Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    thecoolone is online now Use as directed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NBC to launch new preschool block on July 7th

Like This Thread!

TV by the Numbers has posted a press release by NBC announcing a new Saturday morning preschool block called "NBC kids" produced by PBS Kids Sprout (which NBC/Comcast owns part of) beginning July 7th.

From the press release:
    UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – March 28, 2012 -- NBC will launch NBC Kids, a new Saturday morning programming block designed specifically to address the developmental needs of preschool-aged children, premiering on Saturday, July 7. Programmed by the kids experts at Sprout, the nation's first 24-hour preschool television channel, this new three-hour block will feature educational series that promote active, healthy lifestyles for younger children.

NBC Kids will include the U.S. broadcast premieres of quality, preschool series “The Wiggles," Sprout’s “Noodle & Doodle,” Jim Henson's “Pajanimals,” “Poppy Cat," “Justin Time,” as well as the popular “LazyTown,” designed to encourage healthy eating and exercise.
    I wonder what this means for Qubo.

--------------[tc1]--------------

Peter Paltridge is online now Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Qubo is also an entire channel, and piggybacks off Ion Television to appear in most areas. They'll be fine.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

Takao is online now Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hasbro should've bought this time. Would've been a great avenue to push The Hub and its shows.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Takao
    Hasbro should've bought this time. Would've been a great avenue to push The Hub and its shows.
    I could not agree more. Saturdays don't need another pre-school block.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

BartWinkle is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What would "Justin Time" be like?

PeppeRaskell1 is offline Roaster of Bad Piggies!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Probably the adventures of some kid named Justin.

And yeah, I like qubo too...when my antenna can pick it up, that is!
    "Legends never die. Networks kill them..."

"Crimefighters...don't cry...(HONK!)"

"あなたの弾丸は私に害を与えることができない。私の翼は鋼鉄の盾のようである!"

"This is my childhood. Don't mess with my childhood..."

"You just became part of a bigger universe. You just don't know it yet..."

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Takao View Post
    I doubt that NBC would have sold this time to Hasbro. They want a 3-hour block of e/i television to fulfill the e/i requirements, and that is this block here.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11

I doubt that NBC would have sold this time to Hasbro. They want a 3-hour block of e/i television to fulfill the e/i requirements, and that is this block here.
    Easily achieved with The Hub's library. And it would have given a lot more kids the opportunity to see My Little Pony if nothing else.

Strawberry Short Cake, an hour of My Little Pony, an hour of Pound Puppies and Transformers Recsue Bots. They all count as e/i. Plus they have Carebears coming soon and that's bound to be e/i as well.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

spidey4545 is offline Fox Kids Historian
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure why NBC Universal would go through all of the trouble to lease the block to the Hub when they have programming readily available already. They're part owner of PBS Kids Sprout, which is why the new block makes sense. Comcast owned a piece of PBS Sprout prior to acquiring NBC Universal while Qubo was partly owned by NBC Universal. It appears that parent company Comcast has decided to focus on its own branding (it helped launch PBS Sprout) rather than a brand that they acquired.
    I'm currently piecing together complete scheduling archives of programming blocks. I am in need of info for: Fox Kids, CBS Kidshow, Toonami, One Saturday Morning, DIC Kids Network, Disney Afternoon, JETIX on ABC Family, JETIX on Toon Disney, SNICK, and Adult Swim. Please send me a PM if you can provide airdates for shows or have large video collections from these lineups.

NewcomerDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm surprised that NBC is getting 'Lazytown'. That will mean that the network will be full of nothing but reruns. As for the other shows, they better have new episodes or this block will be a bigger dud than the corpse that still lives among us with Qubo.
    I don't need a signature. I'm too cool for one. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    Qubo is also an entire channel, and piggybacks off Ion Television to appear in most areas. They'll be fine.
    Try telling that to viewers like myself who don't get Ion thanks to a lack of local station (I live in the Springfield MA area by the way). Also, my cable company (Charter, the same guys who are still sticking with the zombie known as Soap Net instead of taking Disney Junior over some "bad deal" baloney) doesn't get it either.

Toonatic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wait, isn't the 2004 LazyTown series owned by Nick/Paramount?

Looney Tunes Fan is offline Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonatic View Post
    Wait, isn't the 2004 LazyTown series owned by Nick/Paramount?
    I thought the same thing. It used to air on Nick Jr. But now it airs on V-Me(PBS' Spainsh Station) and PBS Kids Sprout.
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php