Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Classic Speedy is offline It's not Regis!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Animation Domination: King of the Hill Talkback: "The Peggy Horror Picture Show"

Like This Thread!

At long last, after almost a year of waiting, a brand new King of the Hill airs tonight! It seems to be from the actual eleventh season in production code, not a season 9 or 10 holdover, at least according to epguides.com. Synopsis from fox.com:
    Peggy, feeling a bit unfeminine because of her clothes and size-16 feet, befriends Carolyn, who views Peggy as the epitome of womanhood. Hank is thrilled that Peggy finally has someone else to talk to about her girl problems. But when Carolyn turns out to be a drag queen and mistakenly invites Peggy to perform in “her” stage show, it’s up to Hank and the drag queens to help a devastated Peggy rediscover her femininity in ”The Peggy Horror Picture Show” episode of KING OF THE HILL Sunday, Jan. 28 (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (KH-1102) (TV-PG; L) CC
    "Ah, crusty pants, a filthy wall, good morning!"

tb4000 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    King of the Hill is always funny in a low key way, which is good.

"I've never felt so cosmopolitan. That's a word I learned in a bar."

.Automatisch is offline j.HP, c.Mp xx Flash Kick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope it stays in this slot... It's long been overlooked in those pre-8:00PM time slots, and I really hope that it stays where it is, at least for a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Peggy mentioning "shea butter" ftw. That's the stuff only midwestern/southern women know about, including my mom.

Classic Speedy is offline It's not Regis!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LOL at the Peggy biting animation. Someone needs to make a gif of that.

I also liked all of Bobby's and Joseph's pranks backfiring, such as Dale's marker on his face being mistaken as war paint and Bill driving off with the woman.

Hank: "That outfit. It's very... becoming."
    "Ah, crusty pants, a filthy wall, good morning!"

Moto Pete is offline Do You Believe!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    5 drink minuimum
    2008, 2010 & 2011 TOONZONE FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION
    Owner: Moto Pete

****** Now 2009 Guidelines compliant ****

.Automatisch is offline j.HP, c.Mp xx Flash Kick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The unisex bathroom was hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Funny how when Joesph first had his growth spurt he was somewhat annoyed by Bobby, now it's vice versa.

sdp
    sdp is offline God
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was pretty funny, i'm not the biggest KotH fan but its episodes are usually watchable/enjoyable. good to see a new episode with an interesting plot.

Nel_Annette is offline Go green!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I enjoyed Bobby and Joseph's pranks backfiring. I found the oversupportive mother pretty funny, too.

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh King of the Hill, it's been too long. I think the best part of this episode was the fact that Hank just couldn't comprehend the fact that Jamie was dressing up as Carolyn. I also liked Bobby pranking Joseph at the end.

I wonder how long it's going to be until we get to see Luanne with Lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by [solid]snake View Post
    I hope it stays in this slot... It's long been overlooked in those pre-8:00PM time slots, and I really hope that it stays where it is, at least for a bit.
    Agreed.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Luna is offline Daydreamer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm VERY happy to see new King of the Hill episodes,esp at a good time slot(I missed several episodes when it ran at 7/7:30PM)....
    I thought the episode was really funny....

I loved that Hank couldn't understand that "Carolyn" was a drag queen
    Bobby and Josef's "pranks" backfiring by accidently giving the person they pranked good luck...
    and I loved the ending,where all the drag queens make Peggy feel better about herself (like Peggy,sometimes I feel unfeminine,though I don't have big feet,and I'd never be mistaken for a drag queen)...
    "Yeah,well,I've got a dream too.But it's about singing and dancing and making people happy.That's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with.And well,I've found a whole bunch of friends who have the same dream.And it kind of makes us like a family." -Kermit the Frog (The Muppet Movie)

The Myst is offline Truthiness for Springfield
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I loved Hank's obliviousness. The episode was all right. I've thought the show ran out of steam a few seasons ago for some time and I stand by that but it's not bad. I'm just not really laughing out loud.
    "The category is Hydromagnetic Magnetoidal Dimensions. When travelling at a subsonic speed during the last one hour of hypersleep, which vector of the Romulan Nebula will suffer the wrath of the impenetrable quickening? And for extra points, how many wraths to the nearest moulton? Be specific, this is a real question." - Ned Hastings

"It is I, Cloneborg! I have come to destroy you!" -
    Cloneborg

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Hills are back with a vengeance. This was truly one of their wittiest episodes.

One of my hopes is that we see Luanne's baby by the end of the season; I hope they haven't forgotten. Or that the same time-slowing vortex that had Bobby only age one year over the entire course of the series doesn't affect Luanne too.

Wait, Luanne started the series as 18 and the last episode to announce her age said she was 21. Maybe she CAN have it if she hurries. Push, Platter, push!!
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

MeggieMay is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    and I loved the ending,where all the drag queens make Peggy feel better about herself (like Peggy,sometimes I feel unfeminine,though I don't have big feet,and I'd never be mistaken for a drag queen)...
    Well I have big feet and I want to know if that shop in Lubbock that supposedly has big shoes actually exists! I'd also wish I'd caught that search term she stuck in because I never get a hit to come up like that .

Anyway, it was a OK episode. Personally, I've never felt unfeminine because I have big feet but it drives me nuts that I can't go into a store and buy dress shoes. It's depressing that I've not bought a dress shoe off the shelf since I was a teenager or a pair of dress shoes through the mail since 2001, because it is incredably hard to find decently priced shoes for Size 14 women, let alone if you wear Size 16 womans .

PS: I have size 14 feet, which are a 12/12 1/2 in mens shoes. So Peggy's feet I think she would be around 14/14 1/2 in mens if she's a 16 Womans, if that helps anyone who doesn't quite have a concept of how big of a shoe size they are talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kuing of the hill still has not lost what it always had. I rould rather a show have low key humor and consistancy then fall the way the Simpsons has. King of the kill has lasted this long because it's style has never really gotten to stale.

dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like that drag man queen in the episode.

Is there going to be KOTH Season 12 in 2007-2008?

Treadwell is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's nice that Fox learned from Futurama and stopped scheduling the show when it was extremely likely to be preempted, and instead just waited to air them again (although at the new timeslot it could've been all along).

I just hope the Futurama comparison ends there and they don't decide to stop placing production orders because they have a backlog.

The Myst is offline Truthiness for Springfield
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treadwell View Post
    It's nice that Fox learned from Futurama and stopped scheduling the show when it was extremely likely to be preempted, and instead just waited to air them again (although at the new timeslot it could've been all along).
    Not really. The War At Home was in the extra slot on Sundays for some time.
    "The category is Hydromagnetic Magnetoidal Dimensions. When travelling at a subsonic speed during the last one hour of hypersleep, which vector of the Romulan Nebula will suffer the wrath of the impenetrable quickening? And for extra points, how many wraths to the nearest moulton? Be specific, this is a real question." - Ned Hastings

"It is I, Cloneborg! I have come to destroy you!" -
    Cloneborg

Mr. Manager is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really liked that. Hank being so naive to the whole situation was funny ("It's okay Peggy, you can talk to your friend Carolyn"). All of the little jokes worked (unisex bathroom, the cosmopolitan joke), and tthe episode's quality was consistent. Bobby's pranks backfiring were a good B-story, and I especially liked Joseph trying to get himself three wishes. I'm really hoping it's succesful in the slot and stays where it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by dth1971
    Is there going to be KOTH Season 12 in 2007-2008?
    Fox hasn't said anything about it, but I think that it'll end, unless this season does really well in the ratings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast