Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Anthonynotes is offline PBS: We rock harder than MTV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Richest cartoon characters?

Like This Thread!

A month or two back, Forbes magazine updated its list of the richest fictional characters, as such:

http://www.forbes.com/2006/11/14/for...ct15_sort.html

An entertaining enough idea for a list, even if I think their rankings are way off (IMO, Scrooge McDuck has to be the richest cartoon character ever, and probably uses the $36 billion listed for Warbucks as mattress stuffing ;-) ) and/or present questionable choices (Nigerian email scam guy?!).

Thus, my question: who would you pick as the richest cartoon characters, and (optional) how would you rank them?

For me, richest cartoon characters and their rankings might include:

1. Scrooge McDuck
    2. Flintheart Glomgold (second-richest duck and all, heh...)
    3. The Rich family (*not* just "Richie Rich" as the Forbes people list---since it's technically the fortune of his parents, Regina and Richard Rich (Sr.)).
    4. Bruce Wayne
    5. Lex Luthor (post-Crisis)?
    6. Montana Max?
    7. Daddy Warbucks?

Might go back and revise this (based on others' input/more time to think about it)... your choices?

Wussycat is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For the top 3, I pick the same as you.

dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What about Muffy Crosswire from Arthur?

Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scrooge for sure. He has that 60 ft. wherehouse filled to the brim of gold coins and swims in it.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors

Harukuro is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wussycat View Post
    For the top 3, I pick the same as you.
    I 2nd this comment. I really think Scrooge deserves the number 1 spot because he earned his money through hard and honest work and can remeber how he got each coin from his money bin.(which shows how much he cares)

Sharklady is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, there doesn't seem to be much debate here, about who should be in first place. Maybe we should accept Scrooge McDuck as a given, and just debate who the other top five should be.

For that slot, don't overlook Montgomery Burns (cue sinister music.)

BTW: I think Forbes' listing of Prince Abakaliki among it's 'fictional characters' was an imaginative manouver, if just a tad insensitive towards the dopes who actually fell for that ridiculous scam.

Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What was the name of that rich girl on Doug?
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors

Ahiru-kun is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What about Princess Morbucks? She bought a whole city. So her family has to be multibillionaires.
    Hora erat quinque.

ElBarto is offline Happy Cycler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mr. Burns has my vote.

One Very Important Thought.

The Weed Of Cri is offline Smarter than you
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would include David Xanatos, from Gargoyles. He is arguably the richest man in his world.

The Comte de Cagliostro (Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro) has nearly unlimited wealth, but he might be disqualified because he prints it himself.

For Forbes' Fictional 15, Doc Savage should have a place on the list. Hell, he's got more money than Lara Croft!

Hordesman is offline slashor
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've got to imagine David Xanatos is up there as one of the richest cartoon characters as well. His act of acquiring Castle Wyvern couldn't have been cheap in of itself and probably needed bribes in both Scotland and NYC to be permitted at all. It's not unheard of, between the Cloisters (which barely made a deadline on antiquities no longer being admitted outside their original country) and London Bridge which is now in Arizona, but for a private individual to accomplish such a project had to involve a massive amount of money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Pepper View Post
    Scrooge for sure. He has that 60 ft. wherehouse filled to the brim of gold coins and swims in it.
    More like 100-foot tall at least (judging from the depth gauge that's always in the money bin); that, and it's not all gold coins---it's also cash (bills, etc.), but guess gold coins are easier to animate.

Jeff Harris is offline Creator/Webmaster, TXB
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like where you're coming from, Brainy, but let me adjust the list a bit and the reasons why:

1. Scrooge McDuck (DuckTales)
    Net Worth of Total Assets: $250 billion and 10 cents (US)
    Cash on Hand: $150 billion and 10 cents(US)

A given. He could swim in gold coins, but you know he has paper money somewhere else, not to mention the fact that he owns numerous profitable businesses from toy companies, diamond fields, peanut farms and factories, gold mines, oil fields, etc., etc. So, that's real estate and actual businesses aside from just the money he saved in his own vault, which could be used to venture out into other businesses. Scrooge has it like that.

2. Flintheart Glomgold (DuckTales)
    Net Worth of Total Assets: $250 billion
    Cash on Hand: $150 billion

The second richest duck on the planet, equal to Scrooge in almost every way. However, he has to constantly play catchup to Scrooge in all of his endeavors.

3. The Rich Family (Richie Rich)
    Net Worth of Total Assets: $245 B
    Cash on Hand: $200 B

While they don't swim around in their excess money, the Riches owns a lot of global businesses as well. Their only heir, Richie, has an multimillion dollar allowance every week, a personal robot maid, and access to every resource in the world.

4. Mom (Futurama)
    Net Worth of Total Assets: $240 B
    Cash on Hand: $150 B

All robots are made by her factory. All robot accessories and components are made by her company. She is the mother of all of Earth's robotic workers, which she can control at will, thus making her one of the planet's most beloved and most dangerous beings.

5. Bruce Wayne (Batman, Justice League)
    Net Worth of Total Assets: $220 B
    Cash on Hand: $40 B (Most of his personal income is tied into The Wayne Foundation, which is in the multibillion range)

I believe that Bruce is richer than Forbes wants us to believe based on the holdings of Wayne Enterprises, which includes WayneTech (cybernetics and technology), Wayne Biotech and Medical (medical research and health care [including universal health care for the citizens of Gotham City]), Wayne Foods (dairies, canneries, farms, and cattle), Wayne Shipping, Wayne Steel and Shipbuilding, Wayne Chemicals (botanical products, petrochemicals [Wayne Oil], and pharmaceuticals), Wayne Aerospace (jets, airliners, and space vehicles), Wayne Industries (industrial products, mining, and factories), Wayne Electronics (home electronics and information technology), and Wayne Entertainment (television networks, stadiums, studios, and publishing [including the Daily Planet in Metropolis]). I didn't even count his holdings in other firms, including Kord Industries and his recent acquisition of certain LexCorp properties. Plus, he's a very generous individual with The Wayne Foundation and the most charitable individual on the list.

6. Lex Luthor (Superman, Justice League)
    Net Worth of Total Assets (before IC): $200 Billion
    Cash on Hand: $60 Billion

This is, of course, before the Infinite Crisis. He has his hands in many businesses from broadcast networks to consumer products to weapons factories. He's good at what he does businesswise, but he'd give it all up if he could just rid the world of that moralistic boy scout wrapped in a silly red sheet.

7. Tony Stark (Iron Man, Avengers)
    Net Worth of Total Assets: $180 Billion
    Cash on Hand: $40 Billion

Like Lex Luthor and Bruce Wayne, he's in the weapons industry. He also has Washington connections, which he used to his advantage in recent months.

8. David Xanathos (Gargoyles)
    Net Worth of Total Assets: $150 Billion
    Cash on Hand: $35 Billion

International traveller, weapons developer, and multimillionaire industrialist. He has access to numerous resources both financial and mystical. He's diabolical yet brilliant not unlike Tony Stark, but he also has allies with a group of ancient beings known as Gargoyles.

9. C. Montgomery Burns (The Simpsons)
    Net Worth of Total Assets: $125 Billion
    Cash on Hand: $20 Billion

Sure, his primary investment is the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant, but he has amassed a huge fortune over the years with numerous artifacts, including an original copy of the Constitution with the word "Chumps."

10. The Bluff family (Doug)
    Net Worth of Total Assets: $100 Billion
    Cash on Hand: $15 Billion

William "Bill" Bluff is a multibillionaire industrialist, owning numerous businesses, including real estate and land development, textiles, food products, and others both in and around Bluffington, which was founded by his decendent. He owns the city outright (something Mr. Burns can't claim on Springfield) and even named (and modeled) a new middle school after his daughter Beebe.
    What does the X stand for? It's definitely not Extreme. Extreme starts with E.

sun
    sun is offline You stay, I go
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll go with Bruce Wayne..

Now we know that Scrooge has that big Bin.....

But what we do not know, is what Bruce really has?
    Are his businesses greater than Scrooge??
    This question needs investigation..and when it comes to
    "investigation"..........................

I will give my vote to ...........................Bruce Wayne
    “The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it...Returning violence for violence multiples violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. ” –Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

...... Peace, Faith, Love, and Hope.

ElBarto is offline Happy Cycler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Harris View Post
    10. Krusty the Clown: Entertainment mogul. Former talk-show host turned children's entertainment magnate. Co-producer of Itchy and Scratchy cartoon series (often premiering new shorts on his nationally-syndicated afternoon kids show). Owner of Krusty Burger restaurant chain and Kamp Krusty summer camp chain. License holder of his image.
    No way. I think he has some money problems.

One Very Important Thought.

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBarto View Post
    No way. I think he has some money problems.
    Yeah, Krusty's not careful with his money at all, and it got to the point where he had to fake his death.

I'd say Mom from Futurama should be on the list.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Undrave is offline Forever Burning Heart!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Yeah, Krusty's not careful with his money at all, and it got to the point where he had to fake his death.

I'd say Mom from Futurama should be on the list.
    Yeah her Robot Monopoly must give her BILLIONS a day...and let's not forget all the money the robots give her on Mother's Day oO that alone would be enough to buy everything Krusty ever had

"People who meddle with secret identities get their memories erased."
    -------------
    "You murdered your own alter ego? Sounds socially awkward."

tucsoncoyote is offline Time to get my "Game face" on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A couple of the Youngest Millionaires on the block.

I think that a lot of folks tend to think that a lot of these people are the richest but then you also have to add in a few others (sure they're not on the Top 15 list but still you have to add in their parts.. Lemme give you a couple.

Name: Goldwyn 'Goldie' Gold
    Net worth: $640 million (Estimated)
    Residence: New York City New York, USA
    Source of Income: Accquisitions and Journalism.

It seems that in the 25 some odd years since she first hit the small TV series screen Goldwyn Gold better known to her friends as 'Goldie' has been a rather busy girl. Ever since 18 when she accquired her inheritence from her late father, Miss Gold has been a Trend setter and has been seen traveling the world looking for Accquisitons. Along with her own Journalism company Miss Gold has had numerous adventures and in fact has an associate she's been seen around with One Jack Travis (who is now in his late 40's to early 50's) But I highly doubt Miss Gold will ever get onto the top 15 list but still considering she's in her middle life, it's not to far fetched if she'll be eventually another Multi-billion dollar heiress like Lara Croft.

and then there is this dapper fellow:

Name: Ronald Adrian Dean Stoppable
    Net worth: Initially $99 million (2004) later reduced to Zero but has since in the last 12 months accquired about $1.3 million back which is more then likely kept in a trust fund. (Estimated)
    Residence: Middleton Colorado, United States
    Source of Income: Cullinary and Food Services.

Now here's a guy who more then likely will get back to business even though he's been Robbed and manipulated. But with this teenage Culinary Genius who created perhaps one of the best known items since "The Whopper" or "The Big Mac" Mr. Stoppable's Royalty income of a nickel for every naco has been able to recoup some of his losses. Of course this teenage culinary expert probably would have some new and more interesting culinary delights provided that he is allowed some time to create them when not Jetsetting around the world saving it from the likes of Crazed Megalomaniacs.

But given time, Mr. Stoppable could in fact become the first Multi-millionarie by the time he hits 20 or 21 and could by the time he retires from the "Save the World" Business and marries his high School Sweet-heart Kimberly Anne Possible at age 28, he could have amassed a small fortune to the tune of about 300-400 million dollars (Considering he is able to accqure a nickel royalty for each item he creates).

So even though Wayne and The rest of the Multi-billonaires of the world should be not worried about Mr. Stoppable's Culinary delights, maybe they should try a few. After all for a person who is skilled in the cullinary arts, I have to say one thing. Mr. Stoppable is no slouch He's a Cullinary Genius from the word go. Booyah Indeed.

Cryptozoology 101: The truth is real.

Friday nights on CN.. Action, Adventure, and.. Chilli Fries?

Kim Possible 2002-2007. Save the Cheerleader, Save the World. and for one brief Moment, we the fans, did save the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Might want to add to the list of wealthy types somewhere Hiram Lodge, father of Veronica Lodge of "Archie"... though they're probably just multimillionaires vs. billionaires...

Kazuya Prower is offline Keeping it Tails since 2005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Pepper View Post
    What was the name of that rich girl on Doug?
    Do you mean Beebe Bluff? She was the only rich one until the Disney episodes when Roger got rich.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast