Quantcast
    King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

A Question about South Park Parodies

Like This Thread!
    I don't know if it's just me but what i noticed that South Park hasn't made parodies or make fun of SpongeBob and iCarly is it because of Viacom? You would think the guys would do their own Internet show and have a war between other internet sites including iCarly and making fun of them, also have there where other stuff that SP could have made fun but never did?
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Blipsy is offline Tara's been a bad girl
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_of_doom View Post
    I don't know if it's just me but what i noticed that South Park hasn't made parodies or make fun of SpongeBob and iCarly is it because of Viacom? You would think the guys would do their own Internet show and have a war between other internet sites including iCarly and making fun of them, also have there where other stuff that SP could have made fun but never did?
    They made a whole episode basically saying how much they hated Indiana Jones 4, and that's owned by Viacom. They've also mocked Jersey Shore, which is also owned by Viacom. So, I don't think Viacom is stopping them from making parodies of Spongebob or ICarly. My best guess is that Matt & Trey just can't think of anything to mock about those shows, if they even know much about them.

Neo Ultra Mike is online now Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Here's the thing: I don't really think Matt and Trey really watch or try to pay attention to any kids shows that are made today. From what they've said in commentaries and what a lot of the show parodies they do have, seems they mostly just watch reality shows or cooking shows, whether it be ones they love or absolutely hate. Like "The Deadliest Catch" in "Whale Whores" or even the Bigfoot series from the latest episode. I think they only would parody a kids product if it was a music group or a movie since that requires less time and research. Otherwise they probably don't want to bother (since they even seemed annoyed having to watch "High School Musical" as mentioned in the "Elementary School Musical" parody). Besides unless there's an angle they can come up with for the series or it did something news worthy there wouldn't really be a point. Since there was already an episode focused on web show parodies (well at least that was a part of "You Have 0 Friends" anyway, and "Faith Hilling" was making fun of internet memes) what would be the point of having another one focus on that? I mean it's always possible they may do it but I really doubt it at this point especially since I don't think iCarly is even as popular as it was like a couple of years ago even.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Ultra Mike View Post
    Here's the thing: I don't really think Matt and Trey really watch or try to pay attention to any kids shows that are made today. From what they've said in commentaries and what a lot of the show parodies they do have, seems they mostly just watch reality shows or cooking shows, whether it be ones they love or absolutely hate. Like "The Deadliest Catch" in "Whale Whores" or even the Bigfoot series from the latest episode. I think they only would parody a kids product if it was a music group or a movie since that requires less time and research. Otherwise they probably don't want to bother (since they even seemed annoyed having to watch "High School Musical" as mentioned in the "Elementary School Musical" parody). Besides unless there's an angle they can come up with for the series or it did something news worthy there wouldn't really be a point. Since there was already an episode focused on web show parodies (well at least that was a part of "You Have 0 Friends" anyway, and "Faith Hilling" was making fun of internet memes) what would be the point of having another one focus on that? I mean it's always possible they may do it but I really doubt it at this point especially since I don't think iCarly is even as popular as it was like a couple of years ago even.
    That depends since they do watch on what people are talking about lately or what's controversial for example the Human Centipede and the recent references of The Thing.

They have done parody of kids shows like Pokemon and the Smurfs also a few reference of other cartoon shows but minimal like Ben 10 so for me it's odd that they haven't poke fun of SpongeBob.

I don't think a shows need to be popular so they can make fun of it since in the past seasons they had made fun of shows either from old ones to recent ones.

Anyway i was just wondering why they didn't make fun of it when they had a chance where i also ask you if there's something they could have made fun of but they never did.

For example, they could have made fun of My Little Pony and could add that with a topic that's happening yet nothing.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Neo Ultra Mike is online now Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    originally posted by king_of_doom
    That depends since they do watch on what people are talking about lately or what's controversial for example the Human Centipede and the recent references of The Thing.
    Well to be fair the references to those movies aren't even that recent compared to the South Park that would make fun a movie like a week after it comes out. And they still do those references but now I think they sometimes wait a bit more for something that fits (since "THE HUMANCENiPAD" came out like a year after the Human Centipede movie). Besides as I pointed out there's a difference between making fun of a more recent adult movie or a remake of something that's nostalgic to them then actually spending time watching a children's show. I know it seems odd but some adults actually do think they've above watching or liking children's shows. Or at the very least don't get it and I think truthfully Matt and Trey are like that with children shows that come out nowadays.

They have done parody of kids shows like Pokemon and the Smurfs also a few reference of other cartoon shows but minimal like Ben 10 so for me it's odd that they haven't poke fun of SpongeBob.
    Smurfs is an older property and they tied it in with Avatar, and Pokemon was an a major worldwide phenomenon in the late 90's. Which is really what they were parodying more in Chinpokomon and well the fact they didn't even get the show and were confused by the whole premise. And the Ben 10 thing in "you're getting old" is really just a reference to the power of it's toy line not it's shows. Just like how they parodied Power Rangers in "Damien" with the Megaman toys Cartman wanted, except not even to that degree. And really making fun of the mareketability of something is a lot easier then actually making fun of the franchise it comes from sometimes if you don't want to make fun of the franchise.

I don't think a shows need to be popular so they can make fun of it since in the past seasons they had made fun of shows either from old ones to recent ones.
    I know that. I pointed out they made fun of the Bigfoot show last week and that's not too popular. But what I said is it has to be something they would actually watch and know about if you want a full on parody of it. And Matt and Trey seem to watch mostly reality TV shows not Icarly or Spongebob. Really that's something the CN show MAD would (and does) go after, but not something South Park would unless they actually found something interesting to say about it. Which is why they haven't made fun of it yet or never will: they don't care about it enough and don't find anything worth really mocking about and probably just consider it harmless kids show fluff they don't even want to try and know about.

For example, they could have made fun of My Little Pony and could add that with a topic that's happening yet nothing.
    Actually though, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is something I actually see them parodying more. Due to how big a cult audience that has of adult males and how passionate they are about the series. That seems like something SP could mine a lot of jokes out of. Like say make Randy a brony and have to at first hide his love of the show from everyone then come out and admit he loves it as an infestation of bronies takes over South Park or something. That's actually a story I could see them doing and want to know why they haven't gone after it yet.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Ultra Mike View Post

Actually though, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is something I actually see them parodying more. Due to how big a cult audience that has of adult males and how passionate they are about the series. That seems like something SP could mine a lot of jokes out of. Like say make Randy a brony and have to at first hide his love of the show from everyone then come out and admit he loves it as an infestation of bronies takes over South Park or something. That's actually a story I could see them doing and want to know why they haven't gone after it yet.
    lol i would actually see that happening and as i mention it really surprise me that they haven't gone that road yet.