Follow Us:
    Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

South Park - "I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining" - Talkback [4/18]

Like This Thread!

Episode 229: "I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining"

A new episode airs tonight at 10 PM Eastern. Here is the synopsis:

The boys try zip-lining in the Colorado mountains on the last day of spring break.

TnAdct1 is offline !!!!!!!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...and I turned this episode off after the first act.

Do we really need yet another bland reality show parody?
    Joe Klemm
    Toon Addict for Life and "gated community" member since August, 2002.

"ph34r t3h cute ones" -Megatokyo

bluenowait is offline Hootenanny
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All right, which basic cable reality show are they pastiching this week?
    t(ò_ót) Double Deuce!

Nel_Annette is offline Go green!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
    ...and I turned this episode off after the first act.

Do we really need yet another bland reality show parody?
    Yes, because this was really freaking funny. Maybe because it's kind of relatable to me, personally. And I nearly died laughing at the live-action segment. Long story short, I enjoyed it. Also liked the call back to last week.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know I've said this before but this episode makes it obvious how most TV show parodies Matt and Trey do lately is reality TV show parodies. Since it seems like they only watch reality TV shows. Ghost Hunters, The Deadliest Catch, Bigfoot Hunters, Hell's Kitchen, Jersey Shore and now... whatever the parody of this is. Really can't they step out of that genre and go to something else? It's kind of tiring now. But I do have to admit something: though this isn't my favorite of the run I still think this is a pretty good episode and I'll try and give a few reasons on this.

- First off this is a return to something we haven't seen that much of lately: all the boys on the same wavelength being bored on the same idea. We've had them on board on the same idea with "Faith Hilling" but that was more doing a meme. And here it's wanting to go ziplining and being bored due to the safety videos, the annoying tour group, the ride up and just the general tedium of ziplining. Maybe it's also based on an expierence M&T went through: thinking something would be "really sweet" and then being bummed on how lame it was. Seems like this is something that could of been based on and I liked the fake outs thinking this was a terrible expierence but it just being a tedious one. That actually worked, mainly due to them actually getting a narrator who WASN'T just Matt and Trey and him talking about Kyle having to be forced to smile or Stan holding the truth from the others. Cartman and the crapping got old but it could of been more overplayed then it was and thankful that it didn't just become the one joke.

- I also like the idea of this being more Stan's fault. Yeah I know the last episode also portrayed him in a bad light (and the ending here refrences that one though like other refrences the second one is actually funnier then the first) but this seemed at least more logical. Him wanting an IPod and suggesting ziplining since hey he was there too and he didn't know how bad it would be. It makes much more sense then "Stan wanting to become popular and successful so he writes an anti bullying movie" like they had last week. Plus I don't know if it was intentional or not but nice how the Cartman and Kyle tension didn't just have him calling out Kyle for being a jew as if "Jewpacabra" is still in play with their relationship.

- Plus I think they did actually nail down the actual boredom well without going overboard. With the stupid man who had to keep asking and wanting to extend the tour or the old couple who kept saying "long story short" but still had a really long story. I think we've all been in situations like that and the boy's annoyance felt more geunine then it has in other episodes. With them quickly pointing out the stupidity but having to grin and bear it anyway.

- Though really what makes this worthwhile is the whole reeanactment bits with the life action version of the boys. I espiecally liked how they didn't even bother getting a mask to cover up life action Kenny (and nice using the they killed Kenny gag on him in life action not even really looking dead) as well as Cartman's actor and the ending with Mr. Hankey saving the boys and refrencing "Red Sleigh Down" with the Poo Choo Train. That enough is worth the price of the rest of the episode.

Overall I did actually enjoy a good amount of this episode and how it was paced and styled and besides a couple of overlong done gags and really hoping this will be M&T's last reality show episode for the season, don't have any real complaints about it. "Jewpacabra's" still my favorite but this one may be second best of season 16 so far IMHO.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

Toonatic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode was definitely a winner! I really love that was a parody of a reality show which was perfect framework for this episode and the live-action re-enactment in the 2-3rd acts (one scene, I won't spoil it for anymore, cracked me up). It's safe to say South Park got it's groove back "A+" for this one!

Lonestarr is offline Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, it's another reality show parody. I can forgive anything about a show if it's funny. This episode was hilarious. It just got better and better.

BTW, the narrator sounded a good deal like Jim "Behind the Music" Forbes. Any idea who it was?
    I feel that a big problem with today's society is that we don't listen to our fellow man -- especially when I'm talking.
    "Never be afraid to borrow from those wiser than yourself." - Mr. Jimmy (voice of David Arquette) on "Pelswick"
    "What do I care what some yahoo like Lonestarr posts on the internet?" - President Skroob (voice of Mel Brooks) on "Spaceballs: the Series"
    Links in a chain: DeviantArt | Fanfiction.net | Mr. Cellophane

Radical is offline The Face of Evilness & Sadism!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Super hilarious episode,

The highlights:
    It's a parody of I Shouldn't Be Alive, sweet, I love it when they do reality show parodies after the epic/funny Ghost Hunters/The Deadliest Catch/Jersey Shore/Bigfoot Hunters parody episodes.
    The interview parts with Stan/Kyle/Eric, nice.
    Eric ripping on Kenny with herbies, hahahahaha.
    Stan/Kyle/Eric/Kenny wanting to go ziplining.
    Stan/Kyle/Eric/Kenny getting bored of annoying tour groups, safety videos, a ride up, and the general tedium of ziplining, hahahahahaha.
    Stan/Kyle/Eric/Kenny's "inside their body" scenes was kind of unnecessary.
    Stan/Kyle/Eric/Kenny bummed on how lame ziplining was while going through the torture, hahahahaha.
    Eric/Kyle fighting, Eric is so horrible on always blaming his friends, hehehe.
    Eric getting sick from the Mountain Dew.
    Stan/Kyle/Kenny/Eric going trapped in another boring annoying tour group on horseback riding, hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
    The live-action re-enactment scenes of Stan/Kyle/Eric/Kenny was pretty hilarious.
    Live-action Kenny didn't had the hood covering his face or mask, wooooow.
    Live-action Eric's diarrhea explosion/crapping in the sea, hahahahahaha.
    They all got herbies, hehehe.
    Live-action Kenny died of boredom, hahahahaha, nice to see the dying Kenny gag again, but they use it in live-action mode, nice.
    It's poor Stan's fault again like in Butterballs.
    Cool to see Mr. Hankey who saved Stan/Kyle/Eric/dead Kenny's lives.
    Mr. Hankey's poop helicopter/poop airplane/Poo Choo Train, so gross/funny.
    Eric getting a cold sore.
    Stan doing an Awareness video along with him going to San Diego again referencing the ending from Butterballs, hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
    Eric drinking Diet Dew, hehehe.
    Last edited by Radical; 04-19-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Toonatic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarr View Post
    BTW, the narrator sounded a good deal like Jim "Behind the Music" Forbes. Any idea who it was?

I saw the credits and it was Eric Meyers. Don't know if that's the same Eric Meyers who voiced Henry the Lizard from Amazing Animals.

EDIT: Yep. It's the same Eric Meyers who voiced Henry the Lizard. He's also the narrator for I Shouldn't Be Alive.
    Last edited by Toonatic; 04-19-2012 at 02:33 PM.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watch again and it was not bad, i like how the guys where exciting until they realize how bad zip line is and the other stuff they have done. My fav parts where Cartman drinking Mountain Dew and the live action scene. A bit weird but that's what you expect on SP is the appearance of Mr. Hankey on saving them and was funny how he left Kenny death body where his parents see him XD.

I do agree with Neo that it's getting boring the whole reality shows parodies, they can come up with something else like Randy or the boys becoming Bronies because of My Little Pony or making fun of Michael Bay with his involment on TMNT or make fun of the whole Jessica Nigri outfit getting kick out from Pax but i did enjoyed this episode and i agree that it does make you mad with people when you want to do something, you need to go with other people you don't know and there's the typical jerk who ask questions and how people say "To make a long story sort" it doesn't happen, they continue talking.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like you want South Park to be more nerdy esoteric King of Doom .
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Sounds like you want South Park to be more nerdy esoteric King of Doom .
    At least better then reality show .
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Luna is offline Daydreamer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not bad...I liked the live-action scenes with adult males playing the boys,and the return of the "Mr. Hankey" character the most...
    "Yeah,well,I've got a dream too.But it's about singing and dancing and making people happy.That's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with.And well,I've found a whole bunch of friends who have the same dream.And it kind of makes us like a family." -Kermit the Frog (The Muppet Movie)