Quantcast
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mavericker is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Austin Powers the animated series

Like This Thread!
    Could an animated series based on the films work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Depends on which audience you aimed it at. If it's a kiddie audience, much of the raunchy humour would have to be toned down. Adult Swim would be the best target I think...

Wasn't there a thread on this before, or am I imagining things?

Silverstar is online now Comfortably Dumb
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Austin Powers hasn't been relevant for years now. The time to have done such a thing would've been during the time the movies were coming out. No one would care now. I don't even think Mike Meyers cares about Austin Powers anymore.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 08-17-2008 at 10:08 AM.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Dr.Pepper is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder1984 View Post
    Wasn't there a thread on this before, or am I imagining things?
    Yeah I think there was
    I know that they won't come out with it now but I can see this happening for Adult Swim like 5 or 6 years ago.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors
    Want to read some movie reviews? Check out the blog
    http://animatedmoviegoddess.blogspot.com/

DarkKnight is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    Austin Powers hasn't been relevant for years now. The time to have done such a thing would've been during the time the movies were coming out. No one would care now. I don't even think Mike Meyers cares about Austin Powers anymore.
    I don't know about that, I'm pretty sure I remember he announced on the Tonight Show or somewhere he's working on a 4th movie from Dr. Evil's perspective or something...but I agree w/ you that the time-frame has passed for an animated series.

Hiya Animation is offline Animation lover!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    Well, Spaceballs hasn't been that relevant either and their making an animated series of that

I've never seen any of the Austin Powers movies so I don't care that much either way.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    You know it's not terribly impossible to make a Kids based Austin Powers show. They have made kiddy cartoons for the Mask And Ace Ventura which obviously weren't kid focused movies. Austin would probably amount to a successful version of Johnny Bravo just flirting all the woman and making sort of variations of his lines and they're probably have some more Bond parody villians in addition to Dr. Evil, Mini Me, Goldmember and Fat Baddy (That could be the name of Fat Bastard if it was a kidd toon). Would it be good? Eh depend on the studio really but it could happen. I would only recommend a series though if they could get Michael Myers to do it. If he wasn't part of it it'd really be pretty pointless. I doubt they could though which is why this show wouldn't work. It probably would work better as an adult cartoon but I don't see anyone picking up the license for it besides a desperate kids studio looking for a toon at this point.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Tobias is offline Who you gonna call?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With the death of syndication/Saturday Morning, I'd say leave Austin Powers alone. If they'd come up with AP:TAS back when Kid's WB was in it's glory days, or Fox Kids was still going strong, even if they syndication market was still going strong for a weekday series, then yeah, bring it on. Do the series at New Line, where The Mask TAS came from and you might have a hit.

But I can't imagine CN, Toon Disney or Nickelodean funding a show like this when they've got bigger, newer, more profitable shows to do.

TKnHappyNess is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A lot of other movies had cartoon series. Look at Ace Ventura and The Mask. It would work, and for syndication, it would be toned down similar to how Peachtree TV tones down the movies when they get aired.

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    But, uh, Austin Powers is a little different than the Mask and Ace Ventura in that it features heavy sexual content and innuendo. He is a swinger, after all. Making it for kids would take away a lot of the jokes.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast