Quantcast
Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    DrTooth is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Yeah, I was using it as an analogy. Plus, the people that wind up running that company seem to not want to be there. Again, another Kids WB/TRU compairison. And the lack of variety.... another one.

But looking at crap like Skunk Fu... I mean, are they even trying with their non-WB programs? I mean, they have been laboring to make The Batman better, and apparently this is its last season (but that's third hand knowledge) They thankfully decided to drop loonatics, which was a bad idea from the start. Don't get me wrong. looney Tunes fighting evil has some potential, if you were willing to have fun with it. They didn't. That's why I think Duck Dodgers was a better attempt.

I'm still a might sore they didn't give Xiaolin Showdown a proper ending. not even a DTV movie. just saying "Oh, Raymundo... you're the leader." "YAAAAAY" Fade to black. thehn randomly adding it a fourth season of reruns. I find it odd they'd do that in this day and age. I recall it worked well in the old days. Some shows only had one season, but it would be rerun for years to come.

I just hope this is a dry spell. Not a trend.
    "Borgoroth of Coolswordoroth shimmies for no Man!"- Strongbad

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I received this update from a source close to Kids'WB! While a surprising twist, things aren't as bad as they may seem.

4Kids Entertainment will begin programming The CW Networks Saturday morning schedule in September 2008. Until then, the schedule will most likely remain as it is now (with the exception of midseason replacements The Spectacular Spider-Man and The World of Quest entering the slate in early 2008). But what of some of the network mainstays, like The Batman and Legion of Super Heroes? Their situation does not change. Their continued production has always been dependent on a distributor/network placing an order for episodes. Warner Bros. Animation produces animated entertainment for a wide variety of distribution platforms, such as broadcast and cable television, direct-to-DVD, broadband, wireless, etc. So, as many feared, they will likely find a new home, so dont worry about that. If anything, this could produce some exciting developments for the series.

And remember, 4Kids is an acquisition/distribution company. Warner Bros. Animation is an animation studio. If 4Kids wants to acquire and distribute WBA productions, the option is there. Of course, thats not the only option for WBA. Within recent months, the barriers between production companies and distributors completely blurred. Batman: The Animated Series and Superman: The Animated Series are both currently airing on JETIX, a part of Toon Disney. Plus, we got Pinky and the Brian joining the Toon Disney lineup in the near future. Who would have thought wed see three decidedly Warner Bros.-branded series airing on a Disney-owned network. Just a few years ago, a deal like that was unthinkable. Now its a sign that anything is possible. Things are changing and doors are opening, no question.

At this time, in terms of television series animation, there is no answer as to what will be produced for next fall. A number of projects are in development, and any WBA series currently in production can be extended. But typically, November and December are the months when those decisions begin to be formulate. However, series pick-ups are not announced until February, so those answers will probably not be finalized until early in 2008.

And just remember, WBA has a lot of productions beyond television to look forward to. WBA thriving in the direct-to-DVD market Superman Doomsday sales are outstanding, as are the current numbers for our latest Scooby-Doo release. WB in full production on New Frontier and the third film in the DCU series. WBA is also finalizing scripts and development on several others. Another Scooby DVD is in production, and others are being developed. Take into consideration all that AND WBs upcoming original animated productions for T-Works and youll see that its a busy time at WBA.

Wanted is offline Toonmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm really gonna have to keep my eye on this T-Works thing.

Burgundy Ranger is offline Disney XD/Vortexx schedule guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    His mentioning of the three entities (Superman, Batman, Pinky) currently airing on Jetix and that the once-inconcievable arrangements are now reality causes me to think that there might just be more en route to the Mouse.

To me, Jetix's biggest liability has been a very low percentage of new product on the air at any one time. Right now, it's just Power Rangers and Digimon, with second seasons of Yin Yang Yo and Pucca on the way.

To get things like The Batman and LSH would be big and be a totally logical extension of having the two TAS series already on the schedule.

I just wish they were a bit more consistent with their commitment to shows already on their schedule -- still don't quite get why they pulled the plug on shows like WITCH and Super Robot Monkey Team which were quite good and had production people/studios willing to do more.

But that's about as far as I'll go or else this post becomes one more suited for the Disney board.

Rahxepy is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just think the only shows that will remain on the next work are Spiderman, Legion of superheroes, and Maybe The Batman. I think because Superheroes are in as well as Video Games they are gonna try to merge the two for the CW. But I think 4Kids make at least two more Hero Show for next fall maybe Thundercats and firestorm. plans on producing their own shows would do just as well considering their own shows are the ones that are doing well for 4Kids TV. I see Viva, Chaotic, and TMNT, shifting over to the CW. And Dino King is doing well too so that might go there. I'm confused. I don't know how the hell they are going to do this with out killing most of their properties. I mean alot of companies have more tan one network though so it could work..IDK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Batman and Legion make more sense for CN, imho. At least people get that channel, while no one gets Toon Disney.

Although anything is possible with those shows, I just pray they air a place people can see them (ie, not Toon Disney).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahxepy View Post
    I see Viva, Chaotic, and TMNT, shifting over to the CW. And Dino King is doing well too so that might go there.
    Aside from TMNT, these are shows that really make us worry about the network's future. A show based on an unpopular game (though I heard good things about it) a cheesy attempt at an online game, and a cheesy attempt to get a toy line which will never be made.

dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    There goes the good old days of Hanna-Barbera, Filmation, DFE, Rankin-Bass, Disney, Warner Bros., Ruby-Spears, DIC, Marvel, Film-Roman, Saban, and Sid and Marty Krofft of Saturday morning past...

Goldstar Neo is offline Straight cash, homey!
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dth1971 View Post
    There goes the good old days of Hanna-Barbera, Filmation, DFE, Rankin-Bass, Disney, Warner Bros., Ruby-Spears, DIC, Marvel, Film-Roman, Saban, and Sid and Marty Krofft of Saturday morning past...
    Many of the studios you mentioned were defunct years before this news was dropped. It's irrelevant to this discussion. You're not seriously trying to blame 4KidsTV for the demises of Filmation and Kroft studios, are you?
    Last edited by Goldstar Neo; 10-04-2007 at 05:27 PM.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' twisted take on the world of cartoons and all things geeky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think he's mourning over Saturday morning cartoons in general. I can't blame him. But honestly, the writing was on the wall when CBS started their pathetic Nick Jr. line up back years ago. Since then, it's been a downward spiral.