Quantcast
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Itchy is offline Scratchy's enemy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Juneau View Post
    The New Adventures of Lucky Luke: After many fails into made the lonesome cowboy into a TV series (Whatever is animated or live-action, they are weak at best), the 2001-2003's Xilam combine to be the show i want to see of Morris' character through my childhood. A series which try to catch the spirit of the original comics and have plots which can be aim to everyone. While it's far to be perfect (There's some characters appeared in the comics which their names was changed for no reasons.), the lasts episodes are among the best of the bunch while the firsts episodes are the least remarkable. And this is by Morris supervision this series was produced before his death months before the firsts runs. A great show which 10 years later, i still enjoy for what it looks but that the Xilam peoples no longer shows respect in their spin-offs than in this final series from the good Xilam days.
    Heh, didn't knew that Lucky Luke show was disliked. If so, then count me in as one of those who liked it. I thought it was a very good adaptation of the old comics. The animation and voiceacting was great and they did a excellent job of making the artstyle very reminiscent of the one from the comics. Also loved the Go West movie that was animated by the same company if I recall right.

Martin Juneau is offline Cartoon/comic-artist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
    Heh, didn't knew that Lucky Luke show was disliked. If so, then count me in as one of those who liked it. I thought it was a very good adaptation of the old comics. The animation and voiceacting was great and they did a excellent job of making the artstyle very reminiscent of the one from the comics. Also loved the Go West movie that was animated by the same company if I recall right.
    I can't tell you if it was disliked or not but the 2001's series was a lovely presentation of Morris' characters. What i liked from the series is the Xilam producers and writers did a amount of good effort for respected the spirit of the originals comics and for one time, it works! Sadly, for most peoples who have fond memories of this show, it's not this adaptation, but the 1980's/1990's cartoons series they remembered (One is made by Gaumont/Hanna-Barbera and the other by a France studio which the production was castrate to the cheapness.). As a Francophone myself, this is a favorite of mine. Those who have read all the time the original comics series will probably have some gripes into this TV series, even.

For Go West. Sorry but i didn't like it so much. The story is inconherent and are just limited to add jokes in every minutes. Shame that the only great moment of this picture is the Morris and René Gosciny caricatures like hotels managers.
    Last edited by Martin Juneau; 05-04-2012 at 08:51 AM.
    I like any kinds of arts forms who exist, but the ones who catch my attention is the ones i mostly care.

rattis1 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TenPoundHammer View Post
    * The Simpsons. I'm sorry, but the fact that they're the color of French's mustard is just off-putting. I'm a visual guy, so if a show looks bad, that sometimes makes it hard for me to like it. I don't like the voice acting either — many of them are just grating. Nor do I like Homer as a character; I generally dislike "dumb" characters. Granted, I've seen only a handful of episodes, but I don't recall ever laughing or even smiling once.
    If you've really only seen a handfull of episodes and didn't even smile once then there is a very high risk that those episodes you saw are from the post-season 9 era, which not even Simspons-fans tend to like. You MUST make sure to watch at least one episode from the season 3-8 era (known to fans of the series "Golden age") before you decide whether the show is anny good/funny or not. Because honestly, the difference between those seasons and the seasons afterwards are so big that it almost feels like two completely different shows that just happens to feature characters that looks the same...

Kevin the Geek is offline Golem fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One show I like that everyone else seems to hate is Wedding Peach.

Most people tend to view this show as the redheaded stepchild of magical girl anime series. While it's not the best show ever made, I do enjoy this series. I even think this show does some things better than Sailor Moon, like I think the main character of Wedding Peach, Momoko, is more likable than Usagi.
    My DVD/Blu-ray collection: http://kevin-the-geek.filmaf.com/

Formerly known as Comic Guy

TenPoundHammer is offline Wanna be on Wheel of Fortune
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattis1 View Post
    If you've really only seen a handfull of episodes and didn't even smile once then there is a very high risk that those episodes you saw are from the post-season 9 era, which not even Simspons-fans tend to like. You MUST make sure to watch at least one episode from the season 3-8 era (known to fans of the series "Golden age") before you decide whether the show is anny good/funny or not. Because honestly, the difference between those seasons and the seasons afterwards are so big that it almost feels like two completely different shows that just happens to feature characters that looks the same...

I have seen some of the Golden Age episodes and they still did little for me. Furthermore, i just find the show to be visually unappealing.
    My Twitter

We'll leave the light on for you.

http://tehshigelisok.deviantart.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here is one show I got that is sometimes frowned by some hardcore animation buffs, epsecially when I mention a specfiic episode. Well, it was more of a Golden Age theatrical cartoon series like or . The early ones where there was a choice between sound and silent were great for them, but people began hating the

Screen Songs - Sure it's probably the most formulaic series Famous Studios cranked up, even worse than Casper and all of the others in the Harveytoon package (plus including 50's Famous Popeye), but you got to look at it's novel idea- several gags and then a character (or in the black-and-white Fleischer ones, a popular singer), asks the audience the famous phraase "Follow the Bouncing Ball" you're in for a musicial treat. It's historically important due to the string of imitators that followed even in the 40's hiatus, the introduction/demonstration of sound before Mickey Mouse's "Steamboat Willie", and the many videos it inspired. Name me sing-along video series that was partially inspired by the Screen Songs.....

bobbybop is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sonic x
    I dont get why thete was hate for this show. I liked it

Voice Boss is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lately I've been on a huge Terrytoons kick. I recently broke out dozens of VHS tapes and have been enjoying hours of classic cartoons. I never understood why these cartoons are often belittled by animation historians.

As for cartoons that everyone else likes and I don't pretty much any Anime (I prefer the term "Japanamation") While I enjoyed series like Voltron, and Star Blazers all the shows of today are pretty much the same thing: two guys playing a game with monsters. I can't stomach it anymore.

rattis1 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice Boss View Post
    all the shows of today are pretty much the same thing: two guys playing a game with monsters. I can't stomach it anymore.
    The vast majority of modern anime series are nothing like that, it's just that those darn "games with monsters"-shows are the only modern anime that gets shown on TV here in the west...

Bakertoons is offline Don't break a Pinkie Promise.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice Boss View Post
    Lately I've been on a huge Terrytoons kick. I recently broke out dozens of VHS tapes and have been enjoying hours of classic cartoons. I never understood why these cartoons are often belittled by animation historians.
    I'm a big fan of the brief period when Gene Deitch took over. Lots of stylish cartoons in that era. And "Tom Terrific" is a pretty good kids cartoon as well.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast