Quantcast
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Leviathan is offline "It's against nature!"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    The Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode "Boston". It was supposedly done in reaction to the Mooninite Bomb Scare of 2007.

Unlike most of the other banned episodes listed here, this one is really banned. We know absolutely nothing about the plot, it has never been run anywhere or shown at conventions, and it wasn't even released on DVD.
    Zim: "I thought the Tallest killed you."
    Skoodge "Yeah, but I'm all right now."
    Mad Jack the Pirate: "You were DEAD! How do you get better from being DEAD, you Scottish twit?!??"

Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't find crossdressing disgusting in the least. You could stand to be less prudish. On the subject of banned Pokemon episodes, in addition to the Advanced Generation episode that didn't air due to earthquakes, there's that big Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma episode from Best Wishes. Oh, and another banned in the US one is The Legend of Dratini which had a lot of guns and one of my favorite Pokemon. Also, Ash catches all of those Tauros which just appear out of nowhere in the US version...
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Yoshi Mage View Post
    I don't find crossdressing disgusting in the least. You could stand to be less prudish. On the subject of banned Pokemon episodes, in addition to the Advanced Generation episode that didn't air due to earthquakes, there's that big Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma episode from Best Wishes. Oh, and another banned in the US one is The Legend of Dratini which had a lot of guns and one of my favorite Pokemon. Also, Ash catches all of those Tauros which just appear out of nowhere in the US version...
    Despite the amount of time that has pass since those episodes were originally meant to air, I don't think I would say that the Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma episodes are banned. TV Tokyo said that they would air those episodes at a later date and they did alter that Fishing episodes that was also skipped, so I don't see why they wouldn't do that for the Team Plasma episodes, especially when they've already spent the time animating both episodes and unlike most of the other banned episodes, there was something really important happening in those two episodes. They probably haven't aired the episodes yet because they're trying to figure out how to re-insert that two-parter back into the series. The Fishing episode was relatively easy, but they'll have to figure out a way to do that with Team Rocket being in the Desert Resort with Ash and his friends following them. My guess is that they'll appear at some point during the new season for Best Wishes, but I don't know if I would say that they're banned just yet.

I remember being so confused about Ash suddenly having a bunch of Tauros in the later parts of Kanto. I can understand why they would ban that episode when guns were heavily featured and used, but it did end up being kind of confusing for the kids watching the series and questioning when Ash caught so many Tauros.

Jtaylor1 is offline Not 9000! It Burns!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rugrats "The Banister": Banned after Chuckie's head got caught in the banister. I think I saw that episode once when I was little, but Klasky-Csupo had a reason why it was banned. Can't remember. They might've received complaints from parents.
    R.I.P Yoshito Usui (1958-2009) we'll miss you.

A Tribute to Yoshito Usui (Exclusively on my YouTube channel)

Don't forget to check out my Deviants and read my journal at Jtaylor83's DeviantArt page.

GolfDude is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    as long as any pokemon used in team rocket vs team plasma doesnt evolve in the show before it airs, they could still fit in in during BW2.. it still possible for them to tweak it to fit in in, so its not fully banned yet.. note that team plasma has been MIA since the non airing, so its still possible for it to air.. of coruse if you saw the episode preview that aired for the episode, youd know why it was "postponed" as they put it in japan..

Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtaylor1 View Post
    Rugrats "The Banister": Banned after Chuckie's head got caught in the banister. I think I saw that episode once when I was little, but Klasky-Csupo had a reason why it was banned. Can't remember. They might've received complaints from parents.
    Maybe I am getting mixed up, but I thought that episode never left the drawing board because Nick thought that little kids will try to put their heads in banisters. It was never made.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors
    Want to read some movie reviews? Check out the blog
    http://animatedmoviegoddess.blogspot.com/

MadMan400096 is offline World War I Flying Ace
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CartoonLover View Post
    • Ren and Stimpy: "Man's Best Friend" - Ren spanking recurring character George Liquor with an oar is what caused the episode to be banned in the U.S.
    There's another episode that Nick refused to air originally: "Sammy and Me". However, according to Speedy, there was nothing redeeming about the episode (I wouldn't know because I never saw it), so maybe it was a blessing in disguise. He even said it was "insulting" in the review he wrote of it and the other R&S episodes that were on the last DVD set (before he changed it for some reason, anyway; maybe review policy changes or him deciding that the episodes weren't as bad as he originally thought, I don't know).

Dantheman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raguoc View Post
    Fairly Odd Parents- Twistory/Hail To The Chief: These episodes were banned because some people felt they poked too much fun at the presidency. Honestly, Twistory should be looked at in a bad way because of its insults to the British. It implies that without America winning the Revolutionary War, the entire world would be stick in the late 18th century. Things like light bulbs and vacuums could clearly have been invented by someone other than their respected creators, American or not.
    There was a Superman Elseworlds annual DC published in the 90s with pretty much the same premise (An ancestor of Superman's flees a destroyed Kypton and lands in 18th century Earth, joins up with the British, and quells the American Revolution) and had the modern-day still somewhat stuck in a 18th-19th century rut, but it was lampshaded as being that the world was held back technologically and scientifically by Kyptonian/British rule.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pokemon: "Beauty and the Beach"
    For the record, this was aired twice on Kids' WB! (June 24, 2000 and August 19, 2000).

Ren and Stimpy: "Man's Best Friend"
    This was aired on TNN in 2003.

Tiny Toon Adventures: "One Beer"
    "Elephant Issues" was aired multiple times in syndication and on Cartoon Network. It was also aired on Fox Kids a few times before it was "banned" by Fox.
    (Insert plug here)

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfDude View Post
    as long as any pokemon used in team rocket vs team plasma doesnt evolve in the show before it airs, they could still fit in in during BW2.. it still possible for them to tweak it to fit in in, so its not fully banned yet.. note that team plasma has been MIA since the non airing, so its still possible for it to air.. of coruse if you saw the episode preview that aired for the episode, youd know why it was "postponed" as they put it in japan..
    I think it's pretty unlikely that any Pokemon evolved in the Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma two-parter. It would have been too difficult to cover that up if anyone from the main cast had an evolved Pokemon, but they weren't able to explain how they suddenly evolved. Even without seeing the episode preview, it was because the events in those episodes involved images of buildings being destroyed and given the earthquake disaster that had hit Japan not too long before the episodes were going to air, it's completely understandable why those episodes were postponed. It's also possible that they knew about this season two for Best Wishes by that point and decided to try and work those two episodes in there instead of doing it earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Erased Paper
    For the record, this was aired twice on Kids' WB! (June 24, 2000 and August 19, 2000)
    I thought that it only aired once. Though, it could be that I only remember watching it on Kids' WB once.

I do know that Cartoon Network banned a couple of Pokemon episodes from airing on their channel. I believe that they were the Holiday Hi-Jynx and The Tower of Terror. They didn't air either one of them due to the racial issues with Jynx's design and the title for the other episode really wouldn't work for post-9/11. I don't think that the Kids' WB aired the episode Tentacool and Tentacruel more than once or twice due to the use of guns and tanks. It wasn't at the level of that Dratini episode, but they were used probably a bit too much for their tastes. Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure that Cartoon Network aired it when they started airing reruns of the first season.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast