Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    J'onn J'onzz is offline Best Male Member '08
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward "Headlock Prime" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

After a few weeks of reruns, TMNT:FF returns.

Raphael competes in a wrestling tournament.
    Last edited by J'onn J'onzz; 09-30-2006 at 11:24 AM.

sdp
    sdp is offline God
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i like the new intro,

as for the episode itself, it is one of the weakest FF episodes i think, it was fairly boring, though it did remind me some of the TMNT Adventures comic with the wrestling angle,
    it seemed more like a mikey episode, the way raph was acting.

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The highlight of the episode: "Cowabunga.' The rest of the episode was fairly dull, but at least they didn't make it any worse than previous Fast Forward episodes, and wrestling epsiodes always have some cmoic moments.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Shredder565 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just a big Ultimate Muscle Copy... oh, and even though it's a REAL Vehicle in our world, did I mention they also copied General Grevious and his transport?

Other than that, I liked this one better than the others. I thought it was more fun..... Raph Saying Cowabunga sounded almost like Movie Raph who I beleive said it once as well... One of the aliens heads sounded like a mix between Mark Hamill and Cam Clarke, with the interchanging laughs..

On the whole, I really don't care if I miss an episode of this Turtles Incarnation, compared to the dark and gritty series it used to be, as it's just more disposable now...but I'll still support it hoping that it'll eventually return to it's roots. Stupid Overseas marketing department...first they cause Mikey to loose his chucks in the first series....now this.

CyberCubed is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mikey being hypnotized by the videogame makes it hard to believe this is the same show as the one I've watched last year.

I'm glad the action scenes are still fun to watch, but the story was pretty much nothing but fighting.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Raph just said Cowabunga... Interesting.

This show isn't awful but it's basically nothing but filler compared to the past 4 seasons.

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas

Dark Fact is offline Preaching evil since '04
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You would have to be a fan of pro wrestling in order to get any sense of enjoyment out of this episode. I thought it was pretty entertaining but that's because I used to watch WWF/WWE back then.

Man, Raph said Cowabunga and didn't even make it look lame. Nice work.

So that's why there were so many weeks of repeats of Fast Forward. The animators were working on a brand new intro for the show. I like it and it glides pretty smoothly throughout the whole opening!

Looks like next week's episode will have the slave selling villain from the first episode of this season and it'll be video game themed. Hope it's good.

P.S. The swirling eyes on Michelangelo when he saw the Helix game looked so forced for comedic effect. Thumbs down. And isn't Helix a growth formula for farmer's crops?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Highwind
    "FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST--Here comes a new challenger, we're gonna get one hell of a show! Which one of these fighters will walk away a champion?!"

Shredder565 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Agreed on the swirling eyes... It almost looked too anime' for my tastes in the way it was done, but for some reason that was the first thing I thought of when I saw it. Definetly dosn't belong in a show that's supposed to be based in reality.

I.E. Not Scooby Doo where a character dosn't fall off a cliff untill he looks down.

Dark Fact is offline Preaching evil since '04
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wait wait, I know. That Helix game was a red herring. Michelangelo was really hypnotized by Wario all along. Wario was telling Michelangelo not to let Mario get the 6 golden coins and not to let Mario reach the palace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Highwind
    "FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST--Here comes a new challenger, we're gonna get one hell of a show! Which one of these fighters will walk away a champion?!"

SirLemming is offline a playa in a world of NPCs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm still undecided on whether this show is just as hit-or-miss as it's always been and the new setting just makes it more obvious, or if it really has gotten worse. In any event, yeah, this was a dull episode.
    THE CASTLE OF SIR LEMMING
    THIS MONTH'S UPDATE: Christmas Countdown! 25 Christmas songs of interest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast