Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by SF4Ever View Post

Who really knows, but you can be sure that if Jean MacCurdy becomes Cartoon Network's next president, she'll be supporting her, all the way through.
    What do you mean?

SF4Ever is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GPRailroad8794 View Post
    What do you mean?
    This might shed some light:

The New Warner Bros. Animation Archive

If the link comes through, this was back when Betty Cohen stepped down as Cartoon Network president, due to a disagreement with Jamie Kellner. At the same time, Jean MacCurdy stepped down as president of Warner Bros. Animation, due to Kellner's attempt to consolidate Kids' WB with Cartoon Network. Jamie Kellner caused all of this to begin with by his attempted consolidation of two brands. Now that Kellner is gone, Cartoon Network can rebuild, starting with its presidency. Since Jamie Kellner caused all of this, it's only appropriate to make things right by CN removing Stuart Snyder as network president and offering that position to Jean MacCurdy, and because of all the problems that Jamie Kellner caused, before she stepped down as CN president, he would be the reason why Betty Cohen would support Jean MacCurdy as Cartoon Network president.
    Like it or not, I never apologize for being a fan of whomever they may be.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This might shed some light:

The New Warner Bros. Animation Archive

If the link comes through, this was back when Betty Cohen stepped down as Cartoon Network president, due to a disagreement with Jamie Kellner. At the same time, Jean MacCurdy stepped down as president of Warner Bros. Animation, due to Kellner's attempt to consolidate Kids' WB with Cartoon Network. Jamie Kellner caused all of this to begin with by his attempted consolidation of two brands. Now that Kellner is gone, Cartoon Network can rebuild, starting with its presidency. Since Jamie Kellner caused all of this, it's only appropriate to make things right by CN removing Stuart Snyder as network president and offering that position to Jean MacCurdy, and because of all the problems that Jamie Kellner caused, before she stepped down as CN president, he would be the reason why Betty Cohen would support Jean MacCurdy as Cartoon Network president.
    Thanks for the link bro! Kellner is basically the one responsible for giving Time Warner a bad rep, starting when he cut off WCW's life support so thankfully he's no longer part of the company. Also, on the subject of Snyder (and Sorcher) who appointed those 2 after Samples left? Was putting them into power Kellner's final screwjob?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the link bro! Kellner is basically the one responsible for giving Time Warner a bad rep, starting when he cut off WCW's life support so thankfully he's no longer part of the company. Also, on the subject of Snyder (and Sorcher) who appointed those 2 after Samples left? Was putting them into power Kellner's final screwjob?
    It probably was, but Time Warner can still right the ship by giving both Snyder and Sorcher new jobs within the company and remove them from running operations at Cartoon Network. That would open the doors to offer the network presidency to Jean MacCurdy, but she would have to choose a vice president, which I think is only fair. Cartoon Network needs someone who knows the ins and outs of animation, not corporate heads, to run the network.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It probably was, but Time Warner can still right the ship by giving both Snyder and Sorcher new jobs within the company and remove them from running operations at Cartoon Network. That would open the doors to offer the network presidency to Jean MacCurdy, but she would have to choose a vice president, which I think is only fair. Cartoon Network needs someone who knows the ins and outs of animation, not corporate heads, to run the network.
    One of Snyder's strengths seems to be adapting to the times and using technology to the company's advantage. Perhaps he can find his comfort zone somewhere in the marketing department. Sorcher... Can be a part of finances or something. Whether they're moved down or removed completely, they need to go. Also, if Jean MacCurdy is currently employed by Technicolor then how can Cartoon Network win her over? Through some lucrative deal I assume?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One of Snyder's strengths seems to be adapting to the times and using technology to the company's advantage. Perhaps he can find his comfort zone somewhere in the marketing department. Sorcher... Can be a part of finances or something. Whether they're moved down or removed completely, they need to go. Also, if Jean MacCurdy is currently employed by Technicolor then how can Cartoon Network win her over? Through some lucrative deal I assume?
    Some sort of long-term deal. Also, she would be given the power to make deals with other animation studios for potential Cartoon Network programs, change some of the program scheduling, call for meetings concerning anything having to do with the network- case and point, give her all the perks and privileges fit for a network president and more. Also, give her the same power that Jamie Kellner used to have, but unlike Kellner, she would thoroughly consider what's in the very best interests for CN. Does this sound like a tall order for her? I'm not so sure, but the thing is to make right what Kellner did to hurt the network, all the way around. On top of that, she would also stress to the people that she's making deals with the importance of original creativity, something animators that have deals with CN can pick up on. Yes, a lucrative, long-term deal with some additional perks as network president just might be enough to lure Jean MacCurdy to Cartoon Network. It's a wait and see mode, but the fact is CN needs her and she has what it takes to be a network president, basically doing what she's done for years and more.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some sort of long-term deal. Also, she would be given the power to make deals with other animation studios for potential Cartoon Network programs, change some of the program scheduling, call for meetings concerning anything having to do with the network- case and point, give her all the perks and privileges fit for a network president and more. Also, give her the same power that Jamie Kellner used to have, but unlike Kellner, she would thoroughly consider what's in the very best interests for CN. Does this sound like a tall order for her? I'm not so sure, but the thing is to make right what Kellner did to hurt the network, all the way around. On top of that, she would also stress to the people that she's making deals with the importance of original creativity, something animators that have deals with CN can pick up on. Yes, a lucrative, long-term deal with some additional perks as network president just might be enough to lure Jean MacCurdy to Cartoon Network. It's a wait and see mode, but the fact is CN needs her and she has what it takes to be a network president, basically doing what she's done for years and more.
    Agreed. Being CN president can be her big break, the biggest accolade to add to her already long list of them. Also, it can serve as a means of gratitude for the countless amount of work and time she has put into the animation industry for the past near 20+ years. Whatever perks she demands, let her have I say, she deserves them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Agreed. Being CN president can be her big break, the biggest accolade to add to her already long list of them. Also, it can serve as a means of gratitude for the countless amount of work and time she has put into the animation industry for the past near 20+ years. Whatever perks she demands, let her have I say, she deserves them.
    Amen to that!!! Now, I'd like for Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick to allow young viewers to post their comments on their Saturday morning programs, after the networks' respective blocks end. Also keep special contests to be advertised, during each block, to give them a chance to win special merchandise, just for watching. Now earlier, I posted about the networks needing a promotional campaign slogan. I had posted Disney Channel could use a catchy song title to promote Toonin' Saturdays, and the title of that song should be something like "Let's Get Animated". Also, each Saturday morning block should receive heavy promotion during the week- it'll attract young viewers to those blocks. Sponsorship is a definite must- Cartoon Network and Nick run commercials, but more promotional grants for Toonin' Saturdays can help Disney Channel, too. Standards and Practices on all three networks also must keep the moderate and fantasy violence in the animated action and adventure programs to an acceptable and minimum level- this is to avoid parents complaining about "too much violence" in the shows. All of this, plus giving viewers a second chance to watch the SatAM shows, during the week in portions, can be helpful, especially when it comes to making Saturday mornings on these three networks more viewer attractive. Speaking of which, I'm going to attempt to link a photo of the upcoming Max Steel series. If it gets through, I'll offer my thoughts on the show:

http://www.toonfind.com/cartoon-imag...-big/238-4.jpg

The upcoming version of Max Steel would be a good fit for Disney Channel's Toonin' Saturdays, airing at 12:00 p.m. on Saturdays, helping to change the programming culture of the network, especially if it's going to compete with Cartoon Network and Nick, between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., with action animation, once again, on the rise, among viewers. Now, I've already mentioned an animated Indiana Jones series as well as some of Jack Kirby's animation artwork that Disney could contract Ruby-Spears to do something with. This is all about getting with the times, and Disney would have to fall in line with its competition or get left behind, which is never a good thing. Let's keep some more ideas on making Saturday mornings more viewer attractive coming.
    Last edited by SF4Ever; 01-06-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.toonfind.com/cartoon-imag...-big/238-4.jpg

The upcoming version of Max Steel would be a good fit for Disney Channel's Toonin' Saturdays, airing at 12:00 p.m. on Saturdays, helping to change the programming culture of the network, especially if it's going to compete with Cartoon Network and Nick, between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., with action animation, once again, on the rise, among viewers. Now, I've already mentioned an animated Indiana Jones series as well as some of Jack Kirby's animation artwork that Disney could contract Ruby-Spears to do something with. This is all about getting with the times, and Disney would have to fall in line with its competition or get left behind, which is never a good thing. Let's keep some more ideas on making Saturday mornings more viewer attractive coming.
    That picture reminds me of an old Sega arcade game! And if the show itself is anything like what I described it as, it's gonna be awesome. This looks like it could be right at home on any of the Big 3 IMO, but if Disney is wise they will snag this show as soon as it comes out the oven. When CN airs the rumored SWAT Katz, I can see that and Max Steel being SatAM headliners, coupled onto DC Nation for some anticipated high quality programming and high quality ratings to match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The upcoming version of Max Steel would be a good fit for Disney Channel's Toonin' Saturdays, airing at 12:00 p.m. on Saturdays, helping to change the programming culture of the network, especially if it's going to compete with Cartoon Network and Nick, between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., with action animation, once again, on the rise, among viewers..
    oh that thing again? i'm a hardcore fan of action cartoons, specially when they are based on toys or whatever, but I hate max steel >.<
    Otaku, Gamer, Brony, Music Lover and Geek For Life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If Disney were to finally retrieve some of Jack Kirby's old artwork for development into an animated series and contract Ruby-Spears to handle it, this should be the first program idea that R-S should start with:

10 Amazing Jack Kirby Designs That Need To Happen - ComicsAlliance | Comic book culture, news, humor, commentary, and reviews

I'm talking about the first design for Roxie's Raiders, which could not only signal Ruby-Spears' comeback as an animation studio, but could be one of at least two serial animated adventure series that could fit into Disney Channel's Toonin' Saturdays programming block. BTW, Disney owns the artwork and Joe Ruby and Ken Spears were(and possibly, still are) the intended producers. Yes, Ruby and Spears have been working as consultants on Cartoon Network's Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc., but this would be one opportunity for the sake of Jack Kirby's family for Disney to mend fences with Ruby-Spears and to get this program off the ground, because it's been sitting around for years now, waiting to finally be animated. This could also make Disney a major player in the action animation genre, which can and should happen, given the current success of the genre. BTW, I did watch an animated adventure movie on Disney Channel, called Mulan, which is a real good movie and is animated, almost like the old Cartoon Network series, Samurai Jack, which premiered, two years later. Yes, after watching that movie, animated adventure does have a place on Disney Channel- it's just a matter of giving it a chance. Speaking of which, these guys have already given Cartoon Network a shot in the arm, as far as developing original action animation, and they can still do the same thing for Disney Channel, too- here's the link to their studio website:

http://www.manofaction.tv

Imagine if the animated Indiana Jones were co-produced by these guys, along with Amblin Entertainment and Lucasfilm Animation? It can happen.
    Last edited by SF4Ever; 01-11-2013 at 08:04 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3