Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Butterstar is offline Bring Sakura back to the US!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Pingu: Pingu's Lavatory Story: Banned from airing on CN and PBS Kids Sprout due to a scene at the end where Pingu pees on the floor and is forced to clean it up. Still airs in the UK and Canada.
    TOONAMI: Every Saturday night on Cartoon Network, 12-6am. No excuses for not watching allowed.

DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's another odd thing about the banned Pokémon episodes:

- "Holiday Hi-Jynx" had not aired on Boomerang either, except the very most recent rotation in September 2011.
    - "The Tower of Terror" was only banned for the title, but "A Scare in the Air" was briefly changed to "Spirits of the Sky", and even then I think it was only on Kids' WB!

BTW, it wasn't just crossdressing that got the episode banned, James crossdresses all the time in both versions. It's just in this one, he had giant inflatable breasts.

There was also the TaleSpin episode "Flying Dupes", that was banned from Toon Disney because it had Baloo flying a plane with a bomb in it (unbeknownst to him) after 9/11.

Don't forget the South Park episodes "100" and "101".

I think the Arthur episode "Big Horns George / Bleep" was banned because the latter is about bleeping swears (in a Sopranos parody called "The Altos").

Another somewhat banned episode was the Kirby: Right Back At Ya! episode "A Dental Dilemma". According to Michael Haigney in an interview, FOX would not let them air it on their block because of some scenes with a highchair and a dentist that painfully drills Escargoon's teeth or something like that. However, it did eventually air.

The TMNT '03 episode "Insane in the Membrane" which features Baxter Stockman as a crazed zombie was banned, but was seen in other countries, DVDs, and 4Kids' old website. Here's hoping Nicktoons airs it when they eventually get around to airing the '03 series. And don't forget the unfinished "Nightmares Recycled" that had Hun and the Garbageman as conjoined twins.

Toonatic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSong View Post
    Don't forget the South Park episodes "100" and "101".
    It's 200 and 201, fyi.

There was also an episode of Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog that got banned on Toon Disney called Mass Transit Trouble after the 9/11 attacks.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    BTW, it wasn't just crossdressing that got the episode banned, James crossdresses all the time in both versions. It's just in this one, he had giant inflatable breasts.
    James crossdressing was only prominent in the original series and briefly in AG. Though, James having inflatable breasts and the way he was uncovered was the main reason why the episode was banned.

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSong
    The TMNT '03 episode "Insane in the Membrane" which features Baxter Stockman as a crazed zombie was banned, but was seen in other countries, DVDs, and 4Kids' old website. Here's hoping Nicktoons airs it when they eventually get around to airing the '03 series. And don't forget the unfinished "Nightmares Recycled" that had Hun and the Garbageman as conjoined twins.
    I remember hearing about those two episodes. They sound pretty interesting.

tinybrain is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSong
    Here's another odd thing about the banned Pokémon episodes:

- "Holiday Hi-Jynx" had not aired on Boomerang either, except the very most recent rotation in September 2011.
    - "The Tower of Terror" was only banned for the title, but "A Scare in the Air" was briefly changed to "Spirits of the Sky", and even then I think it was only on Kids' WB!
    Tower of terror is/was broadcasting on Boomerang or at least in 2007 when I accidentally flipped to that channel, saw the episode with its original name it became my favorite episode. ^_^

And Tentacool VS. Tentacruel was at one point released on VHS because my friend was obsessed with Pokemon and he had a VHS with that episode and many more..

Some Cow and Chicken episodes were censored or banned like "Buffalo Gals" where an extreme stereotype is placed on lesbians and had only aired one time.. Also in the episode "Comet!" Dad shouts Oh, Divot!! And this offended some parents due to it sounding extremely similar to Dammit. And they changed what he says to Oh... Two.. But the Uncensored one could be watched on CN Video and Bommerang and Cartoon Network UK.
    And there's a really old thread here on Toonzone asking about swears on Cartoon Network and it also has a discussion on "Divot". :l

There's more information about stuff like this including the source for the episode Buffalo Gals and information on the TMNT episode "Insane in the Membrane" as previously mentioned
    http://www.cracked.com/article_18672...-cartoons.html

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't remember the name of the episode, but the Gargoyles one where Brooklyn shot Elisa.

Also so far, Batman:Brave and the Bold "Mask of Matches Malone" has yet to air in the US..

Monterey Jack is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There was also the TaleSpin episode "Flying Dupes", that was banned from Toon Disney because it had Baloo flying a plane with a bomb in it (unbeknownst to him) after 9/11.
    There was also the episode "Last Horizons", which was banned for supposedly unflattering Asian caricatures.
    "First, ye rubs something furry t' build up a charge...then ye picks yer target!"

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't know why these haven't been brought up...

Cowboy Bebop:

Sympathy for the Devil - Temp banned from Adult Swim's first run of the series for unknown reasons.

Waltz for Venus - Temp banned from Adult Swim's first run over 9/11 related content. The opening of the episode involves a (albeit thwarted) hijacking attempt.

Cowboy Funk - Temp banned from Adult Swim's first run of the series over bombing theme.

Wild Horses - Temp banned in summer 2003 after the Space Shuttle Columbia burnt up in the Earth's atmosphere.

Gatordragon is offline Moegura - final level
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is this thread about banned episodes in general or just banned episodes in the U.S.?

If it's the former, then in Australia, the Adventure Time episode "Ghost Princess" was banned because it had supernatural elements with hints of murder and on-screen death.

Also the episode "His Hero" was banned in Australia because the plot apparently promoted violence.

There's probably a lot of Australian examples that can be used due to how sensitive Australian censorship can be.

CartoonFridays is offline Promoted to detective.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterstar View Post
    Pingu: Pingu's Lavatory Story: Banned from airing on CN and PBS Kids Sprout due to a scene at the end where Pingu pees on the floor and is forced to clean it up. Still airs in the UK and Canada.
    I also heard that "Pingu Runs Away" was banned due to a scene where Pingu gets spanked.
    Young lady, I'm an expert on humans!

Jave is online now So Smashing... In Space! Magma Champion Robots and Aliens: Reactor Twist 3D Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Regular Show episode "The Unicorns Have Got To Go" has only aired once on CN Latin America as far as I know. And even then, the first airing was quite edited.
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    I remember hearing about those two episodes. They sound pretty interesting.
    "Insane in the Membrane" is legally available on the "Season 4" DVD, which is still available on Amazon for a reasonable price despite being out of print. (I got mine at Five Below though.)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybrain View Post
    Tower of terror is/was broadcasting on Boomerang or at least in 2007 when I accidentally flipped to that channel, saw the episode with its original name it became my favorite episode. ^_^
    It was added back to the CN rotation shortly before the show's Boomerang debut.

Classic Speedy is offline It's not Regis!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rocko's Modern Life: "Leap Frogs" was banned for a time, probably due to its sexual themes. Its accompanying short, "Bedfellows", was paired with the season 4 episode "Wallaby on Wheels" when it aired on NickToons. (though I think after a while, the ban was lifted, because I seem to recall watching "Leap Frogs" on NickToons in 2005)

Sailor V is offline Defender Of Justice
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rocko's Modern Life episode "Leap Frogs". Nickelodeon censors banned this episode from rotation due to the plot of the episode, which Bev Bighead tries to seduce Rocko and fails. It aired on Nicktoons when the channel was in its early days. In fact, that's where I first saw this episode; It's a good thing I taped it because it was one of the most interesting and entertaining episodes from this series.

ABrown is offline Father of twins
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That IITM episode from the 03 TMNT series is actually one of my favorite episodes from that series. I really don't think that it was any more gruesome than other episodes from that show. Unfortunately, like you said there's no chance of ever seeing the episode with Hun and Garbageman as conjoined twins as the episode wasn't ever completed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
    That IITM episode from the 03 TMNT series is actually one of my favorite episodes from that series. I really don't think that it was any more gruesome than other episodes from that show. Unfortunately, like you said there's no chance of ever seeing the episode with Hun and Garbageman as conjoined twins as the episode wasn't ever completed.
    A 4Kids rep mentioned that they would try to get us some of it, maybe in the form of an animatic, as the whole script is written and some animation had begun, but that never happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor V View Post
    Rocko's Modern Life episode "Leap Frogs". Nickelodeon censors banned this episode from rotation due to the plot of the episode, which Bev Bighead tries to seduce Rocko and fails. It aired on Nicktoons when the channel was in its early days. In fact, that's where I first saw this episode; It's a good thing I taped it because it was one of the most interesting and entertaining episodes from this series.
    Luckily, that episode's on the DVDs from Shout Factory, as well as on Netflix. Sadly, the latter somehow screwed up the listing, erasing the episode that included "I See London, I See France". Kind of annoying if you ask me, because that's one my favorites.

RedNinja84 is offline Hotness 2.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman
    I don't remember the name of the episode, but the Gargoyles one where Brooklyn shot Elisa.

Also so far, Batman:Brave and the Bold "Mask of Matches Malone" has yet to air in the US..
    "Mask of Matches Malone" hasn't been shown because of the use of guns, death scenes an most prominently the strong sexual innuendo during a song. Probably the most adult episode up there with "Chill of the Night."
    2009 TZ Fantasy Football League Champion
    2007 ToonZone Fantasy Baseball League Champion
    "Don't take life too seriously, You'll never get out Alive." Bugs Bunny
    Check out my new blog: Redtiger1984 New review is The Artist
    http://redtiger1984.hubpages.com/
    Follow me on twitter: Redtiger1984

Sailor V is offline Defender Of Justice
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Dial M for Monkey segment "Barbequor". It was banned because Silver Spooner, the villain of this episode and a parody of the Sliver Surfer, was a gay stereotype. Besides its premiere and that one showing in 2002, I don't think this episode was aired at all on Cartoon Network. It was replaced by another Dexter's Laboratory short "Dexter's Lab: A Story".

bluenowait is offline Hootenanny
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor V View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Dial M for Monkey segment "Barbequor". It was banned because Silver Spooner, the villain of this episode and a parody of the Sliver Surfer, was a gay stereotype. Besides its premiere and that one showing in 2002, I don't think this episode was aired at all on Cartoon Network. It was replaced by another Dexter's Laboratory short "Dexter's Lab: A Story".
    From what I've heard, that episode isn't even on the Dexter's Laboratory Season 1 DVD.
    t(ň_ót) Double Deuce!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast