Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Justy is offline Now you see me...now you don't
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybop View Post
    Galactic Football.
    Great show and i wish it would come back on again.
    If it ever aired in the U.S., it was probably only on individual stations in certain areas. Might have seen a Spanish dub of it, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen Man View Post
    The Legend of Prince Valient: Now I don't think anyone's ever heard of this show. I only saw bits n' pieces of it as a kid, so I don't remember a whole lot about it. I think it aired on the old Family Channel in the early 90's.
    I watched this faithfully. It was an excellently written and animated show with some great VAs including Robbie Benson, Noelle North, Alan Oppenheimer, and Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. It's a shame it's not been aired somewhere or put on DVD--it has 65 eps, too.
    CosmoP Justy
    Shadow Moderator, AnimeMetro.com

Craig Crumpton is offline This is a close-up?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justy View Post
    I watched this faithfully. It was an excellently written and animated show with some great VAs including Robbie Benson, Noelle North, Alan Oppenheimer, and Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. It's a shame it's not been aired somewhere or put on DVD--it has 65 eps, too.
    The Legend of Prince Valiant has been released by a couple distributors in a few different versions. BCI Eclipse released the complete series in two separate volumes between 2006-07 which unfortunately are now out of print. BCI also included a handful of episodes on a 2006 DVD compilation called "Animated All-Stars" of 50 different older/obscure/lesser-known cartoons, but it's also out of print.

Mill Creek Entertainment released a Complete Series collection in 2010, which should still be in print although it is not listed as available on millcreekent.com. Some SuperTarget stores had this title, along with a few other of MCE's animated DVDs as a store promo for a mere $5... but that was at least 2 years ago. You should be able to find both new and used copies on amazon for between $10-25. And used copies of BCI's 2 Volumes are currently selling for less than $5 each on amazon.

MCE also released a 16-episode collection which you might still be able to find in stores. I saw a dollar store in a local mall just this week that was selling the 16-ep collection for only $1.50.
    Craig Crumpton, Toon Zone Staff (since 1999) | Publisher: Voice Actors in the News
    Host: Animated Media Collectors (Facebook group)
    Personal blog: VoxInSox: And knowing is half the babble

nakak is offline Don't break a Pinkie Promise.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen Man View Post
    Here's three more...

Midnight Patrol :
    An extremely rare cartoon about a group of kids who enter into a dream realm every night they go to bed where they help the citizens ward off various problems. This one I think was made by Hanna-Barbera, and probably aired in the late 80's early 90's. It's such a rare show.

Cave Kids: Another spinoff of The Flintstones; although I don't think it ever aired here in the States. Anyway it was a pre-school based show with Pebbles, Bam-Bam and Dino going off on their own adventures. I don't think Fred, Wilma, Barney or Betty were ever shown; and the kids actually talked in this one.
    "Mibdnight Patrol" was a USA/UK co-production. In UK it was known as "Potsworth and Co" and aired on BBC.

"Cave Kids" did air on Cartoon Network years ago, but like you said it was extremely short-lived; 8 episodes aired in 1996 and is hardly seen again.

DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hope you guys don't mind me reviving this thread, wanted to point a few things out that didn't get noted before, or resurfaced...

- Pecola was airing on the 24/7 qubo network. It's off now, though. There's somewhere else you can watch it, but until I'm 100% sure it's legal, I won't discuss it publicly. PM me for clarification.
    - Gormiti is now streaming on Hulu, including seasons 2 and 3 that never aired in the US
    - Monster Rancher is also streaming on Hulu, but a few episodes are missing.
    - 6teen is streaming on Netflix
    - Sit Down, Shut Up is still on iTunes
    - They haven't aired yet, but Brandy and Mr. Whiskers, The Buzz on Maggie, and Dave the Barbarian have a shot at airing on Disney Channel's Throwback Thursday (Wednesday nights/Thursday mornings at midnight)
    - Maggie and the Ferocious Beast episodes are available for purchase at Amazon Instant Video. Their categorizing is weird, though.
    - It's no shock, but it was never pointed out. Someone mentioned Sym-Bionic Titan, but that never left iTunes, and until... maybe last week, was on [adult swim]'s Toonami. It's being removed, but they still have the rights to it.
    - The Problem Solverz also never left iTunes, and is now streaming on Netflix in its entirely, including a few unaired episodes, and airs on Cartoon Planet in rotation.
    - Scaredy Squirrel also rotates on Cartoon Planet, and season 2 recently aired on CN.
    - At the time Antiyonder and I were talking about it, Oban Star Racers was actually on Netflix. It's been removed, though.
    - As I predicted, MetaJets is on Cookie Jar's This TV block.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSong View Post
    - Monster Rancher is also streaming on Hulu, but a few episodes are missing.
    Monster Rancher is also getting a DVD release for both its dub and original Japanese versions, so the missing episodes on Hulu won't be too much of an issue.

Eggy is offline DA EGGY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Mighty B - A show that I didn't like.
    The Buzz with Maggie - A show that I never watched but know about it.

Cookiefication is offline ¯\(º_o)/¯
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    The Mighty B - A show that I didn't like.
    Actually, it still airs on Nicktoons and is available on iTunes.

Also, shame on you.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just a friendly mod reminder here. This thread is suppose to be about cartoon series that aren't available through any legal means and aren't airing anymore. It isn't so much about the quality of the shows themselves, but just if they are available for people to watch. Just wanted to remind people of that so that we don't go off topic. Thank you.

TenPoundHammer is offline Wanna be on Wheel of Fortune
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Brothers Flub can finally be crossed off the list, as it's on Kidobi now.
    My Twitter

We'll leave the light on for you.

http://tehshigelisok.deviantart.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I did a little more research on the place where I found streaming episodes of Pecola, and I say it seems legit enough. It was a YouTube channel called Treehouse TV, which I just found out is legitimate; it's the Canadian network that airs the show, affiliated with Nick and YTV.

I was about to mention its cost (it's not per episode) and whether or not it could be viewed in the US, but I accidentally found out that the show is available for purchase on Amazon Instant Video. So there. :P

Getouttamylab! is offline The ride of a lifetime
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSong View Post
    I did a little more research on the place where I found streaming episodes of Pecola, and I say it seems legit enough. It was a YouTube channel called Treehouse TV, which I just found out is legitimate; it's the Canadian network that airs the show, affiliated with Nick and YTV.

I was about to mention its cost (it's not per episode) and whether or not it could be viewed in the US, but I accidentally found out that the show is available for purchase on Amazon Instant Video. So there. :P
    That's nice. I remember watching it back when it was still on qubo during the time we picked the channel up pretty much by accident. It was a pretty legit show.

Let's see, if there's anything that's in limbo, it would have to be Nightmare Ned. It got slammed for being too scary for something made by Disney, so it had a rather short run, and, as far as I know, hasn't seen any DVD releases.
    And then my post was finished.

PowerZord is offline It's time to change.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Twinkle: The dream being. It's so rare that only the Latin American Spanish opening is avaible and nobody knows more details for the show. For the latinos like me, the show is Rayito el Mago de los deseos.

Mr.whocares is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any cartoon based off a video game. I'm pretty sure DiC learned their mistakes after those jokes.
    At least the Mario Brothers cartoons and Sonic cartoons are still parodied on YouTube Poop.

dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What about Road Rovers, owned by Warner Bros.?

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These shows are easy enough to find on YouTube and other video sites, but I think we should all be thankful they won't legitimately show up here in the US. They are that bad, even if just IMHO, despite both having very good art-styles and animation for the most part (a shame to see such art/animation talents wasted here on everything else!)...

Eliot Kid - A kids' show no kid needs to be exposed to here in the US (Kids' show standards in Europe may be different, but that changes nothing!). Kids in the middle and lower class have enough problems growing up here, as it is - bad TV aimed at them like this won't help their plight. THIS show was basically trying to do what Rugrats, Muppet Babies, Mona the Vampire, Nick's Doug (with said main characters daydreams and delusions of grandeur)and as of recent, Littlest Pet Shop (2012) when it involves the pets indefinitely (even if just IMHO!), and utterly failed at it by being unengaging, unfunny, and just plain mean-spirited and rage-inducing with how it was all handled. Definitely glad this'll never hit the states.

A Kind of Magic - your basic animated family sitcom that rips off those better than it, as well as wastes a good concept and is loaded with unlikable characters and weak humor/storytelling! You think The Simpsons, South Park, or most of McFarlane's output are bad now? Know this - they still have honest fans and WERE ACTUALLY GOOD TO BEGIN WITH way back then. THIS particular show was NEVER good to begin with, especially with it leeching off the plots of far better sitcom-esque shows better than it, as well as far superior slice-of-life efforts doing some of the otherwise cliche' noise this failed miserably at, even if just IMHO as well!

I know this isn't the best place to complain, but I had to say something about these shows... They really make me that angry with how bad they both are and at the same time make me thankful they'll never be brought here, ever!

Eggy is offline DA EGGY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    BB3B - A forgotten 2005 British animated show that aired on CBBC (UK) and ABC (Not the American one, the Australian one). It only had 13 episodes, and I remembered it. The intro is on YouTube though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.whocares View Post
    Any cartoon based off a video game. I'm pretty sure DiC learned their mistakes after those jokes.
    At least the Mario Brothers cartoons and Sonic cartoons are still parodied on YouTube Poop.
    The Mario and Sonic cartoons are still for viewing on Netflix. Sonic Underground was also recently on Disney XD and This TV. I think they also have in-print DVDs.

TenPoundHammer is offline Wanna be on Wheel of Fortune
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ I found it odd that I was finding eleventy billion copies of Sonic Underground Volume 2 at Best Buy and Walmart, but zero of Volume 1. I ended up getting Volume 1 for Christmas.

I've also seen random packagings of the Sonic and Mario cartoons on bargain-bin $5 DVDs that have like, five random episodes.
    My Twitter

We'll leave the light on for you.

http://tehshigelisok.deviantart.com/

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    @The ShopSoldier: Wait, they're NOT available in the US? @.@ You're really lucky, do you know that?

Eliot Kid aired here in Dutch on Ketnet. It still airs in Dutch on Cartoon Network :(

A Kind of Magic aired here in Dutch on Jetix/Disney XD and in Flemish on Ketnet, vtmKzoom and vtmKzoom+. It still airs here in Dutch on Disney Channel :(

The same situation counts for the Netherlands, except they don't have vtmKzoom(+).

Fortunately, both shows air (currently) only at night. Besides, both shows were never popular and especially DC just use it to fill their spammy night programmation.

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Arrow :D View Post
    @The ShopSoldier: Wait, they're NOT available in the US? @.@ You're really lucky, do you know that?

Eliot Kid aired here in Dutch on Ketnet. It still airs in Dutch on Cartoon Network

A Kind of Magic aired here in Dutch on Jetix/Disney XD and in Flemish on Ketnet, vtmKzoom and vtmKzoom+. It still airs here in Dutch on Disney Channel

The same situation counts for the Netherlands, except they don't have vtmKzoom(+).

Fortunately, both shows air (currently) only at night. Besides, both shows were never popular and especially DC just use it to fill their spammy night programmation.
    Just like The Buzz on Maggie, then - VERY BEFITTING considering how much BOTH shows STINK hard.
    Though I need to do it a lot more - I truly am thankful and do thank God almighty for such an unbelievable blessing, indeed, fellow soldier!
    As for your plight - you have my sincerest apologies and condolences, either way.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast