Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cartoons90 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jewish or Italian mobsters?

Like This Thread!
    Well, I was thinking back to some of the classic Warner Bros. Looney Tunes cartoons with that two man mob that tried to capture Bugs Bunny, but Bugs always outsmarted them at the end. The mob included the short leader (I think his name was Bugsy) and the big dumb sidekick. I remember the line "Shut up shuddin' up" being one of the episodes.

Recently I've begun to wonder though, do you think this two man gang was supposed to be Italian or Jewish? I myself am half-Jewish and have done research before on famous Jewish people in history and know that in decades past there were several Jewish gangs and such, and since one of the guys' names was Bugsy, it makes me wonder if he was supposed to be based of Bugsy Siegel.

So does anyone know if this two man gang was supposed to be Jewish or Italian, or maybe something else?

tb4000 is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Most of the characters had a New Yawk/Joisey accent as it was, so it could've been anything. They basically kept it ambiguous like that.

Kaoru is offline She is a girl
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought it was Mugzy. They also appeared in the videogame Lost in Time. I really like Looney Tunes because they could make even the shadiest characters colorful (if colorful = funny).

New Yawk/Joisey
    That really IS how they spell there, seriously!

BTW, this is unrelated and maybe outlawed, but why do so many people say they are half-Jewish? What is that? I'm just curious.
    完全な花はまれなものです。貴方は、一つを捜すためにあなたの生涯を過ごすことができました。また、それは衰弱した生活ではありませんでした。゛ーー 勝本、最後の侍

literal translations http://www2.worldlingo.com/en/produc...ranslator.html * 濠州アドルト*スイム

>>>>>>>http://youtube.com/watch?v=TtQDpfiuBTI<<<<<<<

American cartoons only have American funding (if you can call it that), and the rest is made up of Japanese ideas, Canadian voice-acting and Korean animation.

Cartoons90 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whyiscrowdpurpl
    I thought it was Mugzy. They also appeared in the videogame Lost in Time. I really like Looney Tunes because they could make even the shadiest characters colorful (if colorful = funny).

That really IS how they spell there, seriously!

BTW, this is unrelated and maybe outlawed, but why do so many people say they are half-Jewish? What is that? I'm just curious.
    Yeah, classic Loony Tunes was awesome.

I just say I'm half-Jewish because my mom is not Jewish and my dad is Jewish.

Sharklady is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Assuming you mean these guys...

http://www.vegalleries.com/wbltd/35hideaway.jpg

... their names were Rocky (little boss guy) and Mugsy (big dumb guy.) And I don't think they had any identifiable ethnic identity; they were just generic gangsters for Bugs to foil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LOL ^ Caption that pic!

"This is sanitation police and you boys need a bath to work in that hotel!"
    -"(in unisin) But I donwanna bath!"

or "You can't live there, whattiya wainin faw? Let's go pick out some decor to brighten this place up!"
    - No we like it that way!
    - (Bugz) "I'm on it chief!"

literal translations http://www2.worldlingo.com/en/produc...ranslator.html * 濠州アドルト*スイム

American cartoons only have American funding (if you can call it that), and the rest is made up of Japanese ideas, Canadian voice-acting and Korean animation.

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartoons90
    Yeah, classic Loony Tunes was awesome.

I just say I'm half-Jewish because my mom is not Jewish and my dad is Jewish.
    He means, are Jews a religion or a race? This is something I've wondered myself because Sarah Silverman isn't exactly a rabbi.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: In the newest (relatively speaking) Misfit Christmas Special, someone stole Santa Claus! Can a bestselling author and her talking mouse get to the bottom of this?

BCVM22 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianinvader
    He means, are Jews a religion or a race? This is something I've wondered myself because Sarah Silverman isn't exactly a rabbi.
    It all depends on who you ask; different people look at it different ways. If you want to be technical, Jewish religious law states that religion is passed down from the mother, i.e. if your mother is Jewish, then you technically are too. However, throughout the different levels of observance, some families eschew that and take their Judaism from the father's side, some families practice both (double holiday presents!). It depends entirely on who you ask.
    Rules to live by.
    Any arguments to the contrary will be subsequently mocked and possibly nya-nya'd at.

"It is my understanding that Toonami
    has a policy against zero g boobies."
    -William C. Maune

Smilies that need to be outlawed due to over/misuse:
    Be a good citizen: don't abuse the smilies.

Cortez2301 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think those mobsters were either Italian or Jewish.Usually at that time you would find both kinds in NewYork and chicago and thats what they were really doing.Usually you can figure that out from their accents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianinvader
    I didn't exactly think they're a race, they just don't like to cut their hair much so they look different (full versions). I guess people just grow up saying what they are told they are without giving it much taught religion wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22
    It all depends on who you ask; different people look at it different ways. If you want to be technical, Jewish religious law states that religion is passed down from the mother, i.e. if your mother is Jewish, then you technically are too. However, throughout the different levels of observance, some families eschew that and take their Judaism from the father's side, some families practice both (double holiday presents!). It depends entirely on who you ask.
    Why don't you ask god?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast