Quantcast
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonso Torrejon View Post
    Ben 10: Omniverse:
    Is this a joke? Why would you all hate this installment to the Ben 10 saga? I think it's great. New aliens like Feedback and Bloxx are cool to the core. The voice cast is flawless once again, especially with Steve Blum returning as the voice of Vilgax.
    I haven't heard much of negativity for Omniverse around here, especially compared to the last two Ben 10 series. I've seen much more people enjoying it than any hate for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso Torrejon
    Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated:
    I don't know why people would hate this one. Mixing the dark tone with comedy was pure genius. My favorite characters beside the current Mystery, Inc. is Angel Dynamite (AKA Cassidy Williams). Nice to see the return of The Hex Girls and Vincent Van Ghoul.
    I really don't remember a lot of hatred for Mystery Incorporated either. I don't think it was as liked as much as say Omniverse has been, but there were plenty of people who enjoyed it around here, myself included. I thought that it was the best Scooby Doo series, having an on-going mystery was a fantastic choice, the darker moments helped to make it stand out and it had a satisfying finale. So, I don't think it's one of those shows that tends to get more hate than anything else.

CoolEric158 is online now He's excited.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know this sounds strange, but I feel like the only one who enjoys Legend of Korra. It honestly feels like three fourths of the people who watch it, only watch it to make fun of it. Not to say their criticisms are invalid, and I admit to only see the first half of both seasons but in my opinion, it still is very strong. While the romance angle given to the series is dumb and poorly-handled, other relationships do work well, like Korra and Tenzin's and Lin and Tenzin's. Korra and Tenzin are great characters, Lin and Varrick are awesome, the animation is jaw-dropping, it's funny, and it's just a crazy ride. Is it flawed? Yes. Is it worse than A:TLA? Definitely. But if you look past some issues, you still get an entertaining world and characters to enjoy.
    I'm that guy who looked at you funny yesterday! In case you were curious.
    My Twitter
    My Tumblr
    My Youtube Channel
    Ask Me Anything
    Also, head over to Cartoon Nation

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolEric158 View Post
    I know this sounds strange, but I feel like the only one who enjoys Legend of Korra. It honestly feels like three fourths of the people who watch it, only watch it to make fun of it. Not to say their criticisms are invalid, and I admit to only see the first half of both seasons but in my opinion, it still is very strong. While the romance angle given to the series is dumb and poorly-handled, other relationships do work well, like Korra and Tenzin's and Lin and Tenzin's. Korra and Tenzin are great characters, Lin and Varrick are awesome, the animation is jaw-dropping, it's funny, and it's just a crazy ride. Is it flawed? Yes. Is it worse than A:TLA? Definitely. But if you look past some issues, you still get an entertaining world and characters to enjoy.
    Agreed. We Westerners could still use some overall better action fare nowadays...
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...er-d7z3tj2.png
    BEWARE PANDERING ALWAYS. It leads to fascism.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon4Thought View Post
    I always thought Phineas and Ferb was best in moderation, even from the beginning. When I do watch it every now and then, I often enjoy many things about it, but it can get tiring if I take particularly huge doses of it. I do have problems with Candace though, mostly because she carries a cliche I can't stand (which, thankfully, more recent episodes are drifting away from more). However, I do like the show overall.
    In the earlier episodes, it seems that despite the fact that Phineas and Ferb were supposed to be the main characters, Candace was actually the main character as alot of episode plots focused on her. I'm one of those fans that's sad that they decided to put less focus on her as she is actually my favorite. I personally don't think she's that stereotypical but as I've said, everyone's entitled to an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pac-Attack View Post
    Cartoons people like:

*Phineas and Ferb: I gave this show a shot, and I liked it. But after a few months, I got tired of it and the characters got very annoying (which is my main gripe with the show).
    That's actually one of the major complaints about the show (the characters) which I addressed earlier on.

Anyway, another cartoon that people hate:
    All Grown Up (sort of): Okay, I have a love/dislike relationship with this show. The show would have been decent had it not been the Rugrats characters and while I used to hate it, looking back it's not so bad. It's a watchable slice of life show. But my main gripe with it is that they decided to age the Rugrats. While people were getting tired of the original show at this point, I don't think making this spin-off helped and the fact that it was sometimes mean-spirited in later seasons (Not as much as post cancellation SpongeBob though). But on it's own, it's not that bad of a show and I certainly wouldn't mind watching it every now and then.

Cartoons people like:

SpongeBob SquarePants (Seasons 4 and beyond): Horrible beyond belief! Almost all of the characters have been derailed, the show's humor in earlier seasons is no longer present/hardly shows and it just seems like a vehicle for the writers to make as much grossout jokes as possible.

JTMarsh is offline Wing Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shows everyone else likes/loves that I don't -

"Young Justice"
    was a show I really wanted to like and there were things in it and about it that I did like - the animation was beautiful and it had a pretty solid voice cast (even though I couldn't take Phil Lamarr seriously as Aquaman and I felt Nolan North was badly miscast as Superman - the 4 or 5 times he actually spoke in the role he just came off sounding weak and ineffectual, not to mention bored; easily Superman's worst casting voice wise) - but there was something in this show's writing that just didn't click with me, and after a while I just gave up because I couldn't get emotionally invested in the majority of the characters (Superboy and Ms. Martian in particular were just too annoying) or the big scary "the villains of the Light always Win" plot that hovered over them. Cartoon Network's bizarre determination to sabotage and destroy the show from the beginning with bad scheduling didn't help.

I know there's a pretty big sector of fans out there who still like/love the various incarnations of the old "Super-Friends" cartoons, but I honestly can't stand that incarnation of DC's superheroes. Bad animation, bland writing, lame plots, laughable villains, heroes being punked in the most spectacularly ludicrous and ridiculous manner imaginable (a friend of mine - who I won't name - who can't stop bashing the DCAU for its inconsistent treatment of Superman's power levels & insists Bruce Timm "ruined Superman for a generation" says we won't bash Super-Friends for its even more ridiculously inconsistent depiction of Superman's power levels - along with everyone else - simply because "it was made in a different time period" which I think is a pretty weak reason for not criticizing such a glaring flaw), hammy voice acting, and not even the "so bad it's good" variety that you can find in shows like the original "Space Ghost"... bleh, this one requires only for fans with a lot of nostalgia.

"Wolverine & The X-Men" ​ may not necessarily belong here since I've seen others who didn't like the series, but I've also seen reviews on various sites - professional and non-professional - and even some here who insist it was "the perfect X-Men series" and "one of the best shows Marvel had in years". I find that hard to agree with myself. Even if I didn't dislike Wolverine it was hard to like a show where the guys who are supposed to be our heroes are little more than background scenery (flat characters at best, unlikable jerks at worst) and the big bad plot revolves around a rather dull retread of Days of Future Past. Maybe the Age of Apocalypse adaptation slated for the abandoned season 2 would have juiced things up but I doubt it.

And as blasphemous as it sounds I never really cared for "Animaniacs". I just didn't find it to be all that funny.
    Last edited by JTMarsh; 03-08-2014 at 10:24 PM.

fsaenz0125 is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know it's the not the whole run in all these shows, but I'm one of the few TV reviewers that seems to enjoy the newer episodes of long runners (that went on goes longer than a decade): Simpsons (because I can;t say that old Simpsons was better, I hadn't even seen enough old episodes), Family Guy (it still entertaining to me), and SpongeBob (same reason as FG).

As for hated shows that I enjoyed are:
    Uncle Grandpa (I like it cause it's crazy in a funny way, though it's decent but it will NOT beat Regular Show as the best modern CN show)
    Fish hooks (somewhat, DC doesn;t even air it that, I only watch it on YouTube. I sort liked it cause it's a weird show like UG. Lots of people see this as a ripoff of SpongeBob, but I don't see it.
    CatDog: As mean-spirited the show was, it has its good moments and I thought it was a great show.

Magic Song is offline TwilightSparkleandRavenRo th <3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't figure out why everybody likes My Little Pony: Rainbow Rocks. It's much worse than Equestria Girls and a downright insult to the show! Also, why does everybody else hate the Annoying Orange?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678