View Poll Results: Innocence isn't Avalon, but in reality it means...

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 (The epitome of innocence requires a fuku, a big yellow bow hair ribbon, and archery skills.)

2 25.00%
  • 4 (Innocence is being teeny-fied and rocking into generic yet whimsical and suggestive plots.)

5 62.50%
  • 3 (A synonym for innocence is blissful fun, especially when equating traveling around the world to running circles around a globe and yelling the same phrase over and over again.)

1 12.50%
  • 2 (You know innocence involves a boy who worships a 'Prancing, Prancing Princess'... available in pink, hot pink, and ultra pink!)

0 0%
  • 1 (You can't get more innocent than a group of genius toddlers who can fly a rocket ship and get away with being bad singers.)

0 0%
  • 0 (The truth of innocence can be summed up in these words: 'Made by overworked, underpaid seamstresses in a run-down factory in Detroit.')

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Freedom Fighter is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talkback: Winx Club "Darkness and Light" (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Come join the club...

It's time to catch up with the latest adventure featuring those fashionable fairies, now sophomores, at Alfea. Season 2 of the Winx Club is rolling towards its end, and Darkar has all four pieces of the Codex! Two new episodes back-to-back every week!

Last Week: #147 "Trouble in Paradise" Talkback #148 "Last Resorts" Talkback
    This Week (1 of 2): #149 "Darkness and Light"
    Premieres Saturday, March 4 at 9:30 am
    Summary: Bloom finds she is not safe anywhere when a mysterious prisoner escapes Shadowhunt. (Eh, Shadowhunt? Darn summary...)
    Also This Week: #150 "Desperately Seeking Bloom" Talkback - Airs at 10 am

If anyone can manage to figure out what I'm referring to for this poll's options, then by golly, you probably watch too many cartoons... especially a few you and I probably shouldn't be watching.

Uh... yeah... enjoy, I guess?

Freedom Fighter's Library (Last Updated 5/7-10/12 It's "Fresh from Europe" pregame week!)
    Fanfiction.Net (Last Updated 5/7/12 - Fireside Diaries, Episode 215)

Darcy is offline Takey takey! Wipey outey!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thoughts, mostly copied from my comments on LJ.

AVALON: It was good to finally learn what his deal was, but I would like to know why he didn't try to escape before. Can't make me believe he wasn't stronger when he was first captured.

LIVY: Livy was cute in this ep, mostly in her feeling guilty for everything and when she yelled at Jolly.

GRISELDA: I enjoyed her in this ep. She's less of a heartless witch and more someone you could actually look up to with respect.

POSTURING: I absolutely loved it when the witch/space goblin blasted the fairies after Bloom's little speech. I've been waiting for a moment like that forever. Stop yammering and do something! But heroes always seem to get away with it. It was great to see them pay for it for once. Now if only someone would get attacked while transforming. Lengthy transformations always seem so impractical.

FLORA: UGH. I wanted to smack her so many times. First, she's a total wussy about the flower. The flower is going to DIE if you don't step up and you just sit there and blubber. Grow up. She should be a stronger person by now. I hate weakness and I don't have the patience for her floundering. Second, the thing with Helia. I so identified with Chatta this episode. She's just as frustrated with this whole subplot as I am. Flora actually wins the "most clueless about love" award. You'd think it would go to Tec, but no. So the baby finally gets her Charmix. Thank the gods. Can we move on now?

CHATTA: Rules. I heart her big time now.

JOLLY and AMORE: Their scene was so cute.

TECNA and MUSA: Good to see those two brainstorming with FG and Avalon. They were both VERY strong in this episode. Wonderful!

BLOOM: Is a bit too trusting. Also, I'm still wondering why she didn't use her Charmix in the resort realm. Someone said it was because she'd turn into Dark Bloom, but that couldn't be it, since she sure didn't turn into her this episode. She transformed with no problem. So what was the deal?

SKY, BRANDON and HELIA: Sky earned points for telling Helia to please report to the ship. Brandon earned them for his comment on the tea. Helia was actually likeable. He stepped up and helped Flora gain confidence. His reaction to her telling him she liked him was a little sickening, but eh, whatever. He's the feminine boy.

Overall, an excellent episode, despite the teeth-grinding Flora moments. Man, how she annoys me!

Hyper Shadow X is offline Lover of Fate-Chan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    caught the last few seconds of this one.
    "A black moon will rise onto the sky tonight a moon of darkness that'll swallow the world" - Chikane

"Piccolo sounds like hes ****ting out 7 days of Chinese food in 20 seconds" - OlyJeebus

Viper is offline I'll Never Forget You Two!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, we're nearing the end of the season. Time sure goes by fast, doesn't it?:anime: Anyway, here are my comments:

1. The Winx girls seem to being doing convergence better, now that they have their Charmix. Even Bloom was great with it, considering she didn't turn evil again.

2. Poor Flora! She simply had no confidence in herself in using her magic to revive the Pixie Village's "Flower of Life." That is...until Helia gave her some words of encouragement to believe in herself, and she was able to do it. Not only that, but thanks to Chatta's words of encouragement to tell Helia that she really liked him, Flora finally got her Charmix!!! WAY TO GO, FLORA!

3. So, the prisoner at Shadowhaunt was the real Prof. Avalon! Plus, the other was a fake working for Darkar! Talk about a surprise!

4. I was horrified when the "fake Avalon" showed his true "dark" colors and kidnapped poor Bloom!

So, I thought this was a great ep. I give it 4 stars. I'm so glad Helia & Chatta talked some sense into Flora and gave her a little backbone too!
    Best Kim Possible Dialogue:
    Kim(to Ron): You're weird.
    Ron(embarrassed) Kim.
    Kim: Shhh. I like weird.

Most Memorable Winx Club Dialogue:
    Dark Bloom: Why don't you fight?! Or is it because I'm more powerful than the five of you combined?!

Flora(furious at the Trix for hurting Rose): SHE WAS MY SISTER!!!!!

Freedom Fighter is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Color me shocked. A few weeks ago I was inching closer to writing off this show, and it won me back big time with this episode. I honestly found it very hard to find anything substantially wrong with 'Darkness and Light.'

First off, the whole 'Professor Avalon' puzzle is pretty much solved, with a twist... Darkar was keeping Avalon locked up while he sent an evil clone/double (don't know exactly yet) in his place. I loved it when Avalon used a liquification spell to slip out of his chains. The real Avalon rocks!

On the other side, this basically is a Flora-centric episode. We're seeing recovery from two fallouts here... Pixie Village after Icy stole their Codex and Flora getting the nerve to talk Helia again. Flora should've had the power to restore that Flower without much trouble, so to see her struggle was devastating. As for the Helia case, well, Chatta gives her best piece of advice ever... and one of the best lines of the season, no doubt! Pushing Flora to make a move because apparently 'Boys don't know how!' Even being a guy myself, I found that hilariously true. Good going, Chatta!

Two other quick notes:
    - Jolly and Amore's exchange, with Jolly predicting Amore will never find a love. That would bite if the pixie of romance couldn't find love.
    - Avalon and his 'Empowerment Bubble.' Ha! Yeah, Bloom's too trusting and a bit naive, and double ha, Tecna gets the last laugh... she was right about Avalon!

8 out of 10 for "Darkness and Light." Probably my favorite episode of Season Two to date!

Freedom Fighter's Library (Last Updated 5/7-10/12 It's "Fresh from Europe" pregame week!)
    Fanfiction.Net (Last Updated 5/7/12 - Fireside Diaries, Episode 215)

Rover_Wow is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Fighter
    - Avalon and his 'Empowerment Bubble.' Ha! Yeah, Bloom's too trusting and a bit naive, and double ha, Tecna gets the last laugh... she was right about Avalon!
    So, how do we explain the fiasco in "Angel of Doom" if the clone's been here all this time?

So, convergence can work with just 5 fairies, yes? That could come in handy in the season finale... though I'm wondering if Bloom will get a chance to be part of one last convergence this season, especially with her little kidnapping and all... (Remembers how eilonwe was expecting to see a final showdown between the ice dragon that destroyed RF and Bloom's resurgent fire dragon...)

OT: Just watched "Grounded" again last night, and the whole bit with the Trix and their crystals in FG's room makes me wonder: Did it stop there because Bloom happened to be there, or because FG took away her powers and put it somewhere in the room?
    What would you like to do today?
    * Help Hey Arnold! fans get closure to their series: Go here and/or here (preferably, both).
    * Get Road Rovers another season: Go here, then.

Darcy is offline Takey takey! Wipey outey!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Fighter
    Jolly and Amore's exchange, with Jolly predicting Amore will never find a love. That would bite if the pixie of romance couldn't find love.
    Well, if she wants love (in a romantic sense), she's either going to have to go outside her pixie species or love another female pixie. Now that we've seen how pixies reproduce, we learn that there's no need for male pixies! Seeing as we've never seen any male pixies, I think it's safe to say there are none. Plus, there's Brandon's reaction, which means he'd been wondering about pixie reproduction, backing up my theory that there are no males.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover_Wow
    So, how do we explain the fiasco in "Angel of Doom" if the clone's been here all this time?
    Not sure exactly what you mean and it's been awhile since the ep, but Fake Darkar wasn't the Angel of Doom either, so Tecna was wrong about that whole thing.

So, convergence can work with just 5 fairies, yes?
    I think it can work with two or more. In Faragonda's class, the girls had paired up to work on convergence, so it seems two is all you need.

Undrave is online now Forever Burning Heart!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy
    Well, if she wants love (in a romantic sense), she's either going to have to go outside her pixie species or love another female pixie. Now that we've seen how pixies reproduce, we learn that there's no need for male pixies! Seeing as we've never seen any male pixies, I think it's safe to say there are none. Plus, there's Brandon's reaction, which means he'd been wondering about pixie reproduction, backing up my theory that there are no males.
    The Pixies are a lot more likeable than I expected at first and the Amore and Jolly (glad to see her again) thing was indeed cute, especially with Liby telling Jolly to stop it :P

Anyway I suppose Amore could always be involved with another pixie and that would be adorable IMO :anime:

"People who meddle with secret identities get their memories erased."
    -------------
    "You murdered your own alter ego? Sounds socially awkward."

Rover_Wow is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure exactly what you mean and it's been awhile since the ep, but Fake Darkar wasn't the Angel of Doom either, so Tecna was wrong about that whole thing.
    Avalon's clone has been here all this time, so Tecna's Truth Orb should have revealed something about him in "Angel of Doom"... I'll chalk this up to plot conveniences.

I think it can work with two or more. In Faragonda's class, the girls had paired up to work on convergence, so it seems two is all you need.
    OT: Regarding that particular class, wondering if FG acknowledged that it should have been easy for Bloom and Stella to come up with something, since their powers are so similar (Stella even said so herself in "Shadows in Bloom", right?). If not, she should have.
    What would you like to do today?
    * Help Hey Arnold! fans get closure to their series: Go here and/or here (preferably, both).
    * Get Road Rovers another season: Go here, then.

Hordesman is offline slashor
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Avalon's clone has been here all this time, so Tecna's Truth Orb should have revealed something about him in "Angel of Doom"... I'll chalk this up to plot conveniences.
    Well, he fooled the entire faculty who should at least outexperience the girls. Presumably there's protections there supposed to keep imposters out but infiltrations do happen. Alfea still has a better track record than Hogwarts when it comes to evil teachers.

Anyway, what's the ep # on "Angel of Doom"? 9? I have the DVDs up to season 2/episode 12 that I grabbed during the Olympics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast