View Poll Results: The Turtles/Bishop alliance...

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • A match made in heaven.

4 33.33%
  • Eeh...not surprising, really--it was bound to happen.

3 25.00%
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

5 41.67%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Ian
    Ian is offline ¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TMNT Talkback: Episode 4.24 (25): "Good Genes, pt. 2" (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Episode 4.24 (25): Good Genes, part 2
    Original Air Date: April 8, 2006
    Written by Christopher Yost

Previously on TMNT: Searching for leads on how to cure the mutated Donatello, the turtles and Leatherhead make their way to Area 51, homebase of the Earth Protection Agent Bishop. There, they reach an agreement: the turtles will retrieve and return to Bishop a high-tech amulet currently held by the Foot, in exchange for a cure for Donny. However, there are two things the turtles don't know: one, that Bishop doesn't have an anti-virus, and two, that the only reason Bishop even knows about the amulet is because he was told about it by a seemingly omniscient entity...and those are never good.

This week, on TMNT: The Turtles infiltrate the Foot's latest headquarters. You'd think that by now, the Foot would have learned to save themselves the trouble of defending the thing and to just let the turtles in.

Random note: You know, I was thinking that the only similarity between the Heart of Tengu and the Sword of Tengu was their names, at least until I remembered: the only reason Splinter could defeat the Mystics was because he was using the Sword of Tengu. So now I'm thinking that the thing that made the Sword of Tengu so effective against the Mystics is the same thing that allows the Heart of Tengu to control them--meaning that the similarity in names is very much intentional.

Inner City Blue is offline Diamond in the Back
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I noticed that too, much like apple juice and apple sauce both have "apple" in the name, plus they taste very similar. I'm thinking they are definitely related and the naming must be intentional.

Simpler Simon is offline Always in Style
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Isn't Tengu a Japanese mythological bird demon or something like that? I never did quite get the naming...
    Note to self: No More Heroes avatar in use since April 10/2009. Previous avatar lasted 2 years, 9 months and 4 days!!! Holy Stale Avatar Batman!!

sdp
    sdp is offline God
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    a bird warrior, also Power Rangers Grunt army guys ;D

LordTerminal is offline The old-school DK is back!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great line from Raph after seeing Foot Mechs: "oooh toys"

He still continues to be my favorite turtle.

EDIT: Now Raph's tearing the place up with a mech.
    If anyone comes up and asks "Are you a spy?" just say "Yes! Can't you read? But I'm undercover!" - Don Patch

He who is tired of Weird Al, is tired of life. - Homer Simpson

Duke is offline Truer Words Were Never Spoken
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdp
    a bird warrior, also Power Rangers Grunt army guys ;D
    Actually, they're called Tengas.
    Spubman: Defender of the Way of the Spub's Thingy of the Time Being:
    Anime: Miso Soup for the Soul

sdp
    sdp is offline God
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wow, what a great episode, i've been positive about fast forward but man unless they resolve this next episode i'm kind of moody about it as well now.

i guess we were right about the 'real' shredder thing now ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    Actually, they're called Tengas.
    oh, i'm a little rusty in PR then

Dark Fact is offline Preaching evil since '04
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, just wow!

I thought last week's first parter was good...but today? Wow!

The whole episode just had me on the edge of my seat. It's been a long time since I saw an episode of the turtles with pacing this good!

So, the mysterious cloaked figure was just one of the foot mystics in disguise and they had the turtles steal the Heart of Tengu just to have it destroyed and set them free? Brilliant scheme!

And it turns out that there is a REAL Shredder after all! But what's this about a resurrection? Is the real Oroku Saki comotose somewhere or is he dead and the foot mystics are planning to bring him back to life?

Next week looks to be the season finale. Guess they won't air "Insane in the Membrane" after all.

P.S. Casey hocking a computer monitor at the other monitors just to disrupt the security system and blacking out half the city is comedy gold!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Highwind
    "FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST--Here comes a new challenger, we're gonna get one hell of a show! Which one of these fighters will walk away a champion?!"

Inner City Blue is offline Diamond in the Back
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bah, Fast Forward does not look like a good idea right now. The whole origin of the Shredder and the mystic Turtles would have been a much better storyline.

Dark Fact is offline Preaching evil since '04
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree. To have the turtles get thrown into the future now just when the plot to resurrect the true Shredder is getting underway could really compromise the pacing of the show.

I still can't believe they're not going to bother with "Insane in the Membrane" though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Highwind
    "FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST--Here comes a new challenger, we're gonna get one hell of a show! Which one of these fighters will walk away a champion?!"

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast