Quantcast
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Looks lik the project is on life support at the moment.

Basically, the president of the FOX network liked the pilot script but didn't "love" it. So, he asked MacFarlane either to retool it or focus on the other shows. MacFarlane chose the latter and the Flintstones unit at FOX has been disbanded.

T Dog is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's bad news for Fox's Animation Domination block. It could really use a shot of ratings adrenaline.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Cadet
    Looks lik the project is on life support at the moment.

Basically, the president of the FOX network liked the pilot script but didn't "love" it. So, he asked MacFarlane either to retool it or focus on the other shows. MacFarlane chose the latter and the Flintstones unit at FOX has been disbanded.
    Well I say forget FOX and develop it for Cartoon Network or Adult Swim.

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They could always cancel one show and bring back the Flinstones project. Like cancel Family Guy or American Dad .
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

veemonjosh is offline The Fool
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    cancel American Dad.
    Don't...Don't even joke about that...
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 12/08 - Takahashi vs. Tomino: Round 3 - Combat Mecha Xabungle vs. Garasaki)

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    Don't...Don't even joke about that...
    Yeah, if anything should be cancelled to make this project move forward, if at all, it's Family Guy, or better yet, Cleveland Show - or both is preferable!

Then again, I'm not interested in anything McFarlane has to say or THINKS he can show us!
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...er-d7z3tj2.png
    BEWARE PANDERING ALWAYS. It leads to fascism.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson

Spike Spiegel is offline "She's...Brazilian."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it the general consensus among "real" fans that Family Guy has run its course? I haven't watched it regularly in years, but it seems that, especially with the Star Wars parodies, the franchise is on its way to becoming the shameless cash cow that The Simpsons morphed into during the mid-90s.

I haven't seen much of Cleveland, but it strikes me as being more than a little derivative.

Now, a Kenshin musical would be great. The opening sequence would play "Freckles" while a young Kenshin slaughters his enemies mercilessly. I mean, there's no way that could backfire.
    (Originally posted by ToonZone user Ducard)

ToonEGuy is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Flintstones reboot is on hold?

Good. Leave it there. I'm not sure I would want to see another classic cartoon have it's artistic quality be brought down and degraded by modern digital age animation, especially if it was to look the same as all the other stuff that Seth MacFarlane makes.

defunctzombie is offline Cutie Pie
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
    Is it the general consensus among "real" fans that Family Guy has run its course?
    In all honestly, there aren't many "real" Family Guy fans on this board who can answer that question. I quit discussing it because the threads just get too negative. But if you ask me, as a fan from the beginning, I think the show is still going strong and does not deserve all the criticism it keeps getting.
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post
    In all honestly, there aren't many "real" Family Guy fans on this board who can answer that question. I quit discussing it because the threads just get too negative. But if you ask me, as a fan from the beginning, I think the show is still going strong and does not deserve all the criticism it keeps getting.
    I'd have to agree with you there. I think the show is doing fine. It is what is is. I think it's mostly people that want to see it be something else that are unsatisfied.