Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    TheFZAtUGSOnline is offline Galactic Guardian since 2010
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_automaton View Post
    This is really sad I grew up on watching alot of kids WB shows, freakazoid and earthworm jim anybody?

I really didnt enjoy alot of there more "modern" stuff but I have to admit both The Batman and Legion of Super Heroes grew on me and I really dont want to see either go but I have a sinking feeling the Batman is practically finished.

I think its kinda stupid that 4kids gets another saturday morning block when fox box is already poorly ran as it is, I mean do they really belive kids only want to see anime and anime rip-offs? I really belive groups like 4kids have had a long lasting affect on the american animation industry and it seems like it is only going to go downhill from here.
    The FOXBOX is Now 4KidsTV, please stop calling 4KidsTV by that name, okays...
    --The FZ
    You know the rest...
    I'm out!

Beast_automaton is offline Hero of the future
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sorry that was my first post and I kinda forgot about that, if it is a problem I can edit it.

Not trying to make waves here people just voicing my opinion.
    "Popularity is grossly overrated don't you think?"

http://www.youtube.com/user/Evafan85

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Come on! Why do pieces of my childhood keep dying?

*shakes head* I am totally floored by this. Wow. 4kids was the last buyer I expected, too. It feels like we've collectively fallen into Bizarro World or something.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

straw_hat is offline Senior Member Monsters in Bunnyland Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So 4kids was not satisfied enough with staining the memory of Saturday Morning cartoons on Fox Kids but now Kid's WB? But I didn't grow up watching Kid's WB so I don't have much of an attachment to it.

Ian
    Ian is offline ¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Fact View Post
    I'm now worried about the Spectacular Spider-Man more than ever. The people who are behind the show said something about the S & P executive that they were dealing with giving a sense of leniency into what the animators and writers can provide. Now that the show could fall under 4Kids' jurisdiction, it makes me wonder how the future episodes of Spider-Man will be handled? For all we know, the writers and animators will be ordered to tone down the action.
    Actually, 4Kids has historically been more lenient than Kids WB when it came to censorship, at least in the past few years. Compare TMNT with the Batman, or Yu-Gi-Oh's edits compared to One Piece's. Even the less-violent TMNT: Fast Forward got away with things I don't think Kids WB would ever allow. While I'm not sure just how lenient the S&P people Weisman dealt with will be compared to the WB's usual standards, there's a good shot 4Kids' standards won't be much worse. Plus, as I understand it, standards and practices are determined by the network, not the block (it was Fox that decided not to air the never-aired TMNT episode, Insane in the Membrane, not 4Kids), so it might be a moot point anyway.

dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In Chicago, the 4 Kids TV block does not air on WFLD FOX Chicago Saturday mornings, but airs on FOX owned My Network TV affiliate WPWR My 50 Chicago. I bet in Fall 4 Kids TV will be on WGN CW 9 Chicago.

DrTooth is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let's just face it. Satuday morning cartoons are dead, weekday cartoons are dead (not counting PBS), and Cable cartoons are on life support with a bunch of yesmen monkeys all too eager to pull the plug.

There will be no doubt Fox will replace their line up with that stuff they call news, or just throw together a crap educational requirement line up, comprised of cheap pathetic junk no one watches so they can keep their FCC licence.

Seriously, what in blazes is this? There have always been these cable networks, at least in the 90's. If they actually bothered to hire and pay people to try to be competitive, maybe they wouldn't be losing the battle. The one thing I hate is how we're told all our lives to work hard and never give up, and that's exactly what these people aren't doing. Sure, Daddy gave you that block of programming to manage, but you'd rather be drinking instead. So just run it into the ground and take whatever money's left.

If you want competitive ratings, try competitive programming. Don't just rerun Sabrina the Animated series from 1999 over and over.

Way I see it, Kid's WB is like Toys R Us. They crush the competition, causing it to die off, and now that it's actually losing a little money, they bail out.
    "Borgoroth of Coolswordoroth shimmies for no Man!"- Strongbad

Master Toon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTooth View Post
    Way I see it, Kid's WB is like Toys R Us. They crush the competition, causing it to die off, and now that it's actually losing a little money, they bail out.
    So Toys R Us is bailing out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not fully, but they did close hundreds of stores. All the ones near me are gone.

YoshiAngemon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, at least the Toys R Us near me is still around. But let's get back on topic, here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I was using it as an analogy. Plus, the people that wind up running that company seem to not want to be there. Again, another Kids WB/TRU compairison. And the lack of variety.... another one.

But looking at crap like Skunk Fu... I mean, are they even trying with their non-WB programs? I mean, they have been laboring to make The Batman better, and apparently this is its last season (but that's third hand knowledge) They thankfully decided to drop loonatics, which was a bad idea from the start. Don't get me wrong. looney Tunes fighting evil has some potential, if you were willing to have fun with it. They didn't. That's why I think Duck Dodgers was a better attempt.

I'm still a might sore they didn't give Xiaolin Showdown a proper ending. not even a DTV movie. just saying "Oh, Raymundo... you're the leader." "YAAAAAY" Fade to black. thehn randomly adding it a fourth season of reruns. I find it odd they'd do that in this day and age. I recall it worked well in the old days. Some shows only had one season, but it would be rerun for years to come.

I just hope this is a dry spell. Not a trend.

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I received this update from a source close to Kids'WB! While a surprising twist, things aren't as bad as they may seem.

4Kids Entertainment will begin programming The CW Network’s Saturday morning schedule in September 2008. Until then, the schedule will most likely remain as it is now (with the exception of midseason replacements The Spectacular Spider-Man and The World of Quest entering the slate in early 2008). But what of some of the network mainstays, like The Batman and Legion of Super Heroes? Their situation does not change. Their continued production has always been dependent on a distributor/network placing an order for episodes. Warner Bros. Animation produces animated entertainment for a wide variety of distribution platforms, such as broadcast and cable television, direct-to-DVD, broadband, wireless, etc. So, as many feared, they will likely find a new home, so don’t worry about that. If anything, this could produce some exciting developments for the series.

And remember, 4Kids is an acquisition/distribution company. Warner Bros. Animation is an animation studio. If 4Kids wants to acquire and distribute WBA productions, the option is there. Of course, that’s not the only option for WBA. Within recent months, the barriers between production companies and distributors completely blurred. Batman: The Animated Series and Superman: The Animated Series are both currently airing on JETIX, a part of Toon Disney. Plus, we got Pinky and the Brian joining the Toon Disney lineup in the near future. Who would have thought we’d see three decidedly Warner Bros.-branded series airing on a Disney-owned network. Just a few years ago, a deal like that was unthinkable. Now it’s a sign that anything is possible. Things are changing and doors are opening, no question.

At this time, in terms of television series animation, there is no answer as to what will be produced for next fall. A number of projects are in development, and any WBA series currently in production can be extended. But typically, November and December are the months when those decisions begin to be formulate. However, series pick-ups are not announced until February, so those answers will probably not be finalized until early in 2008.

And just remember, WBA has a lot of productions beyond television to look forward to. WBA thriving in the direct-to-DVD market — Superman Doomsday sales are outstanding, as are the current numbers for our latest Scooby-Doo release. WB in full production on New Frontier and the third film in the DCU series. WBA is also finalizing scripts and development on several others. Another Scooby DVD is in production, and others are being developed. Take into consideration all that AND WB’s upcoming original animated productions for T-Works and you’ll see that it’s a busy time at WBA.

Wanted is offline Toonmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm really gonna have to keep my eye on this T-Works thing.

Burgundy Ranger is offline Disney XD/Vortexx schedule guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    His mentioning of the three entities (Superman, Batman, Pinky) currently airing on Jetix and that the once-inconcievable arrangements are now reality causes me to think that there might just be more en route to the Mouse.

To me, Jetix's biggest liability has been a very low percentage of new product on the air at any one time. Right now, it's just Power Rangers and Digimon, with second seasons of Yin Yang Yo and Pucca on the way.

To get things like The Batman and LSH would be big and be a totally logical extension of having the two TAS series already on the schedule.

I just wish they were a bit more consistent with their commitment to shows already on their schedule -- still don't quite get why they pulled the plug on shows like WITCH and Super Robot Monkey Team which were quite good and had production people/studios willing to do more.

But that's about as far as I'll go or else this post becomes one more suited for the Disney board.

Rahxepy is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just think the only shows that will remain on the next work are Spiderman, Legion of superheroes, and Maybe The Batman. I think because Superheroes are in as well as Video Games they are gonna try to merge the two for the CW. But I think 4Kids make at least two more Hero Show for next fall maybe Thundercats and firestorm. plans on producing their own shows would do just as well considering their own shows are the ones that are doing well for 4Kids TV. I see Viva, Chaotic, and TMNT, shifting over to the CW. And Dino King is doing well too so that might go there. I'm confused. I don't know how the hell they are going to do this with out killing most of their properties. I mean alot of companies have more tan one network though so it could work..IDK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Batman and Legion make more sense for CN, imho. At least people get that channel, while no one gets Toon Disney.

Although anything is possible with those shows, I just pray they air a place people can see them (ie, not Toon Disney).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahxepy View Post
    I see Viva, Chaotic, and TMNT, shifting over to the CW. And Dino King is doing well too so that might go there.
    Aside from TMNT, these are shows that really make us worry about the network's future. A show based on an unpopular game (though I heard good things about it) a cheesy attempt at an online game, and a cheesy attempt to get a toy line which will never be made.

dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There goes the good old days of Hanna-Barbera, Filmation, DFE, Rankin-Bass, Disney, Warner Bros., Ruby-Spears, DIC, Marvel, Film-Roman, Saban, and Sid and Marty Krofft of Saturday morning past...

Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dth1971 View Post
    There goes the good old days of Hanna-Barbera, Filmation, DFE, Rankin-Bass, Disney, Warner Bros., Ruby-Spears, DIC, Marvel, Film-Roman, Saban, and Sid and Marty Krofft of Saturday morning past...
    Many of the studios you mentioned were defunct years before this news was dropped. It's irrelevant to this discussion. You're not seriously trying to blame 4KidsTV for the demises of Filmation and Kroft studios, are you?
    Last edited by Goldstar Neo; 10-04-2007 at 05:27 PM.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think he's mourning over Saturday morning cartoons in general. I can't blame him. But honestly, the writing was on the wall when CBS started their pathetic Nick Jr. line up back years ago. Since then, it's been a downward spiral.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast