no-no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A friend contacted Vortexx and they said that if they get enough money for licensing shows and the time slots they Might try to get Vortexx on Weekdays!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A friend contacted Vortexx and they said that if they get enough money for licensing shows and the time slots they Might try to get Vortexx on Weekdays!
    Better hope Vortexx grows on the kids, then!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Or that they get lots of funding from Toy Sales. Or ratings if they dont get Toy Money.

Ryan Neely is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That would be awesome sauce to the tenth power.

FidgitStyles is offline Gun can't help it if it moves.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Going weekdays was how Fox Kid's became a major player. That and their partnership with Warner Bros. Say what you want, but it was Tiny Toons and Batman the Animated Series that put that network on the map, not Power Rangers. Power Rangers was the icing on top of Fox Kid's cake.

What will help them is their choice of programs. They need episodes that have 52 episodes or more, and unfortunately I can think of 4 that are currently airing on the block. Three of which used to be owned by 4Kid's, and Dragonball Z Kai. Then there is the E/I programming mandate. They could show a Digimon series.

I would love to see Tamers again but, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of the main Digimon a little trigger happy when he Digivolves in that series?
    Drive-ins will vanish if they don’t go digital by Dec 31. RT and help #savethedrivein – http://projectdrivein.com

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FidgitStyles View Post
    I would love to see Tamers again but, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of the main Digimon a little trigger happy when he Digivolves in that series?
    Tamers being on the air again would be great, but it would have to be edited down a bit more. That dub got away with a lot of stuff on Fox back in the day and I could see a good chuck of things in the dub not flying with the CW's standards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FidgitStyles View Post
    Going weekdays was how Fox Kid's became a major player. That and their partnership with Warner Bros. Say what you want, but it was Tiny Toons and Batman the Animated Series that put that network on the map, not Power Rangers. Power Rangers was the icing on top of Fox Kid's cake.

What will help them is their choice of programs. They need episodes that have 52 episodes or more, and unfortunately I can think of 4 that are currently airing on the block. Three of which used to be owned by 4Kid's, and Dragonball Z Kai. Then there is the E/I programming mandate. They could show a Digimon series.

Yup and Animaniacs. Margaret Loesch also Credits X-Men.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, so now that we're reaching the last 10 post before the big 1K, let's decide on a name. So far we have "The Digital World Still Awaits" from FidgitStyles, "Searching for Traction" from gmster, and my own "Quest for Ratings". Any more suggestions or votes for one of these three (assuming I got the count right)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Pittsburgh Press - Google News Archive Search

This is an article that explains the deal Fox Kids had with affiliates that aired its shows!

Oh and the "Quest For Ratings" does seem more appropiate now. Although the "The Digital World Still Awaits" from FidgitStyles is funnier!

gmster is offline Delicious.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A weekday block on CW isn't going to happen. For one, they've renewed Bill Cunningham through Spring 2015.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    True... Still its nice to see that they are interested in one.

Also, what title do you want for the new thread gmster?

Sonic_Eclipse is offline Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Its highly unlikely that Vortexx will ever expand to weekdays. One of the reasons why Fox and WB dropped their weekday line-ups was because the affiliates wanted that time back.

Ratings would have to have a substantial increase for Saban to even be able to convince The CW to go for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic_Eclipse View Post
    Ratings would have to have a substantial increase for Saban to even be able to convince The CW to go for it.
    It'll take more than ratings. Giving up time to the network means giving up local ad time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gmster View Post
    A weekday block on CW isn't going to happen. For one, they've renewed Bill Cunningham through Spring 2015.
    *Looks up the info* Aw. Well, it could be possible to move it to an earlier timeslot (WPIX, WGN, and WCCB already do so). I doubt anyone outside of the major markets is watching any...oh.

Still, even if the affiliates don't go for it, it would help the SatAM ratings. Aside from the article above, I read another article about PBS Kids that said its shows have become rather popular not only with prechoolers, but older kids as well, no doubt helped by a weekday placement. I don't know how much weight this argument carries, though, due to the conspicuous differences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd understand it if they wanted to air "The Big Bang Theory" in Syndication, but that "Bill Cunningham" isnt that much of a ratings winner. With Vortexx, they'd have toy and merch money on top of ad revenue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd understand it if they wanted to air "The Big Bang Theory" in Syndication, but that "Bill Cunningham" isnt that much of a ratings winner. With Vortexx, they'd have toy and merch money on top of ad revenue.
    Bill Cunningham is a time slot winner in the top markets. It's also produced by Tribune, CW's major affiliate artery. That's enough pull to keep it where it is.

I have yet to see any evidence that CW gets merchandise revenue from Saban. Even if they did, the affiliates don't see any of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh ok, then you right.

Sigh.

FidgitStyles is offline Gun can't help it if it moves.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan400096 View Post
    I read another article about PBS Kids that said its shows have become rather popular not only with prechoolers, but older kids as well, no doubt helped by a weekday placement. I don't know how much weight this argument carries, though, due to the conspicuous differences.
    I would say PBS Kid's have kind of a strong line-up in the what used to be PBS Kids Go! hours (Cyber Chase, Aurther, Wordgirl, and Wild Kratts). Especially since they all still show new episodes during weekdays. Ah, public funding or as the internet calls it, crowd funding. And government funding. I do miss Fetch with Ruff Ruffman. That was fun to watch.
    Drive-ins will vanish if they don’t go digital by Dec 31. RT and help #savethedrivein – http://projectdrivein.com

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast