Community Login: (Create an Account)
Search the Site:
A lot of people are nostalgic for 80s cartoons. They call that the best period in TV animation ever. So, what if "Gargoyles" was an 80s cartoon.
- Goliath and his clan would never have evacuated the castle.
- Elisa Maza would have been a man. She'd have probably been Matt Bluestone, actually.
- Xanatos would have been a straight up criminal "mastermind" who's plans never worked. The Pack would have been his incompetent henchmen. Owen wouldn't exist. Demona and Sevarius would be his two more competent, but still unsuccessful henchmen.
- Sevarius as a mad scientist would be an expert in EVERYTHING.
- The motorcycle and helicopter would have been in every episode.
- New gargoyles would appear, as members of Goliath's clan, out of no where.
- Angela would have worn pink.
- The major plot line would have involved Xanatos wanting to gather together the three great talismans so he could rule the world. This would never get resolved.
- Alex Xanatos would never exist.
- Thailog would exist and remain loyal to Xanatos.
- Lexington would be such a savant, he could build space ships, time machines, dimensional gateways, and anything.
- Xanatos would wear a mask and you'd never see his face. Probably a cape, too.
- Goliath would have no character flaws, whatsoever.
- William Shakespeare? Who is that? Some English fart? He doesn't sell toys.
Last edited by GregX; 01-05-2009 at 01:01 AM.
Ok, what if The Beverly Hills Teens were a 00's (2000s) toon? Just imagine the possibilites.....
Want to hear an animal walks into a bar joke?
Last edited by cyde; 01-05-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Fist of the North Star : Problem is I'm 13 and this is a 20 year old series
Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star~~~
It could be interesting to know what if Fairly Odd Parents, Kappa Mikey and DP was done in the 1980s or even in the case of Danny Phantom, done in the late 1960s, if it could had some of the psychedelic backgrounds, music or even plotlines like the Rocket Robin Hood episode "Dementia Five" like RRH and the 1967-70 Spider-man?
Now I wonder what if Goldorak (UFO Robot Grendizer) was done in the 2000s?
W.I.T.C.H. TAS in the 70s: It wouldn't exist.
W.I.T.C.H. TAS in the 80s: The girls would be guys, and probably turn all muscular and shirtless like He-Man when they transform. Despite having wings, they would have various vehicles to fly around/swim/drive around, and the stories would directly involve them going underwater or into space to push those vehicles into our faces. There'd be no story progression at all and one of Phobos' plans (Nerissa wouldn't be in it) would be to blow up the ocean.
W.I.T.C.H. TAS in the 90s: The girls would probably remain girls, but they'd be horribly stereotyped and talk about fashion all the time and other valley girl slang. It would also not really have a story to progress since every episode will be about Phobos' plans to take over the world via a monster-of-the-day and the final episode will be another monster-of-the-day attack with no conclusion at all.
The Secret Saturdays in the 80s
- All the creatures probably wouldn't have been well-researched, and they all would either be made-up or well-known cryptids like the Loss Ness Monster or the Yeti. No Hibagons or Atmospheric Jellyfish in that show!
- Drew Saturday would either be dead before the series started or have an incredibly reduced role, cause women having action adventures is crazy talk.
Visit my website, Racattack Junction!, a blog that features reviews, opinions, interviews and news that surround animation. Last updated: March 27th. (Review of the Animation side of the CN Upfront)
Watch the "Festival of Chowder" from June 1st to June 4th at 8pm, and new episodes every week starting June 11th at 8pm.
Oh I get it now
Fist Of the North Star in the 21 century
The action would be as gory as the manga
and There would be obscene amount of cursing
Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star~~~
If Chowder started 10 years earlier, then
1. There would be no unmoving pattern on the clothings, since most animation was still being done in cels at the time and having a pattern would be really hard to do.
2. There would probably be less, if at all, stop-motion and puppet sequences.
Otherwise, everything else stays the same.
If Ed Edd n Eddy was made in the '70's they would be solving mysteries with a goofy talking animal and be in a band.
An authentic blend of 23 flavors
Yeah, they would be called The Eds and they'd have a hit single called "Buttertoast," which would make the top of the charts!
Imagine if Freakazoid was made today in the 00's! The main star wouldn't be Freakazoid; it would be Freakazette (unused idea in the original)! It would probably be like a tweenybopper sitcom to compete with Disney...
"...watching Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated. This show is BOSS. THEY HAVE PARENTS NOW."
~Random person's old Facebook status~
If PPG was in the 80s, I predict Buttercup would be Carrie Kelly, Blossom would be a politics type, and Bubbles would be a valley girl.
Follow my Road to Japan through my new blog!
"What would you do without me? ...Don't answer that."
POKEMON PUZZLE LEAGUE! You know you want to read my review.
If "insert-whatever-present-day-cartoon-series-you-want" would have ben made in the 80's, it would have sucked.
Sorry if that sounds dogmatic, but as far as im concerned, its the truth. 80's cartoons were, almost without exceptions, just plain bad. Really, really, REALLY bad.
You know, following this threads logic;
All 70's shows=bad
All 80's shows=bad
All 90's shows=bad
All 00 shows=bad
....what do you all like?
|toonzone quick jump|