Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tobias is offline Who you gonna call?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Is that ending supposed to be a parody of something? Or was just a random ending because they couldn't find a real ending to Stan's subplot?

TnAdct1 is offline !!!!!!!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Is that ending supposed to be a parody of something? Or was just a random ending because they couldn't find a real ending to Stan's subplot?
    The ending is pretty much a parody of what actually happened to the director of Kony 2012.
    Joe Klemm
    Toon Addict for Life and "gated community" member since August, 2002.

"ph34r t3h cute ones" -Megatokyo

Dantheman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
    The ending is pretty much a parody of what actually happened to the director of Kony 2012.
    I didn't get it at first, but then I realized that's what pretty much happened to the guy who made Kony 2012, and I was like, "Okay, you got me".

Some other bits:

I loved how that studio exec called out that one guy for having Captain Kangaroo hair!

Something tells me that one bit where Kyle tells Stan that if he really thinks every kid in America should see his anti-bulling video, then he should just put it on the Internet for free was Matt and Trey's way of sending a message to the "Bully" filmmakers, considering their own history with the MPAA.

Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Something tells me that one bit where Kyle tells Stan that if he really thinks every kid in America should see his anti-bulling video, then he should just put it on the Internet for free was Matt and Trey's way of sending a message to the "Bully" filmmakers, considering their own history with the MPAA.
    Something tells you? It wasn't all that subtle, lol.
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

Luna is offline Daydreamer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To be honest,the only part of the episode I liked was Butters final speech to his grandmother (who was bullying him)...He points out that life can be hard when you get bullied,especially when you're kid,but it doesn't last forever...and neither will grandma,who doesn't have too much time left to live,but when she's dying in the hospital,with tubes up her nose,he'll visit her...and he'll still have his whole life to live,and she'll still die...
    IMO,good riddance,you evil,old bat (OK,it may have been an extremely misguided attempt to toughen Butters up,but still,it was way too extreme..especially the reveal of her having her own supervillain costume like Butters' Professor Chaos...eww)...it's sorta sad that Butters has such jerky relatives...
    "Yeah,well,I've got a dream too.But it's about singing and dancing and making people happy.That's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with.And well,I've found a whole bunch of friends who have the same dream.And it kind of makes us like a family." -Kermit the Frog (The Muppet Movie)

Toonatic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode is pretty better the second time you watch it. Good improvement over last week's I'll tell you that. I give this a "B-", overall pretty good. Also, I don't think Trey and Matt aren't out of ideas just yet. This season got a little rocky I'll admit, but in time it's gonna get better. South Park hasn't failed me yet.

Also, does anyone know who voices Butters' Grandmother?

Nel_Annette is offline Go green!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I found the whole thing hilarious. The music video, Butters' grandmother being a bully, the bathroom scenes one-upping each other in ridiculousness... fantastic episode.

HomeMoviesFan is offline I have a nemesis!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess I must be in the minority because I loved that. I was in tears in the ending.

That was perfect.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There was some positives of this episode as well as some negatives. As others have said a lot of the bullying angles kind of got old after awhile. Well at least in the middle and really I was annoyed at a lot of Butters grandma's bullying gimmicks then laughing. That's defintley a plot that kind of was good in the end and beginning but then petered off some. Also it felt pretty off for Stan of all people to let the fame go to his head. Yeah with Cartman it'd be too obvious he'd have an ulterior motive but I don't know I never saw Stan as the one who would want to gain popularity and let it go to his head. That even seems a bit more Kyle then Stan actually (Kyle's more moral on issues that relate more to him while Stan's more moral on general issues). Also yeah even though knowing it's a Kony 2012 parody didn't care for the ending parody that much as it went on too long and it was hinted at too many times and really did feel like "we don't know how to end this episode so we're just going with this instead."

What are the positives? Well like I said the Butters and Grandma plot worked in some scenes. I liked the reveal that the grandma was the bully and her threathening him and then dressing up as a super villain after seeing his General Chaos costume. Plus I like the end where Butters grew some and realized the reason his grandma became a bully and told her off and just left her speechless at the end realizing she would die alone and empty. That felt like a really cool and powerful moment for Butters so good for him. Plus I did like the video (mostly for Cartman's song and some of the kid cameos like Wendy and Jimmy) as well as one of the bullies actually being Jesus. It's a weird random twist that actually worked. Plus I loved the bit where they addressed the bully movie being something Stan wants everyone to see and Kyle saying if he wants that, why not show it for Free on the internet. Obviously mocking all the controversy the actual Bully Movie has gotten lately. Plus it did at least feel like a complete script (besides the end) and not just one that they milked one or two repeating jokes from it. Still though not nearly as good as last week's SP which is still really funny on repeats while this... well only had moments throughout. Not bad but definitely could of been better.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

Radical is online now The Fastest of the Universe!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome/hilarious episode,

The highlights:
    It bashes on the dangers of bullying, sweet, but there's a whole lot of bullying on the show though.
    Poor Butters has a bully problem.
    Red getting lines/decent role, nice.
    Butters' grandma being the bully for Butters, hahahahaha, I'm surprised it's not a kid bully.
    Sad for Butters to have a jerky family/relatives, Trey/Matt are so evil to him.
    Bucky Bailey the bully on Mr. Mackey, hahahahaha.
    Poor Lorraine.
    Stan's Anti-Bullying music video referencing the Cypress Ranch High School Anti-Bullying music video, sweet.
    Nice to see Timmy, Dog Poo, The Goth Boys/Henrietta, Leroy, and Thad(that guitar boy).
    Eric dressed up as Lady Gaga, hahahahahaha.
    Stan having the fame go to his head like Teenage Ben Tennyson, hahahahaha.
    Butters getting fork stabbed by Butters' grandma, hahahahaha.
    Bucky bullying Stan, hahahahaha.
    Professor Chaos returns, YYEESS!!!!!!!
    Butters' grandma looking disgusting in the supervillainess bikini costume, gross.
    Mick Jabs the studio executive bullying Bucky and saying Captain Kangeroo's hair, hahahahaha.
    Kyle one-upping Stan in the bathroom.
    Stan/Butters look nice in the t-shirts.
    Butters going crazy beating up Dr. OZ, hahahahahaha.
    Mick Jabs getting his butt kicked, hahahahaha.
    The one-upping bathroom scenes were so hilarious, hahahahaha.
    Butters having a Crowning Moment of Awesome saying his final lovely/epic speech to his terrible grandma along with her just desserts, GO BUTTERS:anime:!!!!!!!
    Everyone hating poor Stan, I'm surprised there's no "you know, I learn something today" speech.
    Timmy booing Stan, hahahahaha.
    Stan running away to San Diego.
    That song is so hilarious/disgusting, hahahahahaha.
    Jerry Sanders' lines, hahahahaha.
    The funny messed-up ending is parodying what happened to the director of Kony 2012 Jason Russell, sweet.
    Last edited by Radical; 04-13-2012 at 03:11 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast