View Poll Results: Tell the truth... what did you think?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 (I loved it, fabulous!)

0 0%
  • 4 (It was serendipity! That's a real word, right?)

1 14.29%
  • 3 (Cool as the other side of the pillow!)

5 71.43%
  • 2 (We can go with that, yeah, sure!)

1 14.29%
  • 1 (Do you really want my honest opinion?)

0 0%
  • 0 (I hated it! No, really, I hated it!)

0 0%
    Freedom Fighter is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4K!dsTV Talkback: Winx Club "Mirror of Truth"

Like This Thread!

Come join the club...

The wait is over! Winx Club Season 3 hits the U.S. with new surprises, new powers, and new villains awaiting our heroines! Better get up early or set your tape... this season, the fairies are up first! And we're kicking things off with a touch of royalty...

Today's Premiere: #156 "Mirror of Truth"
    Airs: Saturday, Nov. 4 at 8 am
    Summary: Stella must get in touch with her inner beauty; the girls must cross dangerous mountains to survive their quest.
    Flashback to Last Week's Premiere: "Pretty Pretty Princess" Talkback

Uh... let's just go with a simple 'watch and review' this week. Now... go!

Freedom Fighter's Library (Last Updated 5/7-10/12 It's "Fresh from Europe" pregame week!)
    Fanfiction.Net (Last Updated 5/7/12 - Fireside Diaries, Episode 215)

Darcy is offline Takey takey! Wipey outey!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode finished off the Stella’s a monster storyline, introduced the Enchantix and some new characters, and introduced the Tides mission. That’s a lot for one episode, but it didn’t feel really…monumental or anything. It felt more like filler. Weird. Maybe it’s just my personal mood this morning. I’m not entirely awake.

Stella and Brandon cemented themselves as the strongest and most realistic of the show’s relationships, but Tecna/Timmy and Bloom/Sky put in good moments, too.

Tecna and Musa had some good strong moments during the griffin fight. Good to see characters other than Bloom and Stella fighting tough. But when will Flora get to do so? I’m still waiting for her turn. She’s been less annoying this season, so I like her more, but she still needs to actually do something.

Layla’s moping was getting a bit obnoxious. She needs to learn to trust other people. I thought we covered this before, but it looks like she’s still got a long way to go. Actually, this just occurred to me, but where were the pixies? Layla could have used some love from Piff to help her cheer up. It's sad that I'm already forgetting the pixies exist, just because we rarely see them anymore.

The highlight of the ep for me was seeing all the different students, both new and old. I want to know more about Galatea, Nova and a lot of the other girls we saw, though I think it’s sad that we already know more about Galatea than we do about all the old minor fairies. Amaryl’s the only one who even comes close and we only know one of her powers. I want more background character info! I know the show's not about them, but they intrigue me.

Enchantix sounds like it’s going to be very interesting! It’s going to be quite exciting to see just who the girls have to save and what they have to sacrifice to earn this final step. Bloom’s also got a big problem there. I wonder if she’ll be the last to get her Enchantix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm with you, Darcy. Nothing special... just plugging and chugging along in the storyline.

With Stella 'out of battle' and Bloom delegating like a leader should (and probably still gloating after her dive tactic last week... in my personal opinion, though she clearly didn't seem like she was), Tecna and Musa step it up and rescue the girls' 'babies' after having to deal with the mother griffin and her babies. Points for both of them (and Musa needed it).

Though Tecna's new VA still doesn't sound as good as her old one, she is doing a good job of getting into the role and making it her own.

The main part of the first arc of the story is completed as well, as Stella passes the test and does get her looks back. Glad to have that over, as I disliked how much stock she put in her looks when she should have known that Brandon would stick by her no matter what. I'd like to think she'd remember that from now on... but I have a feeling something else will come along later on that makes that point moot once again.

The B-side of that arc looks like it will carry over into a latter part of the season, just as the girls start up their third (junior) year at Alfea. The deal with Chimera and her mother Cassandra, muscling their way into the royal palace, will be a real sticking point for Stella's happiness.

On that note, in comes the introduction for the next power upgrade for the girls... the Enchantrix. Getting it is the only way to pass the year at Alfea. To obtain it, according to Miss Faragonda, requires each girl to save someone they know in their own respective realms. The Stella situation already presents a possibility, even if an unpopular one with her (not thought of by Stella... the person probably needing saving being her father, the King). Musa meets a girl whose from the same musically-inclined area, though not from the same realm. There's the question of who Bloom saves when, at this point in time, she is the only known survivor of Sparks. Possible targets for Flora and Tecna haven't presented themselves yet.

The ripest possiblity for completion at this point lies with Layla, who has reappeared in time for classes. Back yet despondent over how her realm is falling to Baltor and there doesn't seem to be anything anyone can do about it, the girls decide it's time to head out on another trip to help another teammate. Looks like Layla's not only getting screentime next week, but maybe even some star time too.

I'll wrap up with the final line of the episode, in which Bloom states that she'll make sure what happened to Sparks 17 years ago doesn't befall Tides. Interesting... that means Bloom was sent from her home realm within a year of her birth. Just wanna stick that fact out there.

A lot of plot development, but little in the way of excitement. Maybe Layla can help give this season a jump start before it really starts to sink too deep.

"Mirror of Truth": 6.5/10.

Freedom Fighter's Library (Last Updated 5/7-10/12 It's "Fresh from Europe" pregame week!)

Darcy is offline Takey takey! Wipey outey!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Fighter
    Musa meets a girl whose from the same musically-inclined area, though not from the same realm.
    Actually Galatea is from the same realm, but a different planet. So she may be Musa's girl!

Man, I would love to see Layla get her Enchantix first. That would be nice. I hope the girls get them at different occasions, well-spaced out throughout the season, instead of lumped together in a couple episodes.

I'm glad we finally cemented this Sparx thing, too. I know some people have been wondering if it happened when Bloom was a baby (around 17 years ago) or a longer time ago and Bloom was somehow moved around in time. I think there was confusion over the time frame, especially in Season 1. Now it's been cleared up. Makes me wonder if we'll see the witch coven, because if that was only 17 years ago, they could still exist.

trayguy is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought that this was a nice episode . I'm expecting something to happen to Bloom in the future. I don't know what it is but, I .m sure it will be big.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy
    Actually Galatea is from the same realm, but a different planet. So she may be Musa's girl!

Man, I would love to see Layla get her Enchantix first. That would be nice. I hope the girls get them at different occasions, well-spaced out throughout the season, instead of lumped together in a couple episodes.
    Yeah, I had to walk away from the TV at the start of the third act to take care of something, so though I could hear what was going on, I wasn't paying much attention to when Galatea and that girl Stella met from her realm appeared.

I'm betting on the Enchantrix quest being spread out, too. Remember, the Charmix weren't even mentioned until the second half of last season. So there's more time to bring them into the fold, which I hope the writers will do since each girl will hopefully have a good story tied into it.

I'll be really unhappy if they try to force it together all at once. I'm not looking for a Charmix-gathering repeat (Bloom, then everyone else 'cept Flora, and then Flora, all over... what was it, three or four episodes?).

Viper is offline I'll Never Forget You Two!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here are my thoughts on this ep:

1. I thought that was a great battle up against those giant birds. I also felt the part with Brandon reaching to save Stella was exciting too.

2. Well, looks like the "Mirror of Truth" changed Stella back to normal. Of course, it DID take all her friends to convince her that "it's what's inside that counts.":anime:

3. I see Layla's back in one piece, but she sure looked depressed about Tides. Who can blame her?

4. We seem to have some new faces at Alfea this year. I'm referring to music club's Galatea & Stella's close friend, Nova.

5. Wow, Stella's now even more upset about Cassandra & Chimera after getting the news from Nova!

6. That "Enchantix" final exam sounds very difficult, IMO. Considering they'll each have to save someone from their own realms to pass. Sadly, that's gonna be a bit tough for poor Bloom, since everyone on Sparx has disappeared.

7. I'm so glad Layla finally opened up about her feelings about Tides and Baltor. It was important for her to. Hey, they've been through hard battles before, so why should this be any different?

So, I thought this was a good ep. Stella's back to normal (sort of), school's back in session, we met some new fairies, and new excitement is about to begin! I give this 3.5 stars.
    Best Kim Possible Dialogue:
    Kim(to Ron): You're weird.
    Ron(embarrassed) Kim.
    Kim: Shhh. I like weird.

Most Memorable Winx Club Dialogue:
    Dark Bloom: Why don't you fight?! Or is it because I'm more powerful than the five of you combined?!

Flora(furious at the Trix for hurting Rose): SHE WAS MY SISTER!!!!!

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I felt the bird's were a great and hillarious addition that provided a good amount of suspense. Once they got to the cave though, I found the episode to be predictable, and the fact that school is startting again so soon for them felt like they just wanted to rush into the next part, but hopefully our new villian will be targeting the school to make it more exciting.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!