Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Hmm Maybe I'll stay around after all, it was a good show
    One Piece fan. Bleach fan.

Linkdarkside is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    shoe shopping music remind me of a song in the Donkey Kong country Game.

Daxdiv is offline Hex Girl Yo! Space Invaders Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually liked this episode of the Cleveland Show. The Shoe shopping bit, the "Cleveland Jr." bit, the shower bit, and the final part had me in stitches. When my brother was listening to the "Cleveland Jr." bit from the other room, even he knew it was so wrong, yet so funny.

I'm most likely going to stick around for the next episode of the Cleveland Show.

chalmers is offline Role Model
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, this episode was actually pretty funny, as well as a bit shocking(that gun battle). I love Tim the Bear at the end, "That was the best freakin' Aspirin I've ever had!".
    Animation Revelation All the cool kids are doing it, why aren't you?

"Oh shut up, you're wasting valuable smashing time!"- Sideshow Mel in "Bart After Dark"

HEATXZ is offline Duck Knght
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great episode :anime:
    The Possum in the shower was hilarious XD
    Greatest Funniest Character nominations ,Feel free to visit my Toonzone Blog

Juu-kuchi is offline Everypony's Starry-Eyed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now this was a pleasant surprise. I couldn't believe how good this episode was. The real turning point was the Cleveland Jr. bit, then it built up into a markedly nice finale (loved the comical 'shoot clothes off' bit that culminated in an actual kill), and a rather amusing subplot that's only made so because I find everything the bear says to be of amusement for some reason.

So yeah... If they can make better quality episodes like this, I'll all for sticking around.

cultura is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys, I wrote up a review. I didn't like this episode quite as much as last week, but it wasn't bad.

Please check it out:

http://theclevelandshowblog.com/2009...riends-review/

Kouji Tamino is offline You Understand Nothing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh wow, you know a scene is funny when it has you cracking-up during a gory, no-holds-barred shoot-out with with actual deaths.

Master Moron is offline Forum Elder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who can't stand looking at Cleveland Junior's fat gut. Can't his dad buy him a shirt that fits?

ThePRPD is offline The one with the nose.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am watching the episode again. Yay for recording!
    I still don't get why that kid was licking a tree.
    Is it supposed to be an innuendo?
    Am I the only one who can't stand looking at Cleveland Junior's fat gut.
    Doesn't bother me.
    Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad.
    The Cleveland Show
    is Mike Henry's idea. All Seth MacFarlane did was help get it running.

It would be a wonderful thing if "abridgers" would start coming up with their own titles.

JD08 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another funny episode for cleveland my favorite part was when he was yelling at everybody then was like AH! Sat on my nuts. And that cleveland jr. talk was funny too "Look I'll give you thirty dollars right now to play with him".

OnePark is offline גורל
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While I've yet to see the episode, it was second overall in the ratings for Animation Domination.

Michael JJ is offline Remember to Stay Positive!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Eh, I thought it was okay. The possum was probably the funniest joke of the episode.

So far, nothing in this show has really grabbed me. It's just so bland. Still, it has its moments. The bear could be interesting to watch.

SirLemming is offline a playa in a world of NPCs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Noticeably better than the first two episodes. But like others, I have my doubts about whether Cleveland can really carry the show. I'm still not sure he's actually contributing anything to the comedy. Some of his dialogue, I could tell how it would've seemed funny in the writer's room, but coming out of him it just died; whereas if Stan Smith or Peter Griffin were saying it, it would probably have been funny. Cleveland's best hope at being a comedic character seems to be a "straight man" role, someone who makes things around him funny by being completely serious, but so far I haven't really seen that happening.

But the "mistaken for pedophile" scene showed potential.
    THE CASTLE OF SIR LEMMING
    THIS MONTH'S UPDATE: Christmas Countdown! 25 Christmas songs of interest.

Fool's Gil is offline I'm the King of Everything!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I take everything back I said negatively about the show. (Except Cleveland Jr.)

Sunday's episode was great!
    "I don't like you Mickey."
    "You're not supposed to."
    -Wacky Game Jokez 4 Kidz

Freedom Fighter is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Best show of the night, easily. Not because the other three were about average, but because Cleveland was so genuinely hilarious. Who would've thought just from trying to find Cleveland Jr. a friend.

Shoe shopping, the basketball game that wasn't, Cleveland 'Junior,' learning how to play kick the can. But the shootout at the end was definitely the best. Who would've thought... the foster parents were just as bad as Lester at parenting. If the show was going to end with the status quo, at least it got there with guns a-blazing!

Freedom Fighter's Library (Last Updated 5/7-10/12 It's "Fresh from Europe" pregame week!)
    Fanfiction.Net (Last Updated 5/7/12 - Fireside Diaries, Episode 215)

Dogasu is offline Rubber ducks kill babies?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can someone please explain what everyone finds so funny / amazing about the bear? Because to me, he's the least likable character in the show. He's just...there.

As far as this episode goes...it was alright, I guess. I thought the other two episodes were better, but this one wasn't without its good points. Like others before me, I loved the whole "mistaken for a pedophile" bit. I also liked seeing Roberta actually break out of her blandness during the whole "imitating Cleveland" scene.

I'm also surprised that the fight at the end was allowed to get as bloody as it was. I mean...when was the last time we got to see blown off brains on network TV?
    Owner of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on March 23rd, 2011

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection

These lists were last updated on January 23rd, 2010

LinkG07 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ThePRPD is offline The one with the nose.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That was very unexpected.
    Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad.
    The Cleveland Show
    is Mike Henry's idea. All Seth MacFarlane did was help get it running.

It would be a wonderful thing if "abridgers" would start coming up with their own titles.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This show still seems like it's stuck in first gear Family Guy ripoff, except without any good cutaway gags (to everyone who says they're the weakest part of the show: they're now becoming the painful part of the show. Seriously, the trapezee one? Are they trying here?) and with slightly different character ideals. Cleveland's still the overall star and most enjoayble part of his show but you can tell they're slightly trying to make the other characters a bit more interesting. Donna had a fairly funny moment where her and Cleveland imiated each other (and I also like Cleveland pointing out that Donna's idea was the dumb one that caused Ernie to be taken away), Tim is becoming more of the general voice of reason but also soemwhat fun guy and I guess Holt is trying to be the more wacky "let's go to Vegas for some random reason" guy but uh... still isn't interesting. Though I did laugh at Cleveland Jr and Ernie tricking him with that newspaper.

Speaking of Ernie he seems like a fairly... dull character but Lester's warming up on me now that he's not really racist. And the fact he cared enough about Ernie to let him move in with Cleveland's family since he thought that's what he wanted and it was more a case of misunderstanding then anyone needing to learn a big lesson. Plus the whole shootout at the end. There were a few other good jokes in the mix (Cleveland talkign to the undercover cop about his Cleveland Jr and realizing what he was saying later was innunendo, "I've got to stop talking with children", Cleveland dressing fancy and later carrying a piece in the car full of rednecks and the ending of the main plot were pretty good. In truth I still don't really see a point of this series though since the funniest jokes about the Cleveland Show aren't even IN the Cleveland Show but still better then the last couple of weeks if only due to the overall lesson not being as lame.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast