Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Silverstar is offline Pac It Up!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doguineta View Post
    Here's another one - "Cubix: Robots For Everyone"

I barely remember this show. I just remember some bad CGI kids and a robot. But yeah, Cubix, old times.
    I remember Cubix: Robots for Everyone. It was a Korean show which ran for 2 seasons (IIRC). It originally ran on Kids' WB, then 4KidsTV acquired it. KWB seemed to have been banking on Cubix becoming the next Pokemon, only for Yu-Gi-Oh! (which was placed in the graveyard time slot of 11:30 AM) to become the next successful anime on KWB, leaving Cubix ignored and forgotten.

It was a pretty 'meh' show overall, but the title character, a multicolored robot who could transform into various devices and vehicles, and concept of the semi-futuristic county of Bubble Town were kind of interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by thomwim
    The first season of "What's With Andy" (English). The show is rerunning in Europe, but I don't want to hear seasons 2 and 3 with Andy's friend sounding like Buster from "Arthur". At least Andy kept his voice actor, John Corbett (Canadian Goku).
    Actually, the actor's name is Ian James Corlett.

Monster Farm
    I thought I was the only one who saw Saban's Monster Farm. The series ran as 15-minute segments on then Fox Family's weekday afternoon block The Basement. It was about a guy who inherited a farm full of movie monster farm animals. Not much else to say about the show, except it featured some notable voice actors, including comedian Bruce Mahler (of ABC's SNL ripoff Fridays), Jess Harnell (Wakko from Animaniacs) and Roger Bumpass (who'd go on to voice Squidward on SpongeBob Squarepants).
    Last edited by Silverstar; 12-05-2011 at 09:01 AM.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

DonkeyKongSong is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbro View Post
    Actually, the actor's name is Ian James Corlette.
    Yeah, John Corbett is an American actor. He's Aidan from Sex and the City.

And I loved Cubix​, personally.

Silverstar is offline Pac It Up!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Here's another forgotten toon:

The Why Why Family (syndicated, 1996)- another syndicated Saban quickie, this show an edutainment masterpiece depicting a quirky family who showed us how things work. 2 notable features of this show: 1) there were no actual stories; imagine an entire show composed of those little educational snippets typically tacked onto the ends of shows for a full half-hour, and 2) the art style seemed to recall 1930's era cartoons. This show ran at an insanely early time in the morning in my local area, so I only caught a single episode of this show. the only evidence I could find of this show's existence online was a Russian site, but that was years ago.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 12-05-2011 at 10:01 AM.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

thomwim is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for clearing up the voice actor difference.

Here's another show nobody cares about: "Birdz".

Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I apologize in advance if any of these have been mentioned before:

What-a-Mess: ​The story of a sloppy Afghan puppy named What-A-Mess. I remember it coming on late nights on Toon Disney and they had a episode that was a parody of "It's a Wonderful Life"

Blazing Dragons: Basically the dragons were the good guys and the knights were the bad guys.

Flint the Time Detective: All I remember was that I saw commercials for it during Digimon.

NASCAR Racers: I know nothing about this show but I just saw it mentioned in an old Disney Adventures I have. Well I guess it did come on ABC Family.

Tokyo Pig: ​See above.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors
    Want to read some movie reviews? Check out the blog
    http://animatedmoviegoddess.blogspot.com/

TenPoundHammer is offline Wanna be on Wheel of Fortune
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBabySpencer View Post
    Birdz
    Quote Originally Posted by thomwim View Post
    Here's another show nobody cares about: "Birdz".

Where were you people when I started a thread on Birdz? I remember reading about it in Disney Adventures back in 1998, but I never actually got around to watching it until much later. (There's still some obscure network in Australia that reruns it and Ned's Newt, believe it or not.)

For those who don't know, the main character's a blue preteen bird named Eddie Storkowitz who wants to be a filmmaker, so he carries a video camera with him a lot. He does typical preteen things like go to school, hang out with friends, etc. Each episode has a life lesson, but they felt more organic and real than most. The characters are distinctive and entertaining, and there are lots of jokes and puns that work well.

Seriously, go find Birdz, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Pepper View Post
    What-a-Mess: The story of a sloppy Afghan puppy named What-A-Mess. I remember it coming on late nights on Toon Disney and they had a episode that was a parody of "It's a Wonderful Life"
    I remember catching this by accident a long time ago. The only thing I remember about the episode was that it was the first time I ever heard the word "ubiquitous".

It seems like the more fun a word is to say, the more likely I am to remember it. That's probably why my favorite part of history class by far was when we covered <Dave Barry>THE HAWLEY-SMOOT TARIFF</Dave Barry>.
    My Twitter

We'll leave the light on for you.

http://tehshigelisok.deviantart.com/

Bakertoons is offline Don't break a Pinkie Promise.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    IBlazing Dragons: Basically the dragons were the good guys and the knights were the bad guys.
    Notably that show was co-created by Terry Jones. Yes, one of the Monty Python guys.

Jave is offline So Smashing... In Space!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Did Gadget & The Gadgetinis ever air in the US? It aired on Canada's YTV and on Jetix in Latin America. It was essentially a sequel to the original Inspector Gadget, except this time Gadget is a lieutenant and has two small Gadget-lookalike robots to help him around. Penny (now older) was still a regular and with pretty much the same role, but Chief Quimby and Brain were written out (although both make a guest appearance in one episode each).

The original creators (Andy Heyward, Jean Chalopin and Bruno Bianchi) all returned to work on this show. Despite being so obscure and running for two seasons (52 episodes total), it was actually a fun show. Not as good as the original, but still fun.
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Flint the Time Detective: All I remember was that I saw commercials for it during Digimon.

NASCAR Racers: I know nothing about this show but I just saw it mentioned in an old Disney Adventures I have. Well I guess it did come on ABC Family.

Tokyo Pig: ​See above.
    I remember those shows. I only watched Flint the Time Detective. I thought it was a pretty fun show and I liked to watch it along with FOX/ABC Family's airings of Digimon. I'm not sure if it would still hold up if I watched it now, but I had a fun time watching it. I barely remember a couple of promos for NASCAR Racers, but I remember a few promos for Tokyo Pig. I mainly remembered how weird and random it looked, as well as the main character sounded like Tai from Digimon Adventures/02.

Quote Originally Posted by Jave
    Did Gadget & The Gadgetinis ever air in the US? It aired on Canada's YTV and on Jetix in Latin America. It was essentially a sequel to the original Inspector Gadget, except this time Gadget is a lieutenant and has two small Gadget-lookalike robots to help him around. Penny (now older) was still a regular and with pretty much the same role, but Chief Quimby and Brain were written out (although both make a guest appearance in one episode each).

The original creators (Andy Heyward, Jean Chalopin and Bruno Bianchi) all returned to work on this show. Despite being so obscure and running for two seasons (52 episodes total), it was actually a fun show. Not as good as the original, but still fun.
    I don't think that it did or at least I never heard of it airing in the U.S. The only other Inspector Gadget related series that I remember was more of an educational series with Gadget talking about the different countries around the world. That show does sound pretty fun though.

One other show that I remember really enjoying back in the day on FOX/ABC Family was Monster Rancher. I believe it was based loosely on the video game series of the same name and centered around Genki, a boy from the real world who had been transported to the Monster Rancher world, and his friends as they tried to find the pieces of the Phoenix to defeat the evil ruler Moo. That the main focus for the first forty-eight episodes at least. I forget what they were doing after that since I never got a chance to see the last season of the series. I've been told that the whole series aired in the U.S., but for some reason, the ABC Family in my area didn't air any new episodes passed the second season. There were a few key episodes that were skipped or only aired once as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if my area didn't bother to finish the series. Very few episodes have been released on DVD. I think only the first handful of episodes have been released on DVD, but those are all out of print by this print. I think that the first season was released on video tape, but those are long out of print as well.

It's a shame that the series never got a complete release in the U.S. since I really enjoyed watching this show. The action was pretty good, the characters were interesting, there was fairly decent development, the character interactions were pretty solid and the story was pretty engaging. Tiger was my favorite character from what I remember due to his past and personality, but also being a blue wolf monster with lightening coming out of his horns helped with that as well. It was definitely one of my favorite shows to watch on FOX/ABC Family along with Digimon and I would love to see the whole series on DVD or legally streamed, but that's definitely not going to happen anytime soon. I think that the video games are still doing well though.

DonkeyKongSong is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ah, I remember Monster Rancher. I also remember it getting pulled as soon as they found the Phoenix's frozen body. I think it finished in Canada though.