View Poll Results: How many tandem bicycle rides would you take to see this episode again?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (best)

1 3.45%

1 3.45%

4 13.79%

10 34.48%

4 13.79%

2 6.90%

2 6.90%

3 10.34%

0 0%
  • 1 (worst)

2 6.90%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SirLemming is offline a playa in a world of NPCs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Simpsons "Marge's Son Poisoning" talkback (SPOILERS)

Like This Thread!
    Welcome to the first regular episode of The Simpsons since September!

Another new episode makes its way to screens across North America tonight, this one's titled Marge's Son Poisoning. Bart sees that Marge is lonely so he offers to spend more time with her, going on tandem bicycle rides and redecorating the treehouse as a "teahouse", until bullies from school find out and accuse Bart of being a "mama's boy". When Marge learns of this, she gives him the necessary tools to win back his reputation. Meanwhile, Homer joins Moe in a professional arm-wrestling circuit. Be sure to catch the episode airing at 8pm tonight on Fox.

All I know is that every single description of this episode has mentioned a tandem bicycle, so if there is no tandem bicycle in the episode I will be very disappointed.

Like seriously. People must have just seen this one clip in production of Marge and Bart riding a tandem bicycle, and it was the all they talked about for like 6 months.
    THE CASTLE OF SIR LEMMING
    THIS MONTH'S UPDATE: Christmas Countdown! 25 Christmas songs of interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, that couch gag pwn3d.

MJC
    MJC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty weak episode. The Homer arm wrestling thing was pretty good, but the main plot almost put me to sleep.
    The world's 225 richest people now have a combined wealth of $1 trillion. That's equal to the combined annual income of the world's 2.5 billion poorest people.

Something to think about.

Juu-kuchi is offline Everypony's Starry-Eyed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Much <3 on the couch gag.

But the episode is actually not too bad as the main plot remains cohesive and in tune with the characters. Even the subplot worked well and wasn't obtrusive at all.

Not too shabby really. The first really solid episode of the season.

and2 is offline AMIIIIGOOOOO, oh Amigooooo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode passed really fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I loved when Marge yelled "STOP THE SHOWCASE!" and the audience remained completely disinterested.
    In fact I liked a lot about the karaoke scene for some reason. Good use of Apu. I'm not sure why. It just felt right.

I do hate that they keep using the line "I didn't say stop!" I just don't get what the point is of re-using lines that way. But they seem to like doing it now.

So overall, it wasn't bad. Homer's subplot really went nowhere, but it could've been worse. A relatively satisfying half-hour. It was something new.

CyberCubed is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked this episode a lot. It started off slow, but it picked up steam fast. Lots of funny gags in this one, and I love the Homer/Moe schemes. We haven't seen one of those in a while.

Pretty good episode overall, the plot actually made sense.

Sam Hill is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't stand to see what's happening to the Simpsons. Enough is enough. END THE DAMN THING!

and2 is offline AMIIIIGOOOOO, oh Amigooooo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would have liked for the homer side story to have gotten a little bit more time. Overall solid episode, I liked the naive Seymore near the end.

7/10

Fone Bone is offline Bonehead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Predictability can be a VERY good thing which is something the writers of The Simpsons should keep in mind more often. I am one of the few people who generally enjoys the later seasons for the mindless fluff they are but one of the most frustrating things about the recent seasons (particularly the Al Jean years) is that often a cohesive plot set up in the first and second act falls apart at the end for some random bizarreness that not only doesn't really make sense but is more often than not contrary to the nature of the episode. I LOVED the first two parts of Jaws Wired Shut and Left Below but the endings were rushed, zany for the sake of zany and unfunny. Sadly this seems to be a trend with the newer episodes.

Imagine my delight that this episode actually had a straight ending! It was funny enough but for me that seems besides the point. The story ended up right where it logically should have. Some people may consider that formulaic but really that's what most of the episodes from the first eight seasons did. I think The Simpsons writers are such big fans of unpredictability that they forget that a story should NOT go to certain places, especially when it makes the entire episode pointless. I loved this episode for not doing that.

It was pretty dang funny too. I love how complex Bart's conflicting natures of loving Marge more than life itself and being a total bastard are shown this episode. He's a sweet kid and at the same time a nasty one and it I found the bullies taunts and his reactions pretty funny.

Homer's subplot was good too. For some reason I have always loved grifts and scams on The Simpsons and this was no exception. I found it hilarious that the first prize for the arm-wrestling championship was $50 and the entrance fee was $60! I was laughing pretty hard at that.

Yeah, this was a really good episode. Just because I like the newer episodes in general doesn't mean I can't recognize their flaws. And this episode had a major shortage of them. ****1/2.

And is it just me or are the later seasons couch gags a million times funnier and creative than some of the earlier seasons?
    Matt Zimmer!
    "I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Moo! Think I'll chew me some cud!"-- Smiley Bone a.k.a. the Mystery Cow in Bone: The Great Cow Race.
    "I knew we made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet," Calvin's Dad from Calvin and Hobbes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast