Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Nightwing26 is online now Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Rumour: New Sonic TV Series "Sonic Boom?"

Like This Thread!

"SONIC SEZ FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC!!" Sorry, I thought that was just too good to ignore, it's a direct quote from TSSZNEWS: http://www.tssznews.com/2013/06/15/s...-boom-cartoon/.

While TSSZ doesn't have the greatest track record, they have been correct once or twice beforehand, and besides that's not what I'm here to talk about.

So, this show is apparently being worked on by the same writer as one who worked on MLP: FIM, and this show would star on Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy and focus in comedy. So my question is: Would you want a new Sonic tv series? If so, were you expecting something more like Sonic X, an anime? Or maybe CG or traditional animation? Did you want a Sonic X revival or continuation? Did you want something akin to the more recent games like Unleashed, Colours, Generations, and the upcoming Lost World? Or maybe something like the comics done by Archie, whether you wanted to start from the beginning or from the current events that started from Genesis? How do you feel about comedy and the possible friendship morals? Okay, that wasn't all one question but still, I wanted to ask them all.

Anyways, just saying, wouldn't it be awesome if (almost certain it won't happen), Sega were to get the rights for all Mario and Nintendo characters and do an arc about the previous three Mario & Sonic games and the upcoming Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games; as well as getting Capcom's rights to Megaman to first adapt the current comic storyline that's a crossover between Sonic and Megaman, and then lead-in to an arc that combines both SSBBrawl and the new SSB for Wii U and 3DS, would that not be the most awesome thing ever? Either way, I hope Sonic, Mario, and Megaman get to team up in the upcoming game, although that can be discussed in that thread.

So, thoughts?

gmster is offline Delicious.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It would be very fitting if Saban grabbed this to air on Vortexx. If it's anything better than that god-awful Sonic X, then I'd welcome it.

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gmster View Post
    It would be very fitting if Saban grabbed this to air on Vortexx. If it's anything better than that god-awful Sonic X, then I'd welcome it.
    All I can say to that is... This... Oh GOD, THIS!

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The article only mentions that they got it from "a source". IMHO, that's not really good enough.

However, assuming it was true, I would hope it isn't too comedy based (i.e., to the point of being nothing more than MLP:FiM with Sonic characters, or worse yet, another generic "sitcom" style series). Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is also comedy based, but even that show isn't just about comedy. In any case, I get the feeling that if it focuses on just comedy (including, but not limited to, just using the fact that it's based on the video games as part of just another short term, spur-of-the-moment joke followed by a punchline, to the point of even just being another parody of an established franchise), then it wouldn't really do the video games justice (just like how FiM doesn't do the now-31 year old MLP franchise justice...except when it does; long story, plus, I'm just saying). The point is, there needs to be some action and adventure too.

At any rate, I think we should wait for more direct confirmation before we draw any conclusions, because at this point, it really does appear to just be rumor and speculation.
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandouga View Post
    The article only mentions that they got it from "a source". IMHO, that's not really good enough.

However, assuming it was true, I would hope it isn't too comedy based (i.e., to the point of being nothing more than MLP:FiM with Sonic characters, or worse yet, another generic "sitcom" style series). Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is also comedy based, but even that show isn't just about comedy. In any case, I get the feeling that if it focuses on just comedy (including, but not limited to, just using the fact that it's based on the video games as part of just another short term, spur-of-the-moment joke followed by a punchline, to the point of even just being another parody of an established franchise), then it wouldn't really do the video games justice (just like how FiM doesn't do the now-31 year old MLP franchise justice...except when it does; long story, plus, I'm just saying). The point is, there needs to be some action and adventure too.

At any rate, I think we should wait for more direct confirmation before we draw any conclusions, because at this point, it really does appear to just be rumor and speculation.
    Ummmm.... That's kinda what I was saying. I said that's what they "say" the show might be like, I never said that I think it's true, I was asking what others thought about the premise, which you did contribute to. Also, my questions regarding he games and comics is not about this show, I was asking if anyone wanted that in their ideal Sonic show.

The Master C is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let the Saban/Disney bloodbath over who gets this show begin!!!

dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope Sonic Boom has the forthcoming new version Sally Acorn in it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dth1971 View Post
    I hope Sonic Boom has the forthcoming new version Sally Acorn in it!
    Has she been unrobotized yet? I don't really keep up withy he comics, so I don't know her role in the current Megaman crossover arc.

dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing26 View Post
    Has she been unrobotized yet? I don't really keep up withy he comics, so I don't know her role in the current Megaman crossover arc.
    You will find out in Sonic the Hedgehog issue #252 when Archie comics releases it in a few months.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dth1971 View Post
    You will find out in Sonic the Hedgehog issue #252 when Archie comics releases it in a few months.
    Oh alright I should actually pick up the issues leading up to the crossover as well as the ones before it and after Genesis. Thanks, btw!

Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree, so long as it's not as boring and terrible as Sonix X, I'd give it a go. I also don't mind if it's comedic, with a few action elements here and there. IMO, Sonic works best that way.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

Toonatic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would LOVE a new Sonic TV series in the same vein of the first 3 games, Colors, Generations, Lost World, and the AOSTH cartoon though I prefer it to be made in 2-D traditional. While it's comedy-based (nothing wrong with that, I think comedy is the best for Sonic), I do hope action and story plays a part in the show. But I am oh-so excited if this was true. They should also consider to get Jaleel White *wink* *wink*.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "comedic?" Aw, man! Can't we get any straight action shows anymore?
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

SF4Ever is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, we can't hardly be surprised about Sonic resurfacing on TV. Now, suppose it were to air on the Disney networks- why not get Bobb'e J. Thompson to voice Sonic, Greg Sipes as Knuckles, Zendaya as Princess Sally and maybe Kevin M. Richardson as Dr. Robotnik. I know some of you would love to have Jaleel White return as Sonic, but the question is will he be willing to return to that role? As far as I'm concerned, if Vortexx were to get Sonic Boom, the CW might want him to reprise the role of Sonic. It's a wait and see mode, but once again, I see potential, but it's likely a toss-up, between Disney and Vortexx on the CW, as to who'll pick up Sonic Boom. Let's stay on top of this.
    Like it or not, I never apologize for being a fan of whomever they may be.

ILDC is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    White did do that recent short Sonic fan film, but Sega may want to use Roger Craig Smith to keep it consistent with the games.

The Talon is offline Armchair Assassin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One of the things I've like about the new games (Colors, Generations, Lost World) is that they've mostly gotten rid of the "Sonic's stupid friends" trope, so it's nice that it's just focusing of the main 4 heroes. I hope it isn't just all comedy though, just a little bit of action in between would be nice.

Dub C is offline Just a animation lovin' dude
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always felt the one thing that truly held Sonic X back from being the best Sonic cartoon and Chris and the overall focus on the human characters. It'd be nice to have a Sonic show that actually played it straight with the Sega universe. The bit about the 'Comedy' doesn't bother me since Sega Sonic has never really been that serious. If it's still an actiony show, and it leans more towards the ilk of Soul Eater or One Piece, and less like Ultimate Spider-Man, then I got no problems.
    What has my attention in Animation RIGHT NOW:
    Hunter X Hunter (2011), One Piece, The Legend of Korra, TMNT (2012), Teen Titans Go!, Magi 2, Kill la Kill, A Certain Scientific Railgun

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If the rumors about Sonic getting a new show are true, I really hope they stay as far away from the Archie comics and Sonic SatAM as possible
    seriously, everything that went wrong with the franchise over the years can be traced back to that glorified fanfiction (and before anyone jumps down my throat, yes, it was a good show in it's own right, but it had about as much to do with Sonic as The Terminator has with Wall-E)

instead, they should stick with the established continuity and characters from the games

to be exact:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic CD, Tails Adventure, Knuckles Chaotix, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Advance, Advance 2, Advance3, Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic 4, Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations, and possibly Sonic Lost World

these games combined make for a great source of material for writers to work with (a luxury the creators of Sonic SatAM didn't have)

Dub C is offline Just a animation lovin' dude
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaneMan View Post
    If the rumors about Sonic getting a new show are true, I really hope they stay as far away from the Archie comics and Sonic SatAM as possible
    seriously, everything that went wrong with the franchise over the years can be traced back to that glorified fanfiction (and before anyone jumps down my throat, yes, it was a good show in it's own right, but it had about as much to do with Sonic as The Terminator has with Wall-E)
    I completely agree with this. And I say this with SatAM being one of my favorite all-time cartoons and as a fan of the Archie Comics. But enough time has passed to the point that I'm able to pick apart its faults and not see it as a masterpiece as opposed to the some of its most enthusiastic fans.
    What has my attention in Animation RIGHT NOW:
    Hunter X Hunter (2011), One Piece, The Legend of Korra, TMNT (2012), Teen Titans Go!, Magi 2, Kill la Kill, A Certain Scientific Railgun

Scrappy-Fan92 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, if this show is real, I do hope it keeps the game voice actors for consistency's sake. Also, I see no problem with comedic elements (most Sonic games have comedy to some degree). Also, where exactly would it take place and what new characters (if any) do you think would be introduced?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast