Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Neo Ultra Mike is online now Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Well glad to see we're at least ending this run after all the somewhat toned down poop jokes, elderly TV jewelry buying, internet memes, jewish bigfoot reality, Bully prevention videos, and surviving ziplining with what I believe Matt and Trey call a "Peanuts" episode. Where it isn't about any actual current ongoing issues or big events or major spoofs but rather just little adventures with the boys. And in this case Cartman trying to hook up new girl Nicole with Token believing everyone of the same race should be together. On one hand that's usual Cartman awful but actually... it's actually pretty nice for Cartman. I mean yeah he is trying to force people to be together but it is because he wants the two of them to be happy and did seem actually sad when they broke up before getting them back together. Besides though obviously Cartman didn't get it the message is obviously about if you love someone skin doesn't matter and even if it seems cliche for a black girl to end up with a black guy there isn't anything wrong with that if the two love each other and aren't together just for that reason. Plus it's nice to see a more positive Token episode since when he usually does get screen time it's to make a point about his race anyway (like "Funnybot") so glad to see him hook up with a good girl. I also liked the continuity nods as well with Wendy mentioning she had dated Token for awhile (from "Raisins") and Kyle's love of Basketball (From "Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina").

And in addition there were a lot of good jokes. Butters running all the way down the hallway to inform everyone there's a new girl, instantly telling Token he should be with Nicole (I admit I thought there would be a Token and Nicole relationship as well just after seeing her so I guess maybe I'm a bit racist in that regard), Mr. Garrison's class discussing Game of Thrones's plot (it's a nice reminder of when Garrison wouldn't teach the boys anything besides about TV shows and actors that kids wouldn't actually know), Cartman trying to get Token to flirt back with Nicole, Cartman pretending he and Kyle are a gay couple to Nicole and that being a runner (it's even funnier since Kyle/Cartman is such a popular slash couple and this just feeds the fire just like the whole Kyle/Cartman plot from "Imagationland" did that), Cartman stalking Nicole and Token in their romance montage, Cartman's angel side only he could see (mostly for the joke about the angel side using the bathroom and Cartman beating it up and then him being set up at the end), Nicole's father being against Nicole and Token and the white meat line, Token thinking Kyle was hitting on him, the laxitive commerical being what got Cartman to try saving their relationship. Cartman singing about him and Kyle being together, and the Batmobile diversion working twice. So yeah very good stuff and definetly one of the best episodes of this season. Hope the next half of season 16 has some even better eps that mix normal ones like this with parody ones that hopefully will spoof more then just reality TV shows.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was kind of surprised to see South Park tackle the issue of two characters/people of the same race being forced into a romantic relationship because their skin is the same color. It's funny considering the debate going on with the Aqualad/Rocket pairing over in Young Justice.

I thought this episode explored the idea well, I was amused by Nichole's parents, and I liked that Nichole and Token really did come to like each other despite initially avoiding each other simply because it'd be stereotypical.

Cartman was also funny, particularly with Cupid Cartman, which was...a little disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Ultra Mike View Post
    Butters running all the way down the hallway to inform everyone there's a new girl, instantly telling Token he should be with Nicole (I admit I thought there would be a Token and Nicole relationship as well just after seeing her so I guess maybe I'm a bit racist in that regard)
    Nah, you just know the show well enough to know that they won't introduce a new, black character without using that in the plot.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12