Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

King of the Hill Talkback- "Tears of an Inflatable Clown"

Like This Thread!

Alert: The new episode tonight is at 7/6c, not its usual 8:30/7:30c. I know it's short notice but I didn't realize it until just now either. Anyway, the plot from fox.com:
    While Bobby heads a carnival planning committee at his school, a representative from the Superintendent’s office visits Tom Landry Middle to carry out diversity tolerance exercises. Targeting the carnival committee, Bobby and his co-planners are led to feel ashamed of their respective cultures’ contributions to racial intolerance. They cancel the carnival and instead try to talk to the Landry students about taking responsibility for past racial injustices. But the students grow angry over the carnival cancellation, and Hank, Peggy, Kahn and Minh slip away to set up the delivered but unassembled equipment so the carnival can still go on. Meanwhile, Hank, Luanne and the guys try to force Lucky to go to a hospital after he catches a Frisbee made of barbed wire in the “Tears of an Inflatable Clown” episode of KING OF THE HILL airing Sunday, Nov. 25 (7:00-7:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (KH-1119) (TV-PG; L ) CC
    Have fun!

Djm912 is offline GREETINGS, GENTLEVIEWERS!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This diversity guy is traumatizing.

Rud
    Rud is offline Nine Arts Dragon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that teacher is horribble, and the jew/star game was hilarious.
    "I will turn your name into a synonym for weakness"

"Politics always takes vengeance on those that belittle it"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Good gravy, Luanne is getting really stupid. "I don't want a watermelon baby!" Please. Nobody her age is that stupid. (awaits someone to say "Oh, 'nobody'?" )

I actually liked the subplot better, about trying to get Lucky to the hospital, especially when the four can't hold onto him because he covered himself in vaseline.

That said, "You, square. What's your heritage?" "...Dutch." made me chuckle. And I also dug Joseph's line about being a white person who's delivered all sorts of injustices. He still has no freaking clue.

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's 4:37 here, just to put this post in time perspective.

Why did Fox suddenly do this? I saw this schedule in my newspaper and wondered if the paper printed a mistake. They've got a Simpsons repeat in KOTH's old place. A REPEAT. And sweeps are almost over, so it couldn't be that....I don't get it.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Rampaging through Portland soon, and on the Internet now....it's the Super Summer Issue of BANG, crammed with quality entertainment including a brand-new Mulberry story! Watch out for that tree!

btv
    btv is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This Bobby plot is playing out a lot like recent Bobby plots of the past - Bobby goes to school, does something, and the school students conform or revolt in their own way. This time... it wasn't as funny. I still enjoy Bobby's classmates like usual, and some of Bobby's antics had some zing to it, but it's just usual tread.

The B plot was more interesting but didn't really pan out to anything, still, I guess it really didn't need to.

This season is a strong one, but this episode and the one before that aren't as strong as the rest of 'em.

B

Cobblepot1982 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, Bobby is really a second-hander, isn't he? He just follows anyone blindly- real sad.

I seriously just wanted to give that nerdy older guy a wedgy....he was just BEGGING for one.

I loved his line at the end though "I just open the wounds...and I never stay around to find out what happens afterwards". Yep, him in a nutshell.

Decent episode, though it seemed a little too similar to what they've done before- and too forced, as well.

Dee
    Dee is offline What?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Boris View Post
    Good gravy, Luanne is getting really stupid. "I don't want a watermelon baby!" Please. Nobody her age is that stupid. (awaits someone to say "Oh, 'nobody'?" )

When Lucky added something like "And remember what I told you? We'll love that baby no matter", I was laughing so hard I was in tears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    God I hated that Diversity teacher. He was just a pain in the ass.

DrTooth is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by btv View Post
    This Bobby plot is playing out a lot like recent Bobby plots of the past - Bobby goes to school, does something, and the school students conform or revolt in their own way. This time... it wasn't as funny. I still enjoy Bobby's classmates like usual, and some of Bobby's antics had some zing to it, but it's just usual tread.
    Another "Bobby gets swayed by another ultraliberal" episode. I'm getting sick of these. I shoulda known it was new. I saw the last half of it. That's about it. I think it was odd they put it on that time slot instead of their 8:30 slot like usual.
    "Borgoroth of Coolswordoroth shimmies for no Man!"- Strongbad