Quantcast
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    After watching South Park many times i should have guessed that Butters grandma is the bully. My fav parts where Cartman talking about girls and their v jay jays, Stan's video along with Cartman singing about v jay jays, Kyle telling Stan why not put the video on the internet, Grandma bullying Butters to the point where she has her own super villain identity, Butters beaten Dr. Oz and finally Butters speech to his grandma of how he's young and living and her being old and will die soon, wow really awesome for Butters to say.

I think like many i didn't like the whole ending, i knew they will explain the whole San Diego thing but that was so random........i was expecting something more like Stan learning that instead of helping Butters the fame got into him and what they usually say "you know i learn something today" yet we see everyone bash at Stan and he goes to San Diego it was really pointless.

Overall not a bad episode just the ending could have been better.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

ABrown is offline Father of twin boys
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I knew as soon as the video started that Cartman was gonna have something ridiculous like he had. I have absolutely no idea what the ending what all about.

Nel_Annette is offline Go green!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
    I knew as soon as the video started that Cartman was gonna have something ridiculous like he had. I have absolutely no idea what the ending what all about.
    It's referring to what one of the guys who made the Kony 2012 (Jason Russell) video was doing in San Francisco, which got him arrested and created further controversy for the film several weeks ago. Except they showed it through a wacky musical number, which probably made the reference completely lost on the majority of the audience. XD

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Also, I just found out now the school video was a parody of this:

I doubt anybody really got this reference....
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Why are so many TV romances so terrible? Why do writers pair up the wrong couples time and time again? This week we analyze why Love Is Hard -- and come up with a solution to make it softer!

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I thought this episode was hilarious. I was a little surprised by some of the commentary with Matt and Trey's own issues with the MPAA, but whatever I thought it was fun.

My personal favorite moment of the episode, when Mr. Macky is asked what he thinks about bullying and he kind of drags out the "Bullying is bad . . . m'kay," line more than usual. Almost like how he's self-aware of the punchline and doesn't want to deliver it.

The reason I liked the episode and I hope no one gets offended here is this. The recent anti-bullying phenomenon that Hollywood is embracing has become IMHO tiresome and phony to me. Sort of like there is something really wrong about the whole KONY movement and then you have that dude "suffering from exhaustion" and going nuts naked on the street. Sorry that guy was not exhausted and upset. He was tripping on drugs. And I refuse to believe it was anything else. And the reason I liked the episode is that the episode sort of says those things are niggling in the back of your head and that is why I love South Park. It doesn't pull punches, it puts it out there and it's a cathartic experience. The show gets it out of your head and then you can let it go and move on.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    originally posted by TheVileOne
    I thought this episode was hilarious. I was a little surprised by some of the commentary with Matt and Trey's own issues with the MPAA, but whatever I thought it was fun.
    Well I don't know I think it makes sense here.

1. The South Park movie specifically AIMED to get an R-rating even though the studio heads asked Matt and Trey to make it PG-13 to try and get more people to watch it. Yeah they had a message in their movie but they weren't going to try aiming for a lighter number just so everyone has to go and watch it.

2. Even in the episodes of the show that really tried pushing the envelope or being controversial, they weren't trying to sell you them being dirty. You can watch South Park on TV or online for free which is really the point I think they're trying to make about the MPAA thing: if you don't want to deal with editing the content and want EVERYONE to be able to watch it (as that's something that has been said several times about the Bully movie that it's a must see for everyone regardless of the language) make it available for free online and don't try making it a movie. Especially since well Bully is more a documentary anyway and not a real theater experience. So really I think they're saying just run it online (with ads if they want to make money) if they're going to constantly try and get the rating of the movie changed but it will always be an R in the cinemas. Which I think makes sense with M&T's morals.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    Also, I just found out now the school video was a parody of this:

Thanx for showing it, i was trying to find where they parody the music video from and i also notice that they even capture how Stan sounds when he was talking to Jimmy and Clyde, i just laugh at that part and i was wondering why stan made that sound.

Honestly i like SP version more, aside of the nice scene where it shows all the kids of South Park Elementary, the song is very catchy especially when Cartman sings XD.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Ultra Mike View Post
    Well I don't know I think it makes sense here.

1. The South Park movie specifically AIMED to get an R-rating even though the studio heads asked Matt and Trey to make it PG-13 to try and get more people to watch it. Yeah they had a message in their movie but they weren't going to try aiming for a lighter number just so everyone has to go and watch it.

2. Even in the episodes of the show that really tried pushing the envelope or being controversial, they weren't trying to sell you them being dirty. You can watch South Park on TV or online for free which is really the point I think they're trying to make about the MPAA thing: if you don't want to deal with editing the content and want EVERYONE to be able to watch it (as that's something that has been said several times about the Bully movie that it's a must see for everyone regardless of the language) make it available for free online and don't try making it a movie. Especially since well Bully is more a documentary anyway and not a real theater experience. So really I think they're saying just run it online (with ads if they want to make money) if they're going to constantly try and get the rating of the movie changed but it will always be an R in the cinemas. Which I think makes sense with M&T's morals.
    I understand the argument, but I'm still surprised in the sense of how they generally like to stick it to the MPAA and how how foolish they are as a regulating body and ratings board.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heh, okay, I have to admit, I laughed at all the bathroom scenes. I also dug Stan's delivery and Butters' grandmother (even being her own supervillain). I had to look up the Kony 2012 reference, but I still found the ending funny. I liked the inclusion of so much of San Diego, makes me want to go visit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I loved how that studio exec called out that one guy for having Captain Kangaroo hair! .
    That cracked me up, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    I didn't get the reference. Thanks for sharing, MI.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

HomeMoviesFan is offline I have a nemesis!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    I understand the argument, but I'm still surprised in the sense of how they generally like to stick it to the MPAA and how how foolish they are as a regulating body and ratings board.
    Their point isn't to stick it to the MPAA, it's to stick it to the Weinstein Company. While the MPAA has obvious faults in their draconian "profanity = stricter rating" bylaws, the Weinsteins are throwing a fit over this because it apparently "needs to be seen by every kid in America", and thus be PG-13. Which of course is ridiculous, and M&T being the cynics they are see it as a ploy for money. Their point is that if it really is that important then it should be on the internet for free. But, just like Kony, it's mostly victimization for profit.

So basically while the MPAA are turds as usual, the Weinstein Company are probably even bigger turds in the situation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123