Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye, Jenny

Swonker is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Goodbye, Jenny

Like This Thread!
    Quoted from the Teenage Roblog:
    You know how it's best to remove a band aid quickly rather than try to minimize the pain by going slow?

There will be no fourth season of Teenage Robot.

The executives love the show but the ratings aren't good enough for them to give us more episodes. We've known for quite awhile and I apologize for not letting you all know sooner but it I didn't want to dampen the enthusiasm you all have for the show. It really lifts my spirits to read your posts.

On the plus side, there are still many unaired episodes of Teenage Robot yet to come. Some of our best, I think. So please keep watching and spreading the word about Jenny. If the ratings improve over time who knows...

SpongeBob's original run was only three seasons as well
    Yes, it appears that in their boneheaded tradition of not giving this show the respect it deserves, the Nick execs have decided that Teenage Robot will end at its third season. They say it's because the show got low ratings. (Yeah, I'm sure the fact that they waited over a year to start airing its second season and then gave it the most awkward airing times of any program still in production on the network had nothing to do with that.:rolleyes2 ) We still have a few second season episodes left and the whole of the third to look forward to, so we'll still be seeing Jenny for a while. I know I'll be anticipating each new episode, as well as any possible DVD. Let's all get together and appreciate this great show that Nick decided to throw away before it's all over.

So long, Jenny.

Gokou Ruri is offline Wielder of the dark arts.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice to see people still bashing Nickelodeon when it's their own fault, but it's sad to see her go. MLAATR was one of my favorite shows on Nickelodeon.

Movie-Brat is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It should be Spongebob that should be cancelled not Teenage Robot.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie-Brat
    It should be Spongebob that should be cancelled not Teenage Robot.
    I agree, im not a big fan of Teenage Robot but at least its better than Spongebob.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Tash is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer
    Nice to see people still bashing Nickelodeon when it's their own fault, but it's sad to see her go. MLAATR was one of my favorite shows on Nickelodeon.
    It IS Nick's fault. I loved the show, but it was never on. (they'd randomly show new episodes on Friday, and a few random episodes on the weekend. Even when it DID get a weekday run, it didn't last very long)

Wanted is offline Toonmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tash
    It IS Nick's fault. I loved the show, but it was never on. (they'd randomly show new episodes on Friday, and a few random episodes on the weekend. Even when it DID get a weekday run, it didn't last very long)
    I know. Last year, after a two-year cable hiatus, one of my missions was to catch Teenage Robot as much as possible. Well, thanks to Nick, that effort failed. Yet another good show compromised by the bad choices of scheduling executives. I expect to see this show on Nicktoons Network in a short while, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, Nick has ceased production on "Robot", FOP (thank goodness) and "Jimmy Neutron". Something tells me a lesser crop of new toons is on the way...

EscaflownePilot is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yup... pretty soon they'll off all the good stuff (Jimmy Neutron, FOP, and MLAATR... and, yes, I do consider all three of those to be very good, especially MLAATR) for more wonderfully cliche and dull Catscratch-esque crap! At least Avatar seems to be doing well (knocks on wood).

It's times like these that I SO wish I had a Nielson box and were in demographic, in a desperate attempt to save this awesome show!
    Last edited by EscaflownePilot; 10-18-2005 at 11:06 PM.

I.R Joey is offline Yep my face got stuck this way
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I knew it, I knew it! All the signs were there from the schedule shuffling, to the lack of advertisment, to the blog not being updated.

It's a shame to because this was a nice little Nicktoon that could be enjoyed by pretty much anyone. At least they got to make a cool special with Escape from Cluster Prime.

I hope Mr. Renzenti and his team aren't out of work for to long. Maybe he can get Mina and the count of the ground.
    Last edited by I.R Joey; 10-18-2005 at 09:17 PM.
    Question the Answers.

Every time you decide not to go to my artist's blog an angel has its wings viciously mutilated. Do you really want that on your conscience?
    http://stephenpjames.blogspot.com/

disneyfan89 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by judyindisguise
    So, Nick has ceased production on "Robot", FOP (thank goodness) and "Jimmy Neutron". Something tells me a lesser crop of new toons is on the way...
    When did Nick cancel The Fairly Oddparents? I seem to have missed that memo...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast