Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1980s) - The Complete Series" Box Set Coming

Like This Thread!

TVSHOWSONDVD.com has the very cool news:

Cowabunga! Collect the Complete TMNT Classic TV Series Set - all 10 seasons together for the first time in a 23-disc set in totally awesome collectible packaging! Experience the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle saga in this totally tubular 23-disc set of the original animated series, featuring all 10 seasons in one complete cowabunga collection! From their origins on the comic book page to the depths of Dimension X and beyond, the pizza- loving, shell-busting Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo, with the guidance of their Sensei Master Splinter, have been delighting fans for decades with their turtle power. Whether it's facing fierce enemies Krang, Shredder and Lord Dregg,savinghumanity from near extinction, or battling against life-altering mutations, the half-shell heroes are always ready for heart-stopping, time-bending, straight outta the sewer action!

Lionsgate Entertainment has announced to retailers today that on November 13th they're making a 23-DVDgiftset available for theTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Complete Classic Series Collection. Packaged inside an exclusive, plastic molded collectible "party van" that passionate fans will be sure to want, you'll get all 10 seasons (including all the same on-disc bonus content found in the previous individual releases) at a cost of $99.98 SRP.[/B][B]

Taken from:http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tee...#ixzz24VYnJb65

Check out images at the above link. Interesting news!
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

mgr91686 is offline knowledgable John Wayne fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I want this so bad, but I already have the individual releases.

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, this might've caught my eye about 6 years ago, but I have almost the whole series already (just missing Season 10, which I'll probably get next week).

It's basically just repackaging the previous releases with new labels and in a Turtle Van casing, same disk count and everything. So it's really cool for those who don't already have the series ($100 is less than I probably paid for all my DVDs), but skippable for those who already have the sets.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it? You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure. (Updates Bi-Weekly! Newest: 4/11 - Megazone 23 Part 3/Final)

Shift is offline Brave Warrior of the Sea
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm in the opposite boat; I have none of the releases, since the last time I tried watching it, I wasn't as compelled to continue. But since I do have the entirety of the 4Kids series, maybe it'd be good to at least get this for posterity. I mean, I had to order DVDs from the UK AND Australia just to complete 2k3, so having a series nice and wrapped up like it should be ought to be commended.

Storyboard Artist for The Sonic Fan Film

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I ended up using my individual OG series DVD for collateral on a pawn loan and I might no get them back with this on the way. It would take up a lot less shelf space and look so slick.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Storm Eagle is offline Power to the peaceful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I'll be.

I've already got all the season sets, and I'm a little tempted to get this myself. It probably won't be worth it though, unless "Planet of the Turtletoids" and "Once Upon a Time Machine" will be arranged so that they'll be in the proper continuity order.
    The artist formerly known as PRdude.

Shift is offline Brave Warrior of the Sea
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They said the set will be composed of all the original disks, so probably not.

Storyboard Artist for The Sonic Fan Film

Peter Paltridge is online now Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Did I call it, or did I call it? It's the Complete Series, inside a Turtle Van, just as I predicted. I don't have any of the discs; the releases were such a mess. I've been waiting for them to do this.

Good thing that horrid movie was canceled or we would have had to wait longer so they could time it to the film's release.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

Storm Eagle is offline Power to the peaceful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    They said the set will be composed of all the original disks, so probably not.
    I realized that you might be right when I observed the way the discs were placed in the set, and how some of them have the same kind of artwork. Going from front to back, it's like this:
    - The first disc is green (first season/volume)
    - The second disc is orange (second season/volume)
    - The third through sixth discs are light green (four discs made up the third season in individual volumes)
    - The seventh through eleventh discs are red (season 4 was a five-disc set)
    - The twelfth through fourteenth discs are blue (season 5 was a three-disc set)
    - The fifteenth and sixteenth discs are purple (season 6 was a two-disc set)
    - The seventeenth through twentieth discs are light orange (season 7 was a four-disc set)
    - The twenty-first disc is dark blue (eighth season)
    - The twenty-second disc is brown (ninth season)
    - The twenty-third disc is dark purple (tenth season)

So it's most likely the existing discs with different artwork, and will just have the same content as they have on the individual sets.

I'm also seeing something in this picture what looks like it might be a booklet.
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics...plete_bty2.jpg
    If that is a booklet, I'd get this set just for that. I'd also most likely sell my individual sets. No more fumbling with the awkward pizza-box season 5 set.
    The artist formerly known as PRdude.

Classic Speedy is online now It's not Regis!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't really have a desire to own all volumes of the series (only own the first five), but I would like to know which episode contained this quote:

"Fire at will!"
    "Which one's Will?"

I asked this a few years ago and nobody seemed to know. As long as I could get the volume that contained that quote, I'd be satisfied.

Monterey Jack is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That packaging will scratch the HELL out of the discs.
    "First, ye rubs something furry t' build up a charge...then ye picks yer target!"

Kevin the Geek is offline Golem fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That turtle van packaging looks very cool.

However...

1. I already own most of the series on DVD. (Season 1, first half of season 3, seasons 6-10)

2. I'm not interested in owning the entire series on DVD.

By season 3, the show started to get too goofy, for my taste. Due to this, I have no plans to get the rest of season 3, along with seasons 4 and 5. However, I might try to get season 2 on DVD, someday.
    My DVD/Blu-ray collection: http://kevin-the-geek.filmaf.com/

Formerly known as Comic Guy

CyberCubed is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin the Geek View Post
    That turtle van packaging looks very cool.

However...

1. I already own most of the series on DVD. (Season 1, first half of season 3, seasons 6-10)

2. I'm not interested in owning the entire series on DVD.

By season 3, the show started to get too goofy, for my taste. Due to this, I have no plans to get the rest of season 3, along with seasons 4 and 5. However, I might try to get season 2 on DVD, someday.
    The show being goofy was always part of its charm.

And the series gets much better and more towards action from Season 6 and up.

Tobias is offline Who you gonna call?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I might get this if Best Buy has it cheap enough. Odds are it won't be anywhere near the 100 price tag considering how cheap the individual season sets were when they were released.

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Below are press details and images for the collection as made available by Lionsgate Home Entertainment.

Cowabunga! Get ready to relive all the action when Lionsgate Home Entertainment releases the complete series of the totally awesome classic TV series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection, available all together for the first time on DVD November 13. Perfectly timed for holiday gift giving, the set includes all 10 seasons on 23 discs and will be packaged in an exclusive, collectible TMNT Party Van. Join everyone's favorite pizza eating turtles, Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo from the beginning through their final battle to save mankind. A fan-favorite show, and fun for the whole family, the DVD collection features all 193 hilarious, action-packed episodes and is loaded with bonus content from each season's release.Just in time for the highly anticipated Nickelodeon reboot of the beloved series, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection will be available for the suggested price of $99.98.

Experience the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles saga in this totally tubular 23-disc set of the original animated series, featuring all 10 seasons in one complete cowabunga collection! From their origins on the comic book page to the depths of Dimension X and beyond, the pizza-loving, shell-busting Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo, with the guidance of their Sensei, have been delighting fans for decades with their turtle power. Whether it's facing fierce enemies Krang, Shredder and Lord Dregg, saving humanity from near extinction or battling against life-altering mutations, the half-shell heroes are always ready for heart-stopping, time-bending, straight outta the sewer action!

DVD BONUS FEATURES*
    Over 3 hours of special features!
    *Subject to change

PROGRAM INFORMATION
    Year of Production: 1987-1996
    Title Copyright: © 1990, 1991, 1992 Fred Wolf Films. All Rights Reserved.
    Based on the TV show produced by Fred Wolf Films. © 2012 Viacom International Inc. All Rights Reserved. Nickelodeon, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and all related titles, logos and characters are trademarks of Viacom International Inc. Based on characters created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman
    Type: TV on DVD
    Genre: Children/Family, Action/Adventure, TV Series, Animated
    Rating: Not Rated
    Closed Captioned: English
    Subtitles: English
    DVD Format: 4x3Full Screen (1.33:1)
    Running Time: Approximately 73 Hours
    DVD Audio Status: 2.0 Dolby Digital

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Small text on the disc
    See Disc 23 Bonus Features for these Season 4 Episodes: "Planet of the Turtleoids" and "Once Upon a Time Machine".
    Yeah, this confirms there's no changes.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it? You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure. (Updates Bi-Weekly! Newest: 4/11 - Megazone 23 Part 3/Final)

Tobias is offline Who you gonna call?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At least this will give people a chance who missed the earlier releases to get the volumes they may have missed. These days I can only find various volumes of season 3, and the 'Red Sky' seasons in stores.

thundercatz is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i want this.

Batman is offline The Dark Knight
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh I'm so getting this.

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... A DARK KNIGHT...." Commissioner Gordon
    [ The Dark Knight ]

Classic Speedy is online now It's not Regis!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So -nobody- has an answer to my question?