Quantcast

View Poll Results: Finish Chatta's cheer for her! "I'm for Winx and this is why..."

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 ("We slayed that phoenix named Darkar!")

1 10.00%
  • 4 ("Bloom might become a goddess, so please stay tuned!")

1 10.00%
  • 3 ("I helped Flora score a semi-par guy!")

6 60.00%
  • 2 ("We're cheap fanservice, that we are!")

0 0%
  • 1 ("We endorse slave labor, now give me my quarter!")

1 10.00%
  • 0 (This demeaning cheer has been deleted by us at 4Kids, because we don't approve of Chatta badmouthing our top-rated show. Or any of our shows. Even that show that just got pulled. You know, the one we didn't turn into the worst dub of this decade. That's right, didn't! We're 4Kids and we never screw up, comprende? Oh, and starting next week, Chatta will be replaced by Tony Tony Chopper. Because he won't badmouth us.)

1 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Freedom Fighter is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talkback: Winx Club "Homesick"

Like This Thread!

Dead or alive? Sky's still alive, and so are the Winx girls as we continue on in Season Two of the 'Winx Club.' What do Lord Darkar and the Trix have in store this week?

*Previously on 'Winx Club'*

"We need to talk." Immortal last four words of a relationship? Well, they usually are, and Bloom thought so when Sky asked her to drop by Red Fountain. Scared for what might happen and looking for moral support, she asked Flora and Tecna to accompany her there.

But there's no time for talk when the girls arrive and see the warriors' school under attack by the witches! Icy, Darcy, and Stormy were back to try once again to steal the Codex! The girls team up with Sky, Riven, and Timmy to try and stop them. But in the process, Icy believes they're being too much of a nuisance, so she decided to put Sky into a century-long sleep! The witches run off, successful in their mission, while Bloom and the others try desperately to revive her boyfriend. Through her emotions and her inner Dragonfire abilities, she manages to break the spell and bring Sky back to the world of the living.

*Saturday, November 19th - 9:30 am EST on 4KidsTV (check local listings)*

Episode #137 - "Homesick"

Summary: The pixies long for home, and decide to head back there in order to get their lives to return to some state of normalcy. But something's up, and why can't our girls shake the feeling that Lord Darkar is setting up a trap?

Missed it the first time? Check out Back to School, airing in repeats for the first time, one hour earlier, at 8:30 am EST!

Don't forget to drop a line and say what you thought about this episode!

Freedom Fighter's Library (Last Updated 5/7-10/12 It's "Fresh from Europe" pregame week!)
    Fanfiction.Net (Last Updated 5/7/12 - Fireside Diaries, Episode 215)

Frank15 is offline Uptight, Yet Ditzy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So Tecna's right. Avalon's a creep. Not that he was caught doing anything by anyone, but it seems Tecna truly was on to something about him.

So... Avalon is working with Darkar? Or is there some other, worthy reason why he seemed to be capturing the pixies, and freeing the pixies from the cage that we're not yet knowing?

Also, I wonder why Avalon didn't bother capturing Zing or Glim... I almost wonder why the show even bothered making them, if it was just going to forget their existance most of the time: there's no good reason that they should've been ignored, considering they're still at Alfea... right?

Did the spell really only make the pixies homesick, or did it affect their minds a bit more than just that? I mean, if they were just homesick, couldn't the "smarter" pixies realize that, homesick or not, going back wasn't a good idea? Digit in particular: it seems odd she'd let her emotions get ahead of her good judgment.

And was it just me, or were the characters off-model frequently during the episode? It's especially noticeable at the end, with the girls fighting off the monsters, and when Bloom's talking to Miss Faragonda about the Codex.

...I'm nitpicking a lot, aren't I? I actually enjoyed the episode. Not the best of the season, but it was fun. And Timmy--and it almost pains me to say it--was absolutely fine in the episode. And also nice to see that Tecna does want to talk about things besides computers !

Darcy is offline Takey takey! Wipey outey!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *yawn* It's a bad sign when I zone out during an episode. This rarely happens during Winx, though there were a few snorers in season one. This ep was another. Nothing exciting happened. There were some bits that moved the plot forward, but not in a fun and adventurous fashion. Avalon's bad, which most of us knew anyway. Flora and Helia have mad ons for each other. Duh. (I hated her daydream sequence. Talk about antiquated. My feminist side threw up in my brain.) Tecna and Timmy are having issues because he's inexperienced. (Like she's Miss Love. She needs to step it up and talk about other things herself if she wants them to be talked about. Why does he have to take the lead? We're not in the 50s anymore.) We learned some more about the Codices. And Layla continues to rock. She was my shining star that kept me going through this snoozer.

The_Magick_Hat is offline Do I AMUSE You? >_>
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode went fairly well, in my opinion. I think Tecna/Timmy is becoming one of my favorite couples. I especially liked the development in today's episode, finally Tecna demands to be treated like a person instead of a PC.

And since when did Brandon become the "Love Doctor"? Seriously, first he tries fix the Sky/Bloom ship, now he's trying Tecna/Timmy? I'm waiting to see which ship is next on his list. And it looks like Flora/Helia is getting some progress, albeit slow. Now they just need to actually TALK to each other rather than Flora having Layla play Super Winx Spy (which, by the way, was cool in and of itself).

Okay, now that the romance is out of the way...the pixies being under the Homesickness spell was kind of funny. I'm liking Darkar more as the season rolls along. Yeah, he's the typical claw-rubbing "mwah-ha-ha" villain with some cheesy lines, but he's just funny. The bit in the class about proper pronunciation was also cool (the Amazing Growing Kitties!). The implanted Witch spellbook and the Sparks book of Healing were intriguing, as was learning more about the Codex's locations.

Anyone else saw that coming, by the way? I wish there were some newer locations, Alfea, Red Fountain, and Cloud Tower have been done. Well...at least the old version of Red Fountain anyways. I was almost wishing the pixies would make it home just so we could see a new place, plus it'd be an interesting plot development. I guess that'll happen sooner or later, though...

All in all, a fun episode. Ending was typical, but okay. 4/5.
    Warning: This post may be dull and witless. Reader discretion is advised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, seeing as Alfea, Cloud Tower and Red Fountain have the strongest magical people in the realm, I can see why the Codices are there. Wouldn't make sense to put them somewhere without serious defensive capabilities. Kinda like the Sorcerer's Stone being in Hogwarts.

Spoiler:
    Each school also has a guarding pixie elder (as seen in their meeting with Faragonda). Athena, the one we saw last week zapping Icy with the kindness spell, is Red Fountain's. Alfea's is Concorda, the "psychic pixie" from the first episode of this season. Cloud Tower's is Discorda, the witchy-looking one. And Ninfea, the green-haired pixie, is the head of the Pixie Village.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well yeah, that makes sense. Having the Codexes in centers of powerful magic is fitting. Plus, we did get sort of a world tour in the first season so I guess I shouldn't complain so much.

Viper is offline I'll Never Forget You Two!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I thought this ep was pretty good.

Wow, in another attempt to get to the pixies' village, Darkar puts a "homesick" spell on 'em. Thankfully, Bloom was able to get to them in time and get them back to normal.

It's about time Faragonda told them why Darkar wants the pixies' village so badly. It contains a Codex piece, just like Alfea & Cloud Tower do.

Too bad Timmy & Tecna's meeting didn't go too well.

I felt sorry for Flora getting embarrassed in class when she tried to perform that magic after her daydream about her & Helia.

I thought the fight with the monsters was great! Even though they all got slimed! Including poor Flora.

I DID love the last part when Flora sent Helia that lovely plant to show how much she likes him. Very lovely!:anime:

So, not too bad for this week. I give this ep 3.5 stars. I just had to give it an extra half-star for Flora giving Helia that lovely plant!:anime:

Oh, about last week, I'm sorry if I keep getting over-excited with some eps. A lot of them creep me out! Plus, I take a pill for my transplanted kidney that sometimes makes me very nervous (I take Prednisone). I just wanted to let everyone know that I really am a decent person and not some insane weirdo. I've just been through a lot in my life, including the passing of my mother this past spring.
    Best Kim Possible Dialogue:
    Kim(to Ron): You're weird.
    Ron(embarrassed) Kim.
    Kim: Shhh. I like weird.

Most Memorable Winx Club Dialogue:
    Dark Bloom: Why don't you fight?! Or is it because I'm more powerful than the five of you combined?!

Flora(furious at the Trix for hurting Rose): SHE WAS MY SISTER!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heh. That's what Flora gets for daydreaming in class! I'm sure we've all been there. I used to draw little cartoons or scribble down story ideas in my classes.

I didn't mean to criticize you last talkback. I just get a bit worried sometimes because you seem to take this so seriously. But I understand better now. :anime:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wha? Getting busted while daydreaming or doodling in class? Nope, never happened to me.

And I must be an idiot. I totally didn't catch the fact that the blue-robe guy was Avalon.

Rover_Wow is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank15
    Did the spell really only make the pixies homesick, or did it affect their minds a bit more than just that? I mean, if they were just homesick, couldn't the "smarter" pixies realize that, homesick or not, going back wasn't a good idea? Digit in particular: it seems odd she'd let her emotions get ahead of her good judgment.
    Reminds me of people complaining of when Mr. Herriman wouldn't believe Wilt.
    What would you like to do today?
    * Help Hey Arnold! fans get closure to their series: Go here and/or here (preferably, both).
    * Get Road Rovers another season: Go here, then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast