Quantcast
    Dr. Daedalus is online now Souter made us do it!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

King of the Hill Talkback: "Bill's House" (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Yay! New KOTH after 2 months! Bill becomes a volunteer worker. Let's see how this plays out.

Sr.Infierno is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty good episode

They need to put Bill out of his misery, he can be so pathetic
    MySpace

-Hated Family Guy before South Park made it trendy-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was afraid this was going to be one of those, "Bill does something that makes him happy and then later turns it into an obsession" episodes. I was glad that it ended up not being one of those episodes. Not too bad really.

Sr.Infierno is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by creativerealms
    I was afraid this was going to be one of those, "Bill does something that makes him happy and then later turns it into an obsession" episodes. I was glad that it ended up not being one of those episodes. Not too bad really.
    We've had enough of those episodes.

We barely ever get a Dale-centered episode anymore, or Boomhauer
    MySpace

-Hated Family Guy before South Park made it trendy-

Wanted is offline Toonmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If it's feeling helpful that Bill likes, then they need to make an episode where he adopts a kid...

I liked this episode... very funny. I need to start picking up Hill boxed sets.

Dr. Daedalus is online now Souter made us do it!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Best LOL gag was Hank getting winded from walking to the truck and sleeping in the driveway (complete with Dale thinking he was dead). Another good one was Dale's super long straw leading to beer, when he's supposed to be drinking iced tea instead. Also, I loved the fast-talking guy who masks his withdrawl from alcohol behind a super positive demeanor.

The main plot was kind of reminiscent of "'Twas the Nut Before Christmas" from Season 5, but the residents were a lot less sinister.

The subplot with Bobby teaching Peggy how to ride a bike was....... there. It had the potential for clever material but it was mostly role reversal which got old quickly. Seriously, most of KOTH's subplots in the last couple of seasons have been weak. They should either beef up their A story so a B story isn't needed or just make better B plots.

Peter Paltridge is online now It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonmaster
    If it's feeling helpful that Bill likes, then they need to make an episode where he adopts a kid....
    That would have been a lot funnier! I'd like to see that....too bad I won't.

When I realized Bill was the focus again, I held my breath. Especially when he reached for the bottle of ipecac syrup; good thing Hank caught him and this didn't turn into yet another "Bill's neediness drives everyone insane" episode. I like the fact that even BILL can be turned off if you make things bad enough for him. This episode shows he has a good heart, though, and he doesn't deserve the life he has.

Say what you will about the subplot, but I liked the bit where Peggy was doing fine on the bike, then Dale reminded her Bobby wasn't holding on and she fell. That's about right.

You know what I really want to see? One more Connie-centric episode. There have barely been any, and I realize coming up with something for her to do might be tough, but we don't see her often enough.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: In the newest (relatively speaking) Misfit Christmas Special, someone stole Santa Claus! Can a bestselling author and her talking mouse get to the bottom of this?

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whoops, forgot about this thread...

So yeah, it was pretty funny. I think Dale got the best lines, you usually can't go wrong with his comments.

The Peggy/Bobby thing wasn't bad. I liked it, but I wish it had a more satisfying ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonmaster
    If it's feeling helpful that Bill likes, then they need to make an episode where he adopts a kid...
    I've actually wanted the series to end like that (where Bill is concerned anyway). The guy's got a lot of love to give.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman