Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    WMania is offline Check Out My Avatar Thread!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by GPRailroad8794 View Post
    I was actually thinking about that, but instead of them taking place on Saturday mornings, have them air in tandem on the weekday lineup like how the various Hanna-Barbers shows were during the Powerhouse Era. However, if we are to route of the Top 5, then these classics can also be a part of the polls and have just as much a chance of being re-aired as a contemporary show. Indeed, this would garner the attention of older audiences so it's a good thing you bought the idea to the table.
    Well, this would be daily, but that is only the Saturday lineup. Here's the weekday lineup:

6AM - Dexter
    6:30AM - Bravo
    7AM - PPG
    7:30AM - Sheep
    8AM - Tom and Jerry
    8:30AM - Looney Tunes

For those who are worrying about Courage, he'll be on during primetime on weeknights.

Aquadementia is offline Mutant Snow Goons!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mod Nudge

Careful.
    Let's not turn this into a fantasy schedule thread.

Or maybe we Should!

Wait, those fall under list threads. So, nope. Sorry, not here.

Also, could we break up those walls of text a bit.

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquadementia View Post
    Also, could we break up those walls of text a bit.
    The most we can do in that department is bust them up more into paragraphs, if that's not what you mean already.

As for the Cartoon Cartoons, it'll be nice for those to be mixed in during the daytime lineup as well, it should better their chances of being seen as more people will be awake later in the morning/ early in the afternoon.

SF4Ever is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Never mind fantasy schedules with old shows- let's stick to the main topic of this thread, and moderator's input is welcome. Cartoon Network airs most of it's primary Saturday morning lineup on Sunday mornings, too. That might be all fine and dandy, but shuffle the lineup and put different shows on Sunday. Getting back to Saturday mornings, Cartoon Network has a lot of properties to work with for developing possible Sat. AM shows and Dreamworks Animation can provide some of those TV cartoon ideas, same deal with Nick. I was watching the feature film version of Marmaduke, this morning, and I was thinking what if another incarnation of that legendary Great Dane of the comic strips in animation, hit the airwaves. If that were to happen, he would look good on Nick, and give him a speaking voice, just like in the movie and have other canine companions to surround him in various situations. We spoke, most recently about Pac Man- we know about his original cartoon show in the early 1980's, which Warner Bros. owns the rights to, but what about the upcoming Pac Man: The Adventure Begins, which Disney will be responsible for? Imagine how it would look on Disney Channel's Toonin' Saturdays. Sonic doesn't seem to go anywhere away from TV, and Disney XD has been running reruns of him. I figure that the speedy cartoon hedgehog might want another go on TV in another incarnation and could possibly be scheduled on Toonin' Saturdays, too. The main target times for Saturday mornings on Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick would be 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., just like in the old days on CBS, ABC and NBC. The main thing is for the three networks to determine out of all of their respective animated programs what should be exclusive to Saturday mornings, then reran during the week for those viewers who missed them, before the next new episode of that said show hits the air on Saturday morning. The point is that program should air first on Saturday morning, then reran during the week- all three networks can do that. Another thing is the promotional campaigns for each of the three networks' Saturday morning schedules. For Cartoon Network, I was thinking this, "Wake up with the all-stars on Cartoon Network Saturday morning", Nick could come up with this campaign slogan, "Wake up with your cartoon friends, Saturday mornings on Nick" or Disney Channel could come up with a real catchy theme song for Toonin' Saturdays with a working title, "Let's Get Animated" and for the adventure cartoons, the slogan would be "Adventure lives again on Disney Channel". The promotional campaign, the slogans and the theme would have to be catchy to attract younger viewers to Saturday mornings on all three of these networks, and I believe it can. Now, I'm sure you all have more ideas on making Saturday mornings on Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick more viewer attractive, now please continue to chime in.
    Like it or not, I never apologize for being a fan of whomever they may be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They could stop talking down for one.

Also the obnoxious level disturbs me greatly.
    FREE CARTOONS ARE A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMania View Post
    On my personal fantasy schedule, I have classics through the entire morning (I do this every day of the week). However, on weekdays, it lasts until 9AM. However, on weekends, it lasts until 12PM. It will grab in some older viewers or people who haven't seen some of these shows for a while.

6AM - Dexter's Lab
    6:30AM - Johnny Bravo
    7AM - PPG
    7:30AM - Sheep
    8AM - Cow/Chicken
    8:15AM - I.M. Weasel
    8:30AM - Time Squad
    9AM - Looney Tunes
    10AM - Tom and Jerry
    I love fantasy schedules! =D
    Otaku, Gamer, Brony, Music Lover and Geek For Life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Donut View Post
    They could stop talking down for one.

Also the obnoxious level disturbs me greatly.
    What does that comment have to do with this thread? We're talking about how to make Saturday mornings more viewer attractive on Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick. You need to make a thorough description of what you're saying and you have got to be on topic. BTW, OtakuGamer97, welcome, but no fantasy schedule talk, here- the mods have already stated that it's a list posting and that's not allowed on this forum. Sorry.

WMania is offline Check Out My Avatar Thread!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GPRailroad8794 View Post
    The most we can do in that department is bust them up more into paragraphs, if that's not what you mean already.

As for the Cartoon Cartoons, it'll be nice for those to be mixed in during the daytime lineup as well, it should better their chances of being seen as more people will be awake later in the morning/ early in the afternoon.
    Plus, Looney Tunes has done very well in the mornings for Cartoon Network and yet, right after Looney Tunes is action, action and more action. Just add more classics to go around Looney Tunes, including Tom and Jerry which does VERY well next to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMania View Post
    Plus, Looney Tunes has done very well in the mornings for Cartoon Network and yet, right after Looney Tunes is action, action and more action. Just add more classics to go around Looney Tunes, including Tom and Jerry which does VERY well next to it.
    Imagine if Cartoon Network aired both Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes at sometime, between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays? The point is CN's ratings continue to rise, and although its Saturday morning lineup is good, there's always more room to improve it. Imagine what's in store for TV animation in 2013? As far as I'm concerned, plenty, but right now, as far as the action animation genre is concerned, Cartoon Network and Nick will still compete for audiences for those shows, and the best part is, the genre is turning a profit for their respective networks and bringing in ratings, too. It's only going to be a matter of time before the continuing success of TV action animation programs on both CN and Nick, especially on Saturday mornings, will be enough to force Disney Channel's hand, since not everyone has Disney XD. Disney has all kinds of deals with action animators, like Lucasfilm, Man of Action Studios, Cookie Jar Entertainment and Film Roman, and it could make other deals, like with Ruby-Spears(still in operation, as of 2012/2013)- time for the House of Mickey Mouse to start utilizing its resources in action animation, especially if it benefits Toonin' Saturdays' limitless potential. Now, here's a link to some of Patrick Shoenmaker's character and background designs for a possible Indiana Jones series that Disney now controls. Disney could contract both Amblin Entertainment and Man of Action Studios to produce the program thru Lucasfilm Animation and possibly run it on Disney Channel's Toonin' Saturdays, with a few modifications in accordance to the network's Standards & Practices Dept. There's no reason why Disney can't utilize its resources in action animation to compete with Cartoon Network and Nick in that genre, and an animated Indiana Jones series could fit right in with Toonin' Saturdays, especially with the continuously changing trends in what young viewers like to see on Saturday mornings on cable's Big Three networks:

http://io9.com/5947699/what-if-indiana-jones-continued-his-adventures-in-an-animated-series

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Speaking of action, I'm not really sure about the show's standings on Vortexx, but based on what I've been seeing in the Saban thread, if Sonic X were to leave the lineup then either CN or Nick can pick it up. That show for the past 10 years encapsulates the meaning of "Saturday morning cartoon" and though its been played from beginning to end God knows how many times, it still receives good ratings. Now imagine Sonic X getting even more exposure on a Cartoon Network or a Nickelodeon or even a Disney Channel... Unstoppable. I suggest that whenever Sonic X becomes a free agent, one of the Big 3 signs it to a Saturday morning deal ASAP.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast