Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pogorikifan24 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A New Saturday Morning Cartoon Block to start in June 2nd!

Like This Thread!
    Response from ATX (on The Hub's Facebook):

We'd like to announce a key piece of fun family friendly programming, for kids of all ages, Hasbro Studios and The Hub are presenting the Saturday Morning Cartoon Block on June 2nd.

It will be confirm to be a new saturday morning cartoon block, and will be on the same day (so far) as Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters! But what are your thoughts about it so far? And what shows do you think could be part of it (Except the current hasbro shows like Transformers: Prime, and MLP: FIM)?
    Last edited by Pogorikifan24; 04-13-2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: To fix The Whole Kaijudo name, i mistaked it as Redekai.i

bobbybop is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it's kaijudo rise of the duel masters not redekai

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbybop View Post
    it's kaijudo rise of the duel masters not redekai
    Oops, my mistake. ^_^ I think i didnt know a bit. But i fixed it.

Toonatic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I like to see Kenny The Shark, Tutenstein, and Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog to be on the new block. Maybe Bonkers too (I hope).
    Last edited by Toonatic; 04-21-2012 at 01:13 AM.

Silverstar is online now Comfortably Dumb
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    A Facebook page isn't always the most credible source of info. Until we get some official word or press from Hasbro themselves about a new SatAM block, this is a rumor, not a report.

That said, Ideally, I'd like for said block to consist of entirely NEW shows and not just a bunch of acquisitions of canceled shows that we've already seen elsewhere. To make an announcement of a new SatAM block and then just have it be reruns would be anticlimactic. But this block wasn't mentioned in The Hub's Upfront so I'm guessing that it won't be never before seen shows. At the very least, the shows on said block should be exclusive to this block and not just the same shows you can see any other time on the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonatic
    Well, I like to see Kenny The Shark, Tutenstein, and Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog to be on the new block.
    Anything's possible of course, but I'm not really seeing any of those. Kenny the Shark and Tutenstein are former Discovery Kids shows, which The Hub only airs during graveyard hours now. What would be the incentive of moving them to a peak viewing time like Saturday morning (unless there's been a ton of requests from viewers to re-air those shows in a more desirable time slot)? Similarly I wouldn't bet danger money on Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog coming to The Hub. Sonic isn't one of Hasbro's properties, nor is that particular show in huge demand. (Many folks regard Adventures of Sonic as simply "that other Sonic cartoon".) Beyond the obvious name recognition, what would be Hasbro's incentive to acquire it?
    Last edited by Silverstar; 04-22-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

TheFZAtUGSOnline is offline Galactic Guardian since 2010
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It would be great if AoStH gets screentime on the Hub, but i rather see Jem and 'Betty return along with another forgotten show: recall Static Shock? (i might see that show return sometime... its been a while)
    --The FZ
    You know the rest...
    I'm out!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFZAtUGSOnline View Post
    It would be great if AoStH gets screentime on the Hub, but i rather see Jem and 'Betty return along with another forgotten show: recall Static Shock? (i might see that show return sometime... its been a while)
    Jem and Atomic Betty I can see, but again, what would be Hasbro's incentive to acquire Static Shock? SS is a dead franchise with no successful toy line. Hasbro has a stake in carrying Men in Black, Super Hero Squad and Batman Beyond, since Hasbro produced or still produces the toy lines attached to those shows and 2 of them (SHS and MiB) are still active franchises (in the case of MiB, its' animated series is done, but a 3rd MiB movie is forthcoming). Plus all of those now irrelevant celebrity guest appearances by the likes of B2K, AJ of the Backstreet Boys and Li'l Bow Wow would just make the show look dated now.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well for me, i can see Xailon Showdown to be on soon, because Wizards of the Coast (which hasbro owns) are the people who made the Training Card game about it, and also its not a dead franchise anymore because of Xaolin Chronicles now in production. It would be nice to be part of it for its line-up just for the wait of Chronicles to be out. Again, i could be wrong.. but its just me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogorikifan24 View Post
    Well for me, i can see Xailon Showdown to be on soon, because Wizards of the Coast (which hasbro owns) are the people who made the Training Card game about it,
    Ah, but how long ago was that? And how successful was it? That could be a deal-breaker.

and also its not a dead franchise anymore because of Xaolin Chronicles now in production. It would be nice to be part of it for its line-up just for the wait of Chronicles to be out. Again, i could be wrong.. but its just me.
    Xiaolin Chronicles is still a loooooong way off, though. The series isn't slated to to be ready until spring of 2013. Anyway, since the original Xiaolin was a WBA property, I would guess that the new series is more likely to air on Cartoon Network than The Hub, since CN is in more homes than The Hub, assuming that the show hasn't changed hands and Chronicles is also being produced by Warner Bros., that is.

The only way I could see Hasbro airing the reruns of the original Xiaolin would be if The Hub was also slated to carry Chronicles; Hasbro wouldn't gain anything by cross-promoting a new show that's set to air on a competing network.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 04-17-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Kryten is offline I've been Pony'd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbro View Post
    Jem and Atomic Betty I can see, but again, what would be Hasbro's incentive to acquire Static Shock? SS is a dead franchise with no successful toy line. Hasbro has a stake in carrying Men in Black, Super Hero Squad and Batman Beyond, since Hasbro produced or still produces the toy lines attached to those shows and 2 of them (SHS and MiB) are still active franchises (in the case of MiB, its' animated series is done, but a 3rd MiB movie is forthcoming). Plus all of those now irrelevant celebrity guest appearances by the likes of B2K, AJ of the Backstreet Boys and Li'l Bow Wow would just make the show look dated now.
    ...but you can see Jem. I don't think it's physically possible to be more dated than Jem.
    Now 20% cooler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast