Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Nightwing26 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Rumour: New Sonic TV Series "Sonic Boom?"

Like This Thread!
    "SONIC SEZ FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC!!" Sorry, I thought that was just too good to ignore, it's a direct quote from TSSZNEWS: http://www.tssznews.com/2013/06/15/s...-boom-cartoon/.

While TSSZ doesn't have the greatest track record, they have been correct once or twice beforehand, and besides that's not what I'm here to talk about.

So, this show is apparently being worked on by the same writer as one who worked on MLP: FIM, and this show would star on Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy and focus in comedy. So my question is: Would you want a new Sonic tv series? If so, were you expecting something more like Sonic X, an anime? Or maybe CG or traditional animation? Did you want a Sonic X revival or continuation? Did you want something akin to the more recent games like Unleashed, Colours, Generations, and the upcoming Lost World? Or maybe something like the comics done by Archie, whether you wanted to start from the beginning or from the current events that started from Genesis? How do you feel about comedy and the possible friendship morals? Okay, that wasn't all one question but still, I wanted to ask them all.

Anyways, just saying, wouldn't it be awesome if (almost certain it won't happen), Sega were to get the rights for all Mario and Nintendo characters and do an arc about the previous three Mario & Sonic games and the upcoming Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games; as well as getting Capcom's rights to Megaman to first adapt the current comic storyline that's a crossover between Sonic and Megaman, and then lead-in to an arc that combines both SSBBrawl and the new SSB for Wii U and 3DS, would that not be the most awesome thing ever? Either way, I hope Sonic, Mario, and Megaman get to team up in the upcoming game, although that can be discussed in that thread.

So, thoughts?

gmster is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It would be very fitting if Saban grabbed this to air on Vortexx. If it's anything better than that god-awful Sonic X, then I'd welcome it.

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gmster View Post
    It would be very fitting if Saban grabbed this to air on Vortexx. If it's anything better than that god-awful Sonic X, then I'd welcome it.
    All I can say to that is... This... Oh GOD, THIS!

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The article only mentions that they got it from "a source". IMHO, that's not really good enough.

However, assuming it was true, I would hope it isn't too comedy based (i.e., to the point of being nothing more than MLP:FiM with Sonic characters, or worse yet, another generic "sitcom" style series). Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is also comedy based, but even that show isn't just about comedy. In any case, I get the feeling that if it focuses on just comedy (including, but not limited to, just using the fact that it's based on the video games as part of just another short term, spur-of-the-moment joke followed by a punchline, to the point of even just being another parody of an established franchise), then it wouldn't really do the video games justice (just like how FiM doesn't do the now-31 year old MLP franchise justice...except when it does; long story, plus, I'm just saying). The point is, there needs to be some action and adventure too.

At any rate, I think we should wait for more direct confirmation before we draw any conclusions, because at this point, it really does appear to just be rumor and speculation.
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandouga View Post
    The article only mentions that they got it from "a source". IMHO, that's not really good enough.

However, assuming it was true, I would hope it isn't too comedy based (i.e., to the point of being nothing more than MLP:FiM with Sonic characters, or worse yet, another generic "sitcom" style series). Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is also comedy based, but even that show isn't just about comedy. In any case, I get the feeling that if it focuses on just comedy (including, but not limited to, just using the fact that it's based on the video games as part of just another short term, spur-of-the-moment joke followed by a punchline, to the point of even just being another parody of an established franchise), then it wouldn't really do the video games justice (just like how FiM doesn't do the now-31 year old MLP franchise justice...except when it does; long story, plus, I'm just saying). The point is, there needs to be some action and adventure too.

At any rate, I think we should wait for more direct confirmation before we draw any conclusions, because at this point, it really does appear to just be rumor and speculation.
    Ummmm.... That's kinda what I was saying. I said that's what they "say" the show might be like, I never said that I think it's true, I was asking what others thought about the premise, which you did contribute to. Also, my questions regarding he games and comics is not about this show, I was asking if anyone wanted that in their ideal Sonic show.

The Master C is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let the Saban/Disney bloodbath over who gets this show begin!!!

dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I hope Sonic Boom has the forthcoming new version Sally Acorn in it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dth1971 View Post
    I hope Sonic Boom has the forthcoming new version Sally Acorn in it!
    Has she been unrobotized yet? I don't really keep up withy he comics, so I don't know her role in the current Megaman crossover arc.

dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing26 View Post
    Has she been unrobotized yet? I don't really keep up withy he comics, so I don't know her role in the current Megaman crossover arc.
    You will find out in Sonic the Hedgehog issue #252 when Archie comics releases it in a few months.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dth1971 View Post
    You will find out in Sonic the Hedgehog issue #252 when Archie comics releases it in a few months.
    Oh alright I should actually pick up the issues leading up to the crossover as well as the ones before it and after Genesis. Thanks, btw!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast