Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Favorite body switching episodes

Like This Thread!
    What are you some of your favorite episodes of animated shows in which charcters switch bodies? I always liked those episodes, you really have to have the worst writers, for it not to be funny.

Here are some of my favorites that I can think of in no particular order.

Teen Titans - Switched (Raven and Starfire)

Kim Possible - Mind Games (Kim and Ron)

American Dragon: Jake Long - Switcheroo (Jake and Haley, various others)

Fairly Odd Parents - Dog Day Afternoon (Timmy and Doidle)

Fairly Odd Parents - Presto Change - O a non tradtional body switching episode, in which everything was very random.

Of those that I listed TT Switched is probably my favorite. Another question, it is rare that when cartoons do body switching, that they don't also switch voices, am I the only one who prefers they didn't switch voices? And see how a voice over actors would do if they switched roles with each other.

Bones Justice is offline Bring on the noise!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My favorite would have to be The Great Brain Robbery from Justice League Unlimited. The Flash and Lex Luthor swap brains and all heck breaks loose! Too funny. Plus, unlike a lot of body-swap episodes, they didn't switch the character's voice. Michael Rosenbaum (The Flash) got to voice Lex Luthor (the character he plays on Smallville) in The Flash's body and was great at it. But Clancy Brown as The Flash in Lex Luthor's body was even better. This episode has one of the best exchanges in the whole DCAU:

"Aren't you gonna wash your hands?"

"No. 'Cuz I'm evil."

Slayer-1: "Minus 210 degrees...minus 215...minus 220. Why are you still standing?"

Bones: "My will...will not die."

Shift is offline Brave Warrior of the Sea
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In a cartoon, the characters will generally also switch voices to make it obvious for the viewers that they've switched. However, as far as reality goes in this situation, their vocal chords would stay where they are, so the bodies would have their same voices but with different manners of speaking coming out of them.

Lazerboy5000 is offline Catch 'ya Later!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yea, Cartoon Characters switch voices as well.

Pokemon Movie 9: Jessie, James, and Meowth. That was absolutely hilarious. Then they tryed to do their theme song... LOL.

That was pretty funny.
    Why Give Up? Why Give In?
    It's Not Enough, It Never Is.
    But I Will Go On Until The End.

Juu-kuchi is offline Everypony's Starry-Eyed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Galaxy Angel Z's body switching episode where all the characters would randomly wake up in a different body every episode. It helped when they didn't switch voices between bodies, making each actor's performance of another character to be quite a riot.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm going to have to back up Bones Justice on "The Great Brain Robbery" of JLU being one of the best body switching episodes (for the actors not switching voices and for quotes like "That's not restful". I'd say why but I don't want to start another 3 or so page discussion on it)

I also give credit to Dragonball Z for using it (well Ginyu for using it to switch bodies with Goku and then a frog. Part of me also wants to count the Bulma filler switch episode but otherwise no) as an actual plot point instead of just as a one episode thing that otherwise had no impact on the continuity really. I think the only ones that did were more indirect. Teen Titans "Switched" actually did have Raven and Starfire's character grow as friends afterward, and Ben 10's "A Change Of Face" body switch allowed Gwen to get that magic book.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

DrTooth is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love that Mask/Ace Ventura Crossover episode of the Mask. That counts. There was brain switching.

But my favorite would be the Darkwing Duck episode Trading Faces. Darkwing forced to live the life Gosalyn leads, while Honker is trapped in Launchpad's body, and can't drive or fly a plane (even worse than the real Launchpad...)
    "Borgoroth of Coolswordoroth shimmies for no Man!"- Strongbad

Don_East is offline A regular character.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always liked the Captain N episode "Queen Of The Apes", in which Dr. Wily's machine so apply named The Brainswapper causes Mother Brain nto end up in Donkey Kong's body, Donkey Kong in Gameboy's body, & Gameboy in Mother Brain's body. Before that happened, King Hippo & Eggplant Wizard got the same treatment as a part of Wily's demonstration. There were a few things that were weird, like when Gameboy was in Mother Brain's body, the giant brain was replaced with a giant circuitboard. But the overused voice swap with brain was in play, because remember Mother Brain was voiced by the same guy who did Audrey II in the "Little Shop Of Horrors" movie, and it's even funnier when it's coming from a giant ape.

One of the few cartoons from the same time that DID NOT do that voice switch was TMNT '87 episode "The Old Switcheroo". While inhabiting eachother's body, Splinter & Shredder still had the same voice the other first had before the accident, making it more believeable that the Turtles, April, Krang, Bebop, & Rocksteady were unaware of any change. I like it just for that.
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001160029169
    Anime Abomination: Hiatus (Curse You Blip)

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Ultra Mike View Post

I also give credit to Dragonball Z for using it (well Ginyu for using it to switch bodies with Goku and then a frog. Part of me also wants to count the Bulma filler switch episode but otherwise no) as an actual plot point instead of just as a one episode thing that otherwise had no impact on the continuity really. I think the only ones that did were more indirect. Teen Titans "Switched" actually did have Raven and Starfire's character grow as friends afterward, and Ben 10's "A Change Of Face" body switch allowed Gwen to get that magic book.
    I agree, which is the reason why the Teen Titans Switched is one of my favorite episodes of TT and one of my favorite body switching episodes, because there was an actual point to it, and not just for gags. There was some character growth, even though they did the voice switch. Would have been better if they kept the same voices, but it was early in the series it was episode 7, the actors are still trying to get use to their own characters, much less ready to switch roles. Maybe if they did later in the series, maybe they would given it a try.

But had they not switched voices, I know how Raven with Starfire's mind would have acted. She would have been like white Raven, the happy Raven personality, who we saw in the previous episode Nevermore , when went inside her mind. Of course adding some weird or improrper Starfire grammer.

I loved the ending as well, it was very sweat. And when you think about it, they both never experiences what is like to have a sisterly bond with someone. The closest was Raven and her mother. Raven never had a sister, and we all know Blackfire was no true sister of Starfire. They were just born into the world via the same parents, but that is all.
    Last edited by zoombie; 10-12-2007 at 02:30 PM.

Darklordavaitor is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Without a doubt, it would have to be Ed, Edd, n' Eddy's "Mirror, Mirror, on the Ed". The Ed's are such great characters that work so well together that the episode just works. A close one is Amercian Dragon: Jake Long's "Switcheroo". Jake and Haley are another good example of characters that can work in this styling, and it adds some depth to Haley's character. Plus the ending always gets me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast