Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    TenPoundHammer is offline Wanna be on Wheel of Fortune
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

^ Michigan. I rarely watched anything other than Nickelodeon until 2000, so I don't know what reran where when.
    My Twitter

We'll leave the light on for you.

http://tehshigelisok.deviantart.com/

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, it may have still been on TV at that point. Possibly on the former Fox Family Channel (now ABC Family).
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Dr.Pepper is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is this kind of just a general question thread now? If so I have something that has been stumping me for years:
    I remember it was a TV special and I am 99% positive it was on Disney Channel around 1996 or 1997. I remember one segment was stop motion animated where a girl was in the city with her grandpa. I think she ended up being separated from him and made a statement like "Everybody here looks the same!". Then somehow that statement was taken literally or she had some sort of dream/vision that everyone in the city had her grandpa's face. Another segment (which was traditionally animated) featured a heavy set Black guy (I don't know if he was supposed to be a caricature of somebody or not). I remember he was wearing a purple shirt, sunglasses and either a sideways baseball cap or a du rag. He sang a rap song about how people are diverse and his back up singers were green parrots dressed similar to him. I really want to say that the special was called "People", but I just don't know. It is also very possible that these two segments were from different TV specials from the same era.
    Quote Originally Posted by TenPoundHammer View Post
    What cartoons from about 1998-99 would've had cavemen in them? I remember seeing something at a friend's house once that had a couple cavemen, and one of them was burping.
    Was it maybe Cro? I am not that familiar with the series but it did have cavemen in it. I think reruns would of been airing on Noggin at that time.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors

DW AuZumzaq is offline DISABILITY WITHOUT PITY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Pepper View Post
    Is this kind of just a general question thread now? If so I have something that has been stumping me for years:
    I remember it was a TV special and I am 99% positive it was on Disney Channel around 1996 or 1997. I remember one segment was stop motion animated where a girl was in the city with her grandpa. I think she ended up being separated from him and made a statement like "Everybody here looks the same!". Then somehow that statement was taken literally or she had some sort of dream/vision that everyone in the city had her grandpa's face. Another segment (which was traditionally animated) featured a heavy set Black guy (I don't know if he was supposed to be a caricature of somebody or not). I remember he was wearing a purple shirt, sunglasses and either a sideways baseball cap or a du rag. He sang a rap song about how people are diverse and his back up singers were green parrots dressed similar to him. I really want to say that the special was called "People", but I just don't know. It is also very possible that these two segments were from different TV specials from the same era.

"People" is exactly what it was titled. Its other title: "People: A Musical Celebration". I, too, remember viewing this.

For some info:

THE DISNEY CHANNEL ANNOUNCES 14 NEW PROGRAMS - Free Online Library

People: A Musical Celebration (People) (1995) Animated Cartoon Special
    "Yes, I'm GUILTY of LIKING, LOVING and RESPECTING BROADS, and there's NOT A JURY IN THE WORLD that would CONVICT ME."

TenPoundHammer is offline Wanna be on Wheel of Fortune
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This would be a good idea — put all the "What was that cartoon?" questions in one thread. Someone wanna ping a mod and ask them to sticky this thread?

Was it maybe Cro? I am not that familiar with the series but it did have cavemen in it. I think reruns would of been airing on Noggin at that time.
    The visual style of Eek! and the Terrible Thunder Lizards seems to match more closely to what I remember seeing. Also, I'm almost certain it was from 1998 and not 1999, and Noggin didn't exist until 1999. (And even then, I don't think our cable company would've picked it up so fast. I don't remember having even so much as Cartoon Network until about 1999.)
    My Twitter

We'll leave the light on for you.

http://tehshigelisok.deviantart.com/

RandomMe is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It should be possible. Looking for this old cartoon should merge all the other old threads with this genre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spiritual M View Post
    [/FONT]

"People" is exactly what it was titled. Its other title: "People: A Musical Celebration". I, too, remember viewing this.

For some info:

THE DISNEY CHANNEL ANNOUNCES 14 NEW PROGRAMS - Free Online Library

People: A Musical Celebration (People) (1995) Animated Cartoon Special
    Thank you! You were a tremendous help. I remember starting up a thread asking about this program in 2008, and got zero replies. I was starting to think that I just dreamed the thing up.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I don't want to open a new thread, so I'll ask it here. Does somebody know who this cat is?

The picture is not very clear, but it's from an Cartoon Network City-bumper that aired in Europe. (You can find a Polish one here, at 00:05)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^That looks like either Sylvester or the cat from Tiny Toons (sorry I forgot his name).

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Arrow :D View Post
    I don't want to open a new thread, so I'll ask it here. Does somebody know who this cat is?

The picture is not very clear, but it's from an Cartoon Network City-bumper that aired in Europe. (You can find a Polish one here, at 00:05)
    Furrball from TTA. The cat on the picture doesn't have a red nose, but a black one.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    It's already found in another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleoman
    Well, acording to me the cat on this picture isn't even a cat but Courage the Cowardly Dog (they put a clipart of scared Courage on a black (?) background with gray letters).
    (He meant this clipart)

However, this isn't the first time CN Europe messed with a character

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    There was this cartoon which aired on RTP 2 over here (or on HBO Family (I guess) in the states) about a girl who lived in a pink hotel. The girl's name was something along the lines of Sandra. Even my mom watched an episode of it. (That was six years ago. In my country.)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Founded: Eloise: The Animated Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It aired on Starz Kids & Family and it's called Sou a Luisa in Portuguese.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Arrow :D View Post
    Founded: Eloise: The Animated Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It aired on Starz Kids & Family and it's called Sou a Luisa in Portuguese.
    Sou a Luísa... likewise stated, even my mom watched an episode of this in the fall of 2007.
    By the way, you can watch episodes of this on the internet! The episodes I found on YouTube work in Portugal!
    It aired at around 12:30 on RTP 2.

Rick Jones is online now Crazy Marvel Love
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomMe View Post
    Sou a Luísa... likewise stated, even my mom watched an episode of this in the fall of 2007.
    By the way, you can watch episodes of this on the internet! The episodes I found on YouTube work in Portugal!
    It aired at around 12:30 on RTP 2.
    I liked the series a lot when I saw it on Starz. I think it should still be available on Netflix here.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finally figured out the name of the other animated film I was looking for it was called The Adventures of Robin Hoodnik it was produced by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera, I was looking through clips on youtube and I recognized the scenes I described.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2