Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    J'onn J'onzz is offline Best Male Member '08
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TMNT: Fast Forward Talkback: Episode 1.24: "The Cosmic Completist" (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Episode 1.24: The Cosmic Completist
    Original Air Date: October 13, 2007
    Written by: James Felder

Previously on Fast Forward: During an attack on Cody's penthouse, Bizarro Leo, to the surprise of everyone, saves Cody's life! Now on the mend in Cody's appartment, Odranoel gets more than he bargained for.

Previously on Fast Forward: The turtles get caught up in a battle between the Inuwashi Gunjin and a galactic collector who wants to capture them.

Simpler Simon is offline Always in Style
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An okay episode, but kind of a disappointment considering how cool the title sounded. Of course it's about time they did a parody episode like this, considering 4Kids and 'collecting' properties.
    Note to self: No More Heroes avatar in use since April 10/2009. Previous avatar lasted 2 years, 9 months and 4 days!!! Holy Stale Avatar Batman!!

Dark Fact is offline Preaching evil since '04
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When did the Inuwashi Gunjin get a ship??? I thought they just flew through space.

The episode itself was so-so. However, I just can't help but feel like I was watching a filler. Besides, this episode seemed to act like an episode out of the old Turtles toon.

By the way, nice Pokemon parody reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Highwind
    "FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST--Here comes a new challenger, we're gonna get one hell of a show! Which one of these fighters will walk away a champion?!"

CyberCubed is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode is pretty much a parody of 4kids' properties itself.

Yeah, pretty much a stand-alone episode that at least brings some closure to the Inuwashi Gunjin. Nothing special about it but it was decently entertaining.

Only 2 episodes of Fast Forward left!

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This guy is like an ultra lame version of Lobo. XD

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

veemonjosh is online now The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You know, the hilarious thing about this episode is that Mucha Lucha did this EXACT SAME plot in one episode (a space collector kidnapped the students so he could put them in a collection of wrestlers that were frozed in toy-like form inside boxes).
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 10/13 - Space Dandy Season 2 Review)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Simpler Simon is offline Always in Style
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    This guy is like an ultra lame version of Lobo. XD
    ...You mean the Preserver character from the STAS 2-parter?

And of course, Simpsons also already did this concept years ago in a Halloween short with Comic Book Guy and Lucy Lawless.

Next week does seem to be the Day of Awakening episode, for those who are still wondering about airing order.
    Note to self: No More Heroes avatar in use since April 10/2009. Previous avatar lasted 2 years, 9 months and 4 days!!! Holy Stale Avatar Batman!!

CyberCubed is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting, I guess the idea of tacking on an "alternate ending" to the last episode was scraped. I'm glad for that, we don't need to see a rush-job done to get the Turtles sent home, I'd rather the entire first episode of the next season wrap that up.

Silverstar is offline Pac It Up!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    You know, the hilarious thing about this episode is that Mucha Lucha did this EXACT SAME plot in one episode (a space collector kidnapped the students so he could put them in a collection of wrestlers that were frozed in toy-like form inside boxes).

Powerpuff Girls
    tackled this premise too in the short "Collect Her". The only difference was that the collector was just an obsessed nerd, not a being from outer space.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

DrTooth is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A Collector based episode is almost as common as brain switching or shrinking. There are some other examples, but I can't remember them all off the top of my head.

Anyone else think that the Pokemon bit was just a big F you to Nintendo for not letting them dub it anymore? Also.... Johnny Test, which I watched directly after it was also a Pokemon parody.
    "Borgoroth of Coolswordoroth shimmies for no Man!"- Strongbad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast